GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6749|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
hey how you doin . saw a show last night with this guy in it , Fatality 1 hes a cyber athlete ! They were playing a game called painkiller (never heard of it ) but he was bloody awesome . the guy won $400,000 Us in a final to become world champ of that game . just wondering if any of you Yank gamers have heard of him , i think if he picks up bf2 he'll kill us all
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6749|Malaga, España
and then who are our parents to say ''Sitting on ur ass behind the PC all day long is a Waste of Time'' I would love to see their faces when they seen that guy winning 400,000$
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6769

a LOT of people have heard of him.

now that he has his own sound card and motherboard.

they may be crappy hardware, but they sitll got named after him.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6699|San Francisco
I didn't get to go up against him at the 2004 World Cyber Games here in San Francisco, but I did get a huge Abit mousepad for applying!
Basically, if you killed him once, you got a shirt.  If you killed him 5 times, you got a computer or a sound card.  If you won the match, you got $1,000 and a boatload of other things, if I remember correctly.
asbad
+19|6726|Ireland
Is he no longer like "No 1 in the world"?,  i heard he was beaten by some chinese kid called "rocket boy" in a quake 4 competition
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6780|Nova Scotia, Canada

Yeah, he got beat by some other guy....
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6699|San Francisco
He can still whoop some ass blindfolded in UT2k4 though...
drunk-eddie
+0|6625
I heard of him when I learned about Creative X-Fi snd cards coming out. Creative Labs named the gaming version after this dude.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6710|Central Valley,California
My dad said "Go play games and earn cash" after hearing about that guy.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6853|San Francisco

I can't say that I've ever heard of a "Fatality 1" though I think you meant Fatal1ty. I guess people into bf2 aren't really into the gaming competition scene as much as quake players are, I thought Jonathan Wendel was incredibly well known among gamers.

Yes, he did get beat by (the nearly unknown at the time) rocketboy in one of those "beat Fatal1ty" competitions. The kid won something near $1 million for it as I recall, and has since gone pro.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6762|Hell, p.o box 666

Hm, I cant understand the hype about Fatal1ty... I´ve seen a lot of matches on german tv and everytime he was beaten! Anyway he is the most popular cybergamer, and a superb gamer at all, but after his great Doom3-success he played other games like CSS or Painkiller, and there were some other guys (like Voo or rocketboy) that rocked his ars. Consider, this guy doesnt work or study, he plays games (always the same) more than eight hours a day, others have to do the closetservice at mc-donalds. I think it isn´t such a prob beating him if anybody else also do nothing but playing.

By the way: I´ve heard Fatal1ty is a bad teamplayer (some of his former counterstrikeclan said so).

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-03-15 00:00:00)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6651
yeah i heard something about him having his own motehrboard and soundcard like Coolbeano mentioned.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6706|England, UK

Coolbeano wrote:

a LOT of people have heard of him.

now that he has his own sound card and motherboard.

they may be crappy hardware, but they sitll got named after him.
I have the Abit Fatality 1 one mobo. Fast as %$&*! PCIex, SATA, RAID etc etc

Last edited by General_CoLin_Tassi (2006-03-15 01:31:18)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6722
i have the xfi fata1ty card... it is teh roxxorz!!!!111oneoneoneone but pretty much me thinks he has no life
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

If I can ever game to the point where I can market my own bits of hardware and be financially independant, I reserve the right to be as big of an asshole as I want.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard