Fredline
+13|6636|Seattle, WA
Is it possible to get the Veteran Badge before the Basic by getting 50 Knife Kills but never 7 IAR?
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6674|Sydney, Australia

Fredline wrote:

Is it possible to get the Veteran Badge before the Basic by getting 50 Knife Kills but never 7 IAR?
not before - but you can get them both at the same time however by getting the 50 knife kills before the 7 IAR as you said.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6660|Cumberland, MD, USA
Karkand and Sharqui are the most popular maps to get the basic and veteran knife badges on in normal BF2, but in Special Forces go to Warlord and spawn at the Palace. Best knife place ever!
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6808|Jupiter
How many knife badge posts untill the BF2s.com server crashs?
libsurgent
+0|6670
Best way:  Sniper on 64 player server with <20 players on it.  You have alot of time.  Nothing worse than having 6 knife kills and 10 tickets left!  Same for pistol....
Tennouheika
+0|6652
I just played on a Karkand server, with a 64 player map but only 30 players. After I got basic knife I went on to get a gold star .
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/INVISNIPER/Veteran_Knife.jpg

On a full 54 man.
Skinnister
+43|6741|UK
OUCH !!!!
https://x10.putfile.com/3/6413441128-thumb.jpg
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion

Skinnister wrote:

OUCH !!!!
2 tickets left!!! u bastard.... i had 5 left with my 17th kill but couldnt find anyone to get my last
Umibozu_IT
+15|6663|Italy
got my expert one on 64 sharqui, 32 players. got it with 100 tickets left. don't know which is the right trick to get it... i just hid around corners, pursued ppl who didn't noticed me, spawnkilled a couple of dumb snipers and sometimes went for dogfights in narrow rooms, since when you're close to the enemy you simply have to go prone and stab their feet.
nordicfireman
+7|6688

polarbearz wrote:

Search. Bitch.
while it's true that the search should be used before most posts, people obviously like talking about knife badges and knifing, and there's no harm in letting some people chat about it. if everyone just searched "knife badge" and read about it, they would find out the best ways to get it, but there would be no more talking about it, which just wouldn't be as much fun.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6661
i use to think the same thing, this is what u do, go to karkand pcik a map with slow ticket count, or not many players at all, that way u will have a chance to kill and sneak up on someone while they are not looking u wont have to worry about someone shooting u since there wont be that many ppl, on the map, also make sure when u join dont join a good server where they have little people its gonan be hard for u to get knife badge unless u knwo what u are doing, anyhow when u join a server with not that many people hope that there is an idiot out there who would use a gun and keep going on the same spot like a sniper to his favorite spot, which is how i got my knife badge some guy kept going to the same spot and using a pistol , so i got like 3 kills of him so he stoped doing that goign to the same spot anyhow also mec guys will spawn around hotel and might be around the fence outside the 1st fence , i got 3 kills there they were all lined up facing the otehr way so i snuk up and knifed all three of them while they were not looking u sometimes have to wait for the right time so you can execute but once u see an opportunity ull be glad u waited, or u can sit by the flag thats what i heard helps never tried it, i usualy sneak up behind them and knife them fast.
Skinnister
+43|6741|UK

Hugh_Jasss wrote:

Skinnister wrote:

OUCH !!!!
2 tickets left!!! u bastard.... i had 5 left with my 17th kill but couldnt find anyone to get my last
lol sorry, i was in a kniving frenzy that round..
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion

Skinnister wrote:

Hugh_Jasss wrote:

Skinnister wrote:

OUCH !!!!
lol - dont apologise I know the feeling of having an awesome round with knives.... the round I got 17 kills with knife, i came first with my awesome reviving and healing skillz

gonna have to try for the expert again soon.... just hope there aren't too many armour spawn-campers... they always take away from my kills (and often kill me too)
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6668
I think there should be a stickied knife thread, it'd save from having all these "how do I get my basic knife badge" etc threads and also it'd be an interesting place for discussion on tactics and stories of how they got their badge.
WolfkillerXIII
+0|6642
Wow...I got the basic knife badge last night finally! My last kill was the very last ticker left on the map. Crazy stuff.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6753

SF:Warlord, get into the palace as support shoot teargas all around and start knifing, that is how I got my Expert Knife Badge
Jedibrain
+1|6641
Got mine on an underpopulated Karkand.  I had 10 kills in a round that lasted an hour.  8 with knife, one with grenade, one with my rifle.  Played medic.  Managed to keep myself a live which helped a lot in getting the kills.  I tried to stay on the fringes of combat, looking for people running away from the main action to try and accomplish something behind the lines. 

Used only my knife execpt for those 2 kills.  The nade one was some guy taking pot shots at me from the hill while I was stalking his teammate.  Had to nade him to get the knife on the other guy.  The rilfe kill was a guy that saw me coming so I had to shoot him since I could never close the gap in time to knife.

Took me almost the whole round, but it was worth it.  Unfortunately, it was during 1.2 when I couldn't take a sceenshot.  THe UAV is great, as others have said - that arrow really helps you sneak up on people.

Brian
Skinnister
+43|6741|UK

Hugh_Jasss wrote:

Skinnister wrote:

Hugh_Jasss wrote:

lol - dont apologise I know the feeling of having an awesome round with knives.... the round I got 17 kills with knife, i came first with my awesome reviving and healing skillz

gonna have to try for the expert again soon.... just hope there aren't too many armour spawn-campers... they always take away from my kills (and often kill me too)
man my buddy has started new account and he has got expert knive in only 2 days trying.....and he only plays with knives and claymores
Fredline
+13|6636|Seattle, WA

Hugh_Jasss wrote:

Fredline wrote:

not before - but you can get them both at the same time however by getting the 50 knife kills before the 7 IAR as you said.
Well, coincidentally I only need 7 more knife kills to get 50, so I guess I will test the theory.
Unless I get really lucky & get all 7 in one round .
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6688|The Real World

I think you need the 50 before going for the 7. I got my basic knife yesterday on 64 player Karkand with 20 player. Only need 200 points needed for my first sergant promotion.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6714
Which is better guys? Slow unpopulated (16-20) Karkand server (slow tickets i mean) Fast Populated (32-64) Karkand server. Slow unpopulated Sharqi Server or Fast Populated Sharqi server
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6683

gvers wrote:

I think you need the 50 before going for the 7. I got my basic knife yesterday on 64 player Karkand with 20 player. Only need 200 points needed for my first sergant promotion.
Yup, you need 50 before going for those 7 kills to get veteran.  Got 11 knife kills IAR, but only got the basic badge after a total of 54 knife kills.  Gonna have to try to get those 7 kills again one of these days.  Sharqi is best, since there are so many ways to get behind the enemy and action is everywhere.  On Karkand, it's sometimes difficult to get behind the enemy.

A few days before, I got both the basic and veteran pistol at the same time. but had over 100 pistol kills before attempting the badge.  Easy enough to get.  Just gotta go for the headshots.  It's gonna take awhile to get those 500 kills though.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6683

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

Which is better guys? Slow unpopulated (16-20) Karkand server (slow tickets i mean) Fast Populated (32-64) Karkand server. Slow unpopulated Sharqi Server or Fast Populated Sharqi server
From personal experience, I prefer a loaded Sharqi server.  Much more easy to find enemies.  At one time, it was the perfect combination of things.  I was under our UAV.  The enemy UAV was elsewhere.  I was MEC sniper, and snuck up behind a whole squad of marines as they were advancing from the Entrance spawn point.  They saw me, but whatever reason, they assumed that I was on their side.  I was the enemy in their midst.  And so, I proceeded to kill each straggler.  It was awesome.   Could have been the red tag bug that kept me from being noticed.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
Loaded Sharqi for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard