CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
Just sitting here in the office working and I hear someone whistling down the hall.  They sound so happy, just digging the music they are making...like they can just tell everyone wants to listen to their tune and be happy too. After all it is Monday right?   This is all good.  But, what they don't realize, they stink!  It doesn't sound good at all.  I can't even tell what the tune is supposed to be! 

What is with people who whistle?  You know that they know everyone can hear them.  Yet they continue.  It amazes me how some people are so tone-deaf they couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!  And that they don't realize this also amazes me.  I'm sure in their heads, it sounds just like the music they heard originally.  But in reality, it's nowhere close.  Granted, some people are very good and worth listening to.  But I'd be willing to bet that 98% of the rest, stink! 

I think one of those tear gas grenades from the BF2 Special Forces expansion pack sounds pretty good right now!
77th|1st Lt. Werstein
+1|6819|Virginia, USA
i like to whistle...pretty good at it if i do say so myself, but i do it so much my Mom gets pissed
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6856|"Frisco"

The worst is two people whistleing at the same time...that's truely aweful.
Doyley
+1|6816|Australia
I agree on that Chuy! People that have no harmonic coordination drive me insane.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6855|San Francisco

chuyskywalker wrote:

The worst is two people whistleing at the same time...that's truely aweful.
Pshaw! We both whistle along to music all the time... doesn't really bother me much. Are you trying to tell me something...
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
The first one's free.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6847|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
i can't whistle by blowing air out. in order to make any such noise, i have to suck the air in so my songs are short and sweet.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

well, no one whistles where I work. there are better ways to get on your co-workers nerves...
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
What do they do instead then Schuss?
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
a friend of mine once sent me an entire list of ways to piss off your coworkers. like if you work somewhere where there is an intercom, continuously page yourself over the loud speaker system. another way is to highlight one of your shoes bright yellow and walk around like that all day. another fun one is to put a kick-me sign on your back and have it signed by yourself.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6845

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

a friend of mine once sent me an entire list of ways to piss off your coworkers. like if you work somewhere where there is an intercom, continuously page yourself over the loud speaker system. another way is to highlight one of your shoes bright yellow and walk around like that all day. another fun one is to put a kick-me sign on your back and have it signed by yourself.
Tape yourself mindlessly talking about nothing and then play that tape while you are away from your desk for lunch break.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6838|USA! USA! USA!
Print out personal documents about sexually trasmitted diseases on a shared printer and leave it there.  Make sure it has someone else's name on it.

Wait until your co-worker leaves his email up and send a love letter to another coworker.  'Acidenty' bcc it to everyone in the office.
B.Schuss

CMDR_Dave wrote:

we pull each others pants down...
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
That would be sexual harrassment here in the States. 
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food

B.Schuss wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

we pull each others pants down...
very 3rd grade B.

i like it... classic
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6838|USA! USA! USA!
Depantsing.  Classic move.  I did it through my whole Army career at least once a week at PT.  Just had to find someone who hadn't tied their pants on.
B.Schuss

CMDR_Dave wrote:

That would be sexual harrassment here in the States. 
well, it depends....what if the blonde bombshell working the phones suddenly decides she needs to pull your pants down ?

I think I can live with that kind of sexual harassment...
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
Lol
Nehil
+3|6739|South Sweden (NOT SWITZERLAND)

Doyley wrote:

I agree on that Chuy! People that have no harmonic coordination drive me insane.
Yes, exacly! They don't deserve to whistle if they aren't pro's at it! Just like dumb people don't deserve to live, right?
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6763|NH - USA
I whistle on occasion but hate the following whistler's:

The "Nervous Whistler" - Tries to sound happy, but isn’t. Whistle is a dry, half-assed whistle with no apparent melody. Not much on volume, but will drive you nutty if you are close enough.

The "Bathroom Whistler" - Uses the echo in public or private restrooms for an acoustical punch. Has some melody and talent but the time and place is just wrong. Leave me alone when I try to poopie.

The "Tone Deaf" Whistler - Loud, random notes with no rhyme or reason.

The "ADHD Whistler" - Does the same song, same whistle, all the time, always.
LoaderX
+-1|6765|Tucson, Arizona
I can't hear people whistle at work most of the time..  Though now that I think about it, I do see a few people walking around with their lips puckered and they look like retards...
Fahrenheit
+0|6786
Im afraid id get sacked if i tried de-panting anyone where i work...im the only bloke!...have some great works night outs though......1 bloke 11 women..."they will think your either the luckiest man in the world or gay!"...."i'll put me pink shirt on then ...lol"....seriously when i worked in the shipyard i pissed peeps off by shouting abuse in Japanese, sawing half way through their paint brushes near the brush end so theyd snap when pressure was applied, painted the underneath part of the handle on their paint tins....or make animal noises over the internal intercom on the submarines to piss the navy lads off!!! ahhhh the effects of toxic paint and poor ventilation!!!
B.Schuss

It's only me and our 21-year-old blonde intern in the office today...maybe I can talk her into some bad whistling..
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
LOL... Schuss.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

Whistling, blowing. What's the difference eh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard