a1rflow
+1|6621
Hey everyone, after seeing that deadly PKM video that we all know, I've been really thinking about my next unlock.

I was going to pick the DAO-12 first of all, because I've been getting into anti-tank class alot.  I figured that I needed a better gun than the default weak SMG.  After doing some searching, I came to the conclusion that the DAO-12 was a very useful gun.

However after seeing that PKM video I went on bf2 and killed and looked for PKM kits.  After using the rifle for awhile, I noticed how accurate and how good it can be.  Although I never play support, I figured that I could learn to use support in an effective way.

So what should it be? DAO or PKM?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.
they are both really good upgrades to have.  i like the DAO more because i like anti-tank more than support. the regular support guns still work pretty good too. i say choose whatever class you want to be more.
PvtchieF73
+15|6710|Netherlands
yea i agree, but still the PKM is since the 1.2 patch way more usefull in more situations...
and unlimited ammo with you.... able to give ammo to your brothers in arms...(and points to yourself)
but yea the DOA is also very usefull but only short range
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
What do you use more?

If that's not a consideration, PKM. It's a pwnage gun, and leads to the MG36, another pwnage gun.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Inquatitis
+1|6639
ever since the PKM's accuracy and damage was modified in the last patch everyone and their hampster is using it.
for everything.
i swear one of these days im going to see a medic hauling around a PKM while single handedly destroying the Essex.
but back on topic, if you use your Anti Tank kit more, get that unlock since the SMG's for that kit are horrible.
The support SAW is a very good LMG so you dont need to jump the gun on the PKM.
C0mRAdE_MikE
+1|6629
PKM, owns. get the PKM, the PKM is what you want, the dao-12 is great at point blank range but the number of times i've anhillated a dao-12-er with the pkm at dao-12 affective range is insane, most of the time i'll come out on top. besides the PKM is also good if you want to snipe snipe, support and annhilate all with the one kit!
Inquatitis
+1|6639
as i was saying, the newest noobtube class is now the support with the PKM.
DTAC
+9|6742
At least they can help out if they remember they carry ammo bags also!

As for the weapon choice. Depends on what you play more or will play longer. Are you playing one of the kits just to log the hours required for the badges or is a class you will play mostly?

Saying that, I seldom use the DAO, quicker to hit someone with a rocket sometimes.

Basically, the DAO-12 is a secondary weapon for AT and the PKM is the primary weapon. I unlocked the PKM and I'm seldom support but there are times it comes in very handy.
PvtchieF73
+15|6710|Netherlands
just really do your best then you can get them both

hehe, no really dont make so much fuzz, you will get them both eventually
Pagan[CyC]
DAO12 Whore
+1|6766
Perhaps this will inspire you to choose the DAO-12:

While using the DAO-12 on Warlord yesterday I killed a guy and hit reload but nothing happened.  Hit it a couple more times and still nothing happened.  Then I noticed I only had the 8 shells that were already loaded.  Figured I could get at least one more kill and did so.  With 3 shells left I figured it was time to grab the dead guy's kit.  Got three more kills and was down to one bar of life with no medics or crates around so I did an ineffective suicidal attack.  Then I noticed I had gone on a 13-0 run.  1 with an APC to start it, 9 with the DAO-12 then 3 with the assault rifle I had picked up.  First time I ever ran out of ammo with the DAO-12.

One of the keys to the DAO-12 is don't use up all 12 shells before reloading.  If you get a chance, reload.  And if an enemy appears while you are reloading, switch to knife then back to the DAO-12 instead of sitting there like a retard.  Took me a while to figure that one out.

Last edited by Pagan[CyC] (2006-03-21 05:14:10)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

The original poster will earn another unlock in approx. 50 days, having already gotten the DAO-12. I like the PKM, because it is more useful at long range than the default SAW's. I'll keep using it until EA decides to nerf it.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-21 05:17:50)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Sorry to change the subject but when support I use the MG36. Which is the better gun....PKM or MG36?

Yes, there probably is a post going already but I want a quick up to date opinion now the patch has been released.

I reckon the PKM is defanatly better vs any vehicle when compared to the MG36.  I like sniping with the MG36 and its very effective at CQC. 

If I revert back to the PKM is it seen as a downgrade or is it genuinely better than the MG36?
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6625|Cherry Pie
Depends on what you want to do.  The DAO-12 is a great weapon which usually owns on almost all others at close range.  If you use Anti-tank a lot, I would get the DAO-12.  The PKM is good for camping and hiding and camping and camping...  So if you like boyscouts then pick the PKM. 

If you have SF then you can get 2 unlocks, so pick both!

I'm not complaining about the PKM either, the power of that gun has never stopped me from kicking all kinds of ass in any server...
noobmurderer
Banned
+1|6626
pkm is easy to use
u dont need the dao12 cuz its only good for close range and for that you have the knife
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6762
In the end it depends on the maps you play the most and your kit preference.  If you like to play Wake a lot, then I don't reccomend the DAO.  But for, say, Karkand, the DAO is perfect, especially because of all the vehicle trouble Karkand players run into.  But do be careful on your shots, as the DAO has a very long reload from empty.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard