Poll

Should America mind its own business in world affairs??

yes64%64% - 34
no35%35% - 19
Total: 53
[anti]NorthBear
+0|6659|Malmoe, Sweden

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

Ignoring problems in other countries didn't help anyone in the run up to the second world war. Dangerous countries should be watched closely and/or dealt with. Turning a blind eye doesn't work and history has proved this. Perhaps Russia, China and other countries should join with us. And until the UN is strong enough to act in extreme circumstances, some countries will go it alone. USA, UK plus other modern freedom loving countries can't afford to fuck around in the nuclear age.
Thats just the problem, we must stand together! The world allready has a forum for that, it´s called UN.
When US is ignoring UN we are not united anymore. The UN wasen´t ignoring the situation in Iraq, they had been there more then ten years. The UN wasen´t ignoring the situation in Bosnia etc...
If US keep on ignoring the worldcommunity other countrys will follow, be sure of that.
"If US doesen´t listen to UN, why should we?"
Instead of being a good rolemodel on the global scene you (US&UK) are the ignorent child!!!

Last edited by [anti]NorthBear (2006-03-13 10:01:29)

Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6655|SoCal

[anti]NorthBear wrote:

True?

What are you? A first grader? Retarded?

Eric Blix told the world that he diden´t find any evedence of Nukes in Iraq, you idiots diden´t beleave him. Started a war and found shit!!!!  NO NUKES!!!! The only thing you found was geting yourselfs in assdeep of trouble and a loss of face on the global scene...
You are right.  We found nothing.  As I recall, we weren't looking just for nukes.....the weapons they were looking for were chemical in nature.  Sadam had used them in the past, was threatening to use them in the future, and it's still possible that the main components were sent to Syria......which was outside of (Hans) Blix jurisdiction.  But in my opinion, we should have found SOMETHING and we didn't.  So that's on us.

But you are still right.....we didn't find shit.

So, let me propose on getting it right this time when Iran needs to be dealt with.  How about the U.S. take the back seat on this one and let the U.N. solve the issues at hand.  Heck, tell you what.....let's pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan and let the U.N. make the attempt to assure a nuclear free zone in the Middle East.  Let them sanction Iran to the hilt.  Let Iran develop their nuclear weapons (errrr, ummmm Nuclear "Energy") and let the surrounding countries and Europe deal with Iran.  I'm sure you must feel safe being in the cozy confines of the Scandinavian climes.  Hope your neighbors in the South feel the same way. :rolleyes

I wouldn't mind if we skipped the next skirmish altogether and save $250B+ and let the UN pull her own weight for a change......oh, and I'll say a prayer for you guys also.
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6655|SoCal
Thats just the problem, we must stand together! The world allready has a forum for that, it´s called UN.
When US is ignoring UN we are not united anymore. The UN wasen´t ignoring the situation in Iraq, they had been there more then ten years. The UN wasen´t ignoring the situation in Bosnia etc...
If US keep on ignoring the worldcommunity other countrys will follow, be sure of that.
Instead of being a good rolemodel on the global scene you (US&UK) are the ignorent child!!!
And you hit the nail on the head........10+ years of sanctions, the scandal that was labeled the "Food for Oil" program, and Sadam's open defiance of the U.N., and you were lulled into complacency thinking that Iraq was straightening up.  The U.N. had it's 10+ year chance.  You probably would have been happy if that charade was gonna last another 10+ years.  Now that's what I call ignorance.

I just love Monday Morning Quarterbacking.
[anti]NorthBear
+0|6659|Malmoe, Sweden
LOL I know you are being sarcastic, but hell yes, take a seat with the rest of the world and help UN in Iran. When US pulled out its troops in bosnia UN had troops there. Heck we (Sweden) had troops in bosnia or still has, I´m not sure? UN-troops that is.

You should look at a map of europe, and when you do you will see that Iran is very fu*ing far from europe! Its only 150 metric miles between Sweden and Rom (Italy). Not like the USA...

Its not Sweden or the Skandinavian countrys who should worry!, Last time Sweden was in war was in the 1800 century. And you don´t have to say any prayer for us guys, God doesen´t live in Sweden you know, Santa does 

Ps. I know they searched for weapons of massdestrucsion, I thought it was cooler to scream NUKES!!!.ds

Last edited by [anti]NorthBear (2006-03-13 13:07:23)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

[anti]NorthBear wrote:

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

Ignoring problems in other countries didn't help anyone in the run up to the second world war. Dangerous countries should be watched closely and/or dealt with. Turning a blind eye doesn't work and history has proved this. Perhaps Russia, China and other countries should join with us. And until the UN is strong enough to act in extreme circumstances, some countries will go it alone. USA, UK plus other modern freedom loving countries can't afford to fuck around in the nuclear age.
I would agree with you whole heartedly IF the UN wasn't corrupt, with its members looking out for their own personal agendas.........and yes........I know.........the US govt. has its own corruption issues to deal with
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US
Here is how I feel many Americans think.  "The UN fails to act in any sort of timely manner, or, when it does, the US is the main force acting.  Ninety percent of the UN's power is the US."  While I know some will disagree, this is the sentiment I often hear.  It's great that the UN can make a multi-national peacekeeping force, but who makes up the majority of it? (US)  The UN is so full of agendas and long, drawn out processes that all I ever hear it succeeding in is humanitarian aid and health work.  I see the UN as politically stalemated, but a humanitarian success.

I like all this "what is meddling?" stuff.  This is why the post is so absolute.  Don't define "meddling" or "interfering."  Your choice is There or Not There.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-03-13 20:46:24)

KX500Racer
+4|6840
I guess I'm one of the few that voted NO.

Sorry but in today's world, what goes on outside the USA effects us more than ever before.  In centurys past, you could get by ignoring the outside, but not today.  Imperialism?  You bet!  It still goes on today.  Why do we go over to Iraq and implant our way of governing?  To keep stability in the area which in turn keeps our way of life going. 

If we don't get involved, do we leave it to the UN?  Won't even comment on that.

Don't get me wrong. I don't recommend we go into any country that doesn't agree with us with guns blazing.  But if there is any chance what they do effects OUR economy, or security in any way, then they better be ready to talk or defend.  Harsh?  Then let's just let them do what they want and walk all over us.
KX500Racer
+4|6840

[anti]NorthBear wrote:

Go home! Deal with your problems on your backyard, you have alot of them. Meddling??? If there is a profit USA is there sticking its nose in the shit. Meddling??? UN was meddling in Iraq, USA was bombing, USA don´t give a damn about meddling!!!
How many problems do we have?  I can only think of two.  Health care and schools.  I know you guys pay through the nose for health care right?  Profit?  Yeah but that's not the whole reason.  No profit or threat in Africa.  Your right about USA not giving a damn abotu meddling.  We deal with the problem not talk for years about it!
KX500Racer
+4|6840

Choumichel wrote:

Every country in the world should solve/mind their own problems at home first before spending billions on outside business, It is a shame that there are people starving to death homeless in your own country !!!

Nobody gives a damn about their own people anymore...
STARVING TO DEATH IN AMERICA?  Please come walk our inner city streets in LA and NY and find me a homeless person starving to death!!!  Do you understand homeless have places to eat for free?  I don't think any other country in the world does more for their homeless does than America.  I think that's pretty much a fact!
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6802|The planet Tophet
im glad we help out.... other countrys wont do the same for others, the US is like christians they help people in need no matter who....
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
I voted no
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

No. We (US) no longer have an isolationist economy.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-13 22:10:40)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA
I know I started this thread, but asked in the way of "absolutes" and cut out all the "what ifs".and all the emotional BS.....it seems to be a pretty interesting question to ponder...IS the US helping or hindering world progress??......hmmmmmm
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
i say its helping
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6630|England

Choumichel wrote:

Every country in the world should solve/mind their own problems at home first before spending billions on outside business, It is a shame that there are people starving to death homeless in your own country !!!

Nobody gives a damn about their own people anymore...
Im sure the OIL in Iraq is worth Billions. Isn't it ?
sfg-Ice__
+4|6649
Hmm well lets see.  Lets stop all the aid we give to other countries, lets stop enforcing international laws, lets close our borders completely. hmmm don't think that would help.
People love to say the US should stop doing what it does until the help stops or they are in trouble....then they scream at the US for help..
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US
Yes, the oil is worth billions of dollars.  The Iraqi people should be very thankfull that they have such a resource.  (i.e. the US does not get the profit)

I think that the world is too integrated to "mind our own business."  The US would be left in the dust (politically, economically, and militarily.) if we tried to revert to isolationism.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA
Here we go forcing ourselves on other nations and not minding our own business.........When will this "evil empire"known as the USA stop interfering in worlds affairs???

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/ … index.html

I would give anything if your EU wishes could come true. As a matter of fact..why don't you cut us a check to pay us back for the support we did give you in the past and we will call it even??

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-31 21:42:11)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

Marconius wrote:

Economically, we should stay moderately involved as long as it doesn't breach the next point.  Government and political ideal-wise, we need to keep that one at home.  Militarily, we must stay at home unless aid is requested.
What 'e said. Would be nice to see more Americans visiting Oz too.

For the record I am an Aussie...

-EDIT-

Also would like to mention I voted no. America is waaaaaaaaaaaay to powerful to go back to the isolation it lived in before WW1.

Last edited by Flecco (2006-04-01 00:47:08)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS

Flecco wrote:

Marconius wrote:

Economically, we should stay moderately involved as long as it doesn't breach the next point.  Government and political ideal-wise, we need to keep that one at home.  Militarily, we must stay at home unless aid is requested.
What 'e said. Would be nice to see more Americans visiting Oz too.

For the record I am an Aussie...
Oh. Where from?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
voltage
+46|6836|Sweden
Voted no. US is a doer while Europeans are mostly concerned with writing angry letters, telling how angry they are (remember Blix threat to the NK leader in Team America movie? Remember the result?).
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA
here is a piece from an article that I found and posted earlier concerning Iran and the latest quake.

taken from CNN.com

<quote> President Bush offered humanitarian aid Friday to the quake victims, while noting that relations between Iran and the United States are strained.

"I do want to offer my country's assistance to the people affected by the recent earthquakes in Iran," Bush told a news conference in Cancun, Mexico, where he was meeting with Canadian and Mexican leaders. "We, obviously, have our differences with the Iranian government, but we do care about the suffering of the Iranian people." <end quote>

Last edited by lowing (2006-04-01 05:42:04)

herrr_smity
+156|6624|space command ur anus

voltage wrote:

Voted no. US is a doer while Europeans are mostly concerned with writing angry letters, telling how angry they are (remember Blix threat to the NK leader in Team America movie? Remember the result?).
a puppet movie oooo and remeber the Blix were right

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard