Poll

MMO players are more prone to being losers than FPS players. Truth?

Yes - The majority of MMO players are losers.83%83% - 26
No - The majority of FPS players are losers.16%16% - 5
Total: 31
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6723
mmo players have no skills, mmo games is just how long u can stay on ur pc all day
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6770

Except DND Online.

Gamespot review "This is the only MMORPG I actually PLAY."

I love that comment.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

BF2 has elements of MMOism, with people scripting profiles to stay online just to get award hours down.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6750|Malaga, España
the topic creator isnt know what he is talking about.

FPS: The skill u need is : Reaction speed, Aiming, and ofcourse knowledge about the weapon u fire.

MMO: Indeed u do not need skill but u need a Strategy , and i consider that as an Skill for MMO . because that what MMO is about . if u make wrong decisions about the status of ur character for example the MMO Char status is aranged by 4 different Types : Strenght , Accuracy , Mana and Vitality. if u make wrong decisions about the amount of Points u add to these 4 stat category u can fuck up ur char and make him weaker then others .
Rosse_modest
+76|6783|Antwerp, Flanders
Neither choices are correct.
12inchnick
+17|6638
This is a BF2 forum what do you think people are going to say?
uber73
+188|6759|Brisbane
the STATS in bf2 make it a character developing game, u develop your character, you play roles... its a game which is online, its multiplayer, and massive on the grand scale... ergo, MMORPG

stupid thread.

Last edited by uber73 (2006-03-13 11:33:18)

MrPredictable
+14|6693
I wouldnt say the majority of mmorpg players are losers, but they definatly produce a higher precentage than other genres.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6741|cairns australia
really the question doesnt make sense.just a flame wow thread.
twiistaaa
+87|6675|mexico

MrPredictable wrote:

I wouldnt say the majority of mmorpg players are losers, but they definatly produce a higher precentage than other genres.
i'd say thats tru, but BF2 would have its fair share.

also age, a 14 yr old who plays mmorpg isnt as much of a loser as a 31 yr old bf2 player who still lives with his parents.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Playing MMO's or FPS's depends on the intensity people prefer in their gameplay. MMO's in general, from my experience with trials, are a bit more relaxing, and less demanding of your complete attention.

To me, I would either pay a monthly fee for some MMO, or buy a completely new game every couple of months. I wouldn't be willing to do both.
uber73
+188|6759|Brisbane
im a 32 year old bf2 player who lives with his gorgeous wife... am i a loser?  the way i se it is, anyone who spends all their life playing ANY game to extreme is a loser.  In the case of bf2, anyone who has a HUGE global score is a loser, anyone in the top 100 ranks of bf2 players MUST be a loser with very little else going on in their lives. 

I have met more wankers that play bf2 than in any game i have ever played. so this topic, for me, is one of the stupidest ones i have ever read.  and who the fuck says a MMORPG has to have gold and goblins?

M assively
M ultiplayer
O nline
R ole
P laying
G ame

isnt BF2 perfectly defined by that?  So its a fps also... but it falls into EACH of the characteristics of a mmorpg.
MrPredictable
+14|6693
bf2 isnt really an rpg, and mmo is ment more for very large worlds that you can play in( 1000+ people). I mean, it would be sweet if bf2 got some more of those aspects, but it doesnt right now.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6750|Malaga, España

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

the topic creator isnt know what he is talking about.

FPS: The skill u need is : Reaction speed, Aiming, and ofcourse knowledge about the weapon u fire.

MMO: Indeed u do not need skill but u need a Strategy , and i consider that as an Skill for MMO . because that what MMO is about . if u make wrong decisions about the status of ur character for example the MMO Char status is aranged by 4 different Types : Strenght , Accuracy , Mana and Vitality. if u make wrong decisions about the amount of Points u add to these 4 stat category u can fuck up ur char and make him weaker then others .
I'm not talking about skill... and learn to speak proper fucking english retard.

I'm talking about losers IRL.
You're not my fucking english teacher so shut the f*ck up. 

idiotic people , always saying to the guy who makes some mistakes in the english gramar or spell the word wrong that he has to learn proper english. that you do not know how many countries are here in this community , not everyone is perfect in english. I speak 4 god damn languages . German, dutch, English and spanish. so i cant be perfect at all 4 of them.

and still if you talk abou the amount of time people waste between these 2 Genre's games well , it doesnt matter what game it is , its how Addicted the person is into the game, (in BF2 just look at the top 10 players , in MMO also the Top 10 players if they have a ranking system.

So what Genre creates more losers....mmmm i think Both, still what i say above...its how Addicted the person is. its not what genre he plays. it would be the Same with some other Genre's like RTS or Adventure , platform it still about the amount of Time you spend on the game that makes a person the loser...MMO got his losers in Social life, and FPS got their losers in Social life. my Friend play's 5 hours a day on WoW , he's an addicted bastard , never sees sunlight unless he must go to school.

Edit: If you can spot it i forgot a T somewhere , are you going to flame me now

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-03-14 01:50:21)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6750|Malaga, España
MMO needs more time to complete yes, i think the reason of that is the dificult Story line and the puzzles and quests you must complete to continue. i saw a friend of mine doing a quest about a stupid Magical stone, and he had to go to some dark forest (ow yeah its get scary now) to slay 2 hours long OVERSIZED MAGGOTS and finally he got the darn stone, and i fell a sleep during the long proces of getting a second stone .....*sigh*
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

BF2 is a ranked FPS with moderately large maps and a slight tilt to RTS, for commander; not a level/equipment/currency-based character system in a real-time universe that constantly receives development. And BF2 has only the vaguest of plots, not even on par with Command & Conquer.

uber73 wrote:

im a 32 year old bf2 player who lives with his gorgeous wife... am i a loser?  the way i se it is, anyone who spends all their life playing ANY game to extreme is a loser.  In the case of bf2, anyone who has a HUGE global score is a loser, anyone in the top 100 ranks of bf2 players MUST be a loser with very little else going on in their lives. 

I have met more wankers that play bf2 than in any game i have ever played. so this topic, for me, is one of the stupidest ones i have ever read.  and who the fuck says a MMORPG has to have gold and goblins?

M assively
M ultiplayer
O nline
R ole
P laying
G ame

isnt BF2 perfectly defined by that?  So its a fps also... but it falls into EACH of the characteristics of a mmorpg.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6753|AZ
What was the point of this poll when everyone of common sense knows the answer? Are you just trying to grade the level of intellect in this community or something? Even so, what the fuck is the point of that...?
Giant_Squid500
+5|6679|U.S.A.

uber73 wrote:

M assively
M ultiplayer
O nline
R ole
P laying
G ame

No, BF2 IS NOT perfectly defined by MMORPG.  Its not a massive game, you only play with at the most 63 other people. Sure, the community as a whole may be large, but then if thats what you consider massive, then you mine as well call Gran Turismo 4 a massive game since lots of people play it.  Its only "massive" if its got 1000+ people playing at one time on the same server.  And its not so much a role playing either. You do not know the name of the guy you play, you don't know his back story.  So BF2 is most definetly not a MMORPG.

Anyways I would say the MMORPG players tend to be the loosers more likely than FPS players. MMORPG's don't take much skill at all.  Basically MMORPG's are a big contest to see who can spend the most time in front of their computer. I mean in any MMO, if you have a high level character, your basically telling everyone else that you have no life, and rarely leave the home.

Last edited by Giant_Squid500 (2006-03-14 08:55:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard