kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6835|Bryan/College Station, TX
I know this is selfish of me.
I want a way to ignore certain members of the forum like a filter.
You know so I don't have to even skip their posts/replies, I simply just don't see them period.
This is to block all kinds of irritation right from the get go.
I suppose it would be similar to the "ignore" function in Chatrooms.
Yes I know this will probably never be included.
Just being hopeful and half venting after reading 4 pages of forum messages.
Cest la Vie

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-09-27 00:57:24)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

I've not seen any kind of plugin like that for this package, and I think my time programming can be spent on better things.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
Oh I agree, just half me venting and wishing. I really don't expect it to be implemented but that doesn't prevent me from hoping for an act of programing divinity and seeing this feature program appear somewhere on the BB developer boards.

Doing a great job Chuy.

Cheers.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

but kilroy wouldn't that mean that you don't expect certain members of the forums to ever post anything that would be of interest to you? what do you say to these people ?

and which criteria would you want to implement to choose them ?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

B.Schuss wrote:

but kilroy wouldn't that mean that you don't expect certain members of the forums to ever post anything that would be of interest to you? what do you say to these people ?

Well the ignore list would actually be private and would be unique to each person's profile. Hence my ignore list could very well be different than your ignore list and vice versa. And if they happen to post something important well I wouldnt' see it. However I might see some of the replies...  eh.
B.Schuss

kilroy0097 wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Well the ignore list would actually be private and would be unique to each person's profile. Hence my ignore list could very well be different than your ignore list and vice versa. And if they happen to post something important well I wouldnt' see it. However I might see some of the replies...  eh.
well, as a mod I guess it wouldn't make sense for me to make a ignore list anyway....
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6800|Lake Constanze, Germany
@B: we could add all member and go like: *tada* The forums are clean...
No posts to answer to....

j/k  ....

Greetz,
Agent
B.Schuss

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

@B: we could add all member and go like: *tada* The forums are clean...
No posts to answer to....

j/k  ....

Greetz,
Agent
but then we would have nothing to do and would have to get back to our normal lifes. how sad would that be ?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829
Dude, you could just tell me to shut up and quit blowing smoke out my ass.  I can get the hint.

You didn't need to go and request a feature just to ignore me.

I just wanna be loved, is that so wrong? <cries in the corner>
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
@B: Nooooo, ur right....i dont want RL .....dont need one 

@Monkey: As i stated somewhere else: I LOVE U ALL   *blink*

Greetz,
Agent
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6838|Australia
bit of an anti social thread this..

B.Schuss

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

not directed at anyone specific, I assure you. Ii's just that us germans are quite antisocial to begin with. Why else would we have started to world wars...?
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6838|Australia

B.Schuss wrote:

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

not directed at anyone specific, I assure you. Ii's just that us germans are quite antisocial to begin with. Why else would we have started to world wars...?
hummm cause u were bored?
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
@Smurf: Have you something heard about that joke or sarcasm-thang?!

Greetz,
Agent
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6831|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Dude, you could just tell me to shut up and quit blowing smoke out my ass.  I can get the hint.

Monkey, either you're jokin around with us or your self esteem sucks. I can't speak for kilroy, but I highly doubt he was talking about you... me on the other hand...
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Monkey, either you're jokin around with us or your self esteem sucks. I can't speak for kilroy, but I highly doubt he was talking about you... me on the other hand...
Just going for a laugh.  I don't think I've riled anyone up here enough to want an ignore feature, other than chuy and that's only because I'm almost always off topic.

I think an ignore feature is a waste of code.  For the few times it would come in handy it's not worth trying to code up.  And the once or twice I want to use it, it's with in very selective topics too.  Not every post by some one is worthless, just the ones on selected topics.

Last edited by Burning_Monkey (2005-09-30 18:59:17)

Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6838|Australia

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

@Smurf: Have you something heard about that joke or sarcasm-thang?!

Greetz,
Agent
LOL orange. not again. yes i know.
I think you take everything i say too seriously. I donno

Peace!
Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA

B.Schuss wrote:

I think the ignore function should be reevaluated as a forum feature.  Not for a "global forum ingore", but for a specific "thread ingore".  So that way, anyone has the option to ignore that player to be ignored in a specific thread (a clickable link under the member name under "E-mail PM").

It could be like

"This guy is a total noob, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about in this thread", click "Ignore Member"
"This guy complains too much and all his comments are irrelevent to the thread", click "Ignore Member"
"This guy is in the TOP clan...", click "Ignore Member"
"This guy is a bf2s mod, I don't give a chit what he says" (j/k, of course disable ability to ignore mods), click "Ignore Member"

This will only apply to the thread in which the person was ingored.  So if that persons posts in another thread you will still see their posts.  Ppl in a member's thread ignore list should be there for a very good reason.  There are some ppl who you don't actually don't give a chit about what they say.   Probably just wishfull thinking...

Last edited by Rakasan (2006-04-14 02:34:55)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
there is a add on on firefox...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Rakasan
+7|6828|California, USA
cyborg, are you referring to the "BF2S.com Browser 0.1"?  There is that and the "BF2S.com Menu 0.7".   I can't test  because I am using FireFox on Linux.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Rakasan wrote:

cyborg, are you referring to the "BF2S.com Browser 0.1"?  There is that and the "BF2S.com Menu 0.7".   I can't test  because I am using FireFox on Linux.
no no, there is a bb board firefox extension that lets u ignore ppl, kinda useless me thinks
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5229|Cleveland, Ohio
i would pay for this feature tbh.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
I would support marine paying for this.
Tu Stultus Es
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
I would support it, but not pay...
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire

jord wrote:

I would support it, but not pay...
this..but i probably wouldnt use it anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard