Announcement

Poll

Should America mind its own business in world affairs??

yes64%64% - 34
no35%35% - 19
Total: 53
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA
I have been involved in verious discussions in this forum about current events. they all lead to one thing. The question of America and its roll in todays world.

So I started this poll to see how most of the diverse countries that are represented in this forum feel about us.

The only thing to think about before answering this poll is this......


yes = Get out and stay out.......we don't want you! we will take care of ourselves no matter what happens.

no = America plays a vital roll in the stability of the free world and I am comfortable with the knowledge that she is around to help over see it.

I am dealing with absolutes here.......do you want us involved or not?......not fair to accuse us of meddling, then bitch when we ignore cries for help.......


I will add I am not trying to pick a fight......I am just trying to cut down to the brass tacks of this question

OK so take your pick!!!...What do you want us to do??

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-12 09:26:11)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA
Hmmmmmmm 25 people view this post and not 1 vote........Could it be that when the power to choose what and when America can do for your country has been taken away she isn't so meddling after all?...Could it be the black and white negative comments about America stiff arming the rest of the world seems to have turned into lighter shade of gray?......just a thought............I really want to know how you guys think based on the outlined and simple criteria........Do we stay or do we go??...
[anti]NorthBear
Member
+0|5998|Malmoe, Sweden
Go home! Deal with your problems on your backyard, you have alot of them. Meddling??? If there is a profit USA is there sticking its nose in the shit. Meddling??? UN was meddling in Iraq, USA was bombing, USA don´t give a damn about meddling!!!
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6029|San Francisco
Economically, we should stay moderately involved as long as it doesn't breach the next point.  Government and political ideal-wise, we need to keep that one at home.  Militarily, we must stay at home unless aid is requested.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

Marconius wrote:

Economically, we should stay moderately involved as long as it doesn't breach the next point.  Government and political ideal-wise, we need to keep that one at home.  Militarily, we must stay at home unless aid is requested.
Sorry Marconius your comment falls outside the criteria...Although on paper i lean toward agreeing with you...

We are involved, or we become a neutral, helping nor hindering another country.....The reason this question is set up this way is because all I read are "absolute" type comments...Bush is a murderer, America is a terrorist nation, America needs to mind its own business!! Who is a greater terrorist Bush or Bin Laden?....

So I am curious as to who really wants what they are wishing for...Do you really want us to "mind our own business"  and let the worlds chips fall where they may?.......
[anti]NorthBear
Member
+0|5998|Malmoe, Sweden
"So I am curious as to who really wants what they are wishing for...Do you really want us to "mind our own business"  and let the worlds chips fall where they may?......."

Oh yes I really want you to mind your own business!

You guys in America has completly missed this thing called UN, strange because their HQ is in NY!
UN play the role in the world you are looking for. USA has ignored many of UN:s decision lately. This can´t be a good thing! USA in many ways has lost their face on the globalscene...
herrr_smity
Member
+156|5963|space command ur anus
yes yes yes
Chou
Member
+737|6126
Every country in the world should solve/mind their own problems at home first before spending billions on outside business, It is a shame that there are people starving to death homeless in your own country !!!

Nobody gives a damn about their own people anymore...
Ziggy_79x
Member
+4|6021
bait
herrr_smity
Member
+156|5963|space command ur anus
one thing catches my aye about your little vote and that is basically

yes = fuck you all Yankee bastards you all suck go back home and die
no= help us all you are the guardians of freedom and the path to a better world. we should all bow down to the USA

there are no middle ground in you vote only altimatums
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

herrr_smity wrote:

one thing catches my aye about your little vote and that is basically

yes = fuck you all Yankee bastards you all suck go back home and die
no= help us all you are the guardians of freedom and the path to a better world. we should all bow down to the USA

there are no middle ground in you vote only altimatums
...

no that is not what i said......

......the choices are simple....very simple........how do you want us .......neutral, minding our own business?..........or involved?  you can't have it both ways............I never said a thing about bowing down to anyone.......there is no middle ground in this question because I didn't want to allow any flip flopping........example...........mind your own business but be there if we need aid or military support.

you seem irratated that I left out the choice where you can burn our flags hold demenstrations against us then be first in line for whatever aid America has to offer......i am not looking for an arguement....simply put..do you want us around or should we pack up and defend our borders alone at let everyone else do the same?.........simple really......
herrr_smity
Member
+156|5963|space command ur anus
well yes
and i seem irritated because your patriotism seems to overshadow the entire vote
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

herrr_smity wrote:

well yes
and i seem irritated because your patriotism seems to overshadow the entire vote
really not my intention.........I am just  trying to keep it in bounds without allot of drifting.....I sencerely am curious as to where most of EU want America on the world stage........as a spectator? Or "meddling" .
sherlock4111
Member
+0|5956|Frankfurt, Germany

Marconius wrote:

Economically, we should stay moderately involved as long as it doesn't breach the next point.  Government and political ideal-wise, we need to keep that one at home.  Militarily, we must stay at home unless aid is requested.
I would follow this one since the Us involvement meant very different things in the past 40-50 years. Neither meddling, nor staying neutral.
herrr_smity
Member
+156|5963|space command ur anus

lowing wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

well yes
and i seem irritated because your patriotism seems to overshadow the entire vote
really not my intention.........I am just  trying to keep it in bounds without allot of drifting.....I sencerely am curious as to where most of EU want America on the world stage........as a spectator? Or "meddling" .
define meddling, meddling like in the past
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

herrr_smity wrote:

lowing wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

well yes
and i seem irritated because your patriotism seems to overshadow the entire vote
really not my intention.........I am just  trying to keep it in bounds without allot of drifting.....I sencerely am curious as to where most of EU want America on the world stage........as a spectator? Or "meddling" .
define meddling, meddling like in the past
herrr_smity........do you want us out of Europe or not?......America as a true neutral country or not?
herrr_smity
Member
+156|5963|space command ur anus
yes i want the US out of Europe.
meddling is more then having troops on the ground, if that is the ting you are taking about.
meddling like you meddled in south America in the 60`s and 70`s, ore in Iran at the same time period.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

herrr_smity wrote:

yes i want the US out of Europe.
meddling is more then having troops on the ground, if that is the ting you are taking about.
meddling like you meddled in south America in the 60`s and 70`s, ore in Iran at the same time period.
whewwwwwww.....like pulling teeth lol.........thanks for your input

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-13 05:40:45)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6010|Canberra, AUS
Prelim results are interesting.

71% say America should get the fuck out of there (wherever 'there' would be).

Meddling I would say is pulling strings, supporting paticular people who will help your cause, propping up leaders because you like them, removing people you don't like.

E.g. America trying to get rid of the DEMOCRATICALLY elected government in Cambodia. And setting up Pol Pot. Great work, Uncle Sam!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6015

[anti]NorthBear wrote:

"So I am curious as to who really wants what they are wishing for...Do you really want us to "mind our own business"  and let the worlds chips fall where they may?......."

Oh yes I really want you to mind your own business!

You guys in America has completly missed this thing called UN, strange because their HQ is in NY!
UN play the role in the world you are looking for. USA has ignored many of UN:s decision lately. This can´t be a good thing! USA in many ways has lost their face on the globalscene...
The UN is worthless . That's why we don't listen to them . So much money is laundered through the UN it isn't even funny . Notice how it takes the UN forever to decide on anything ? That's because there are so many backdoor deals going on that any decision made about just about anything costs people money in the end . Look at Coffe Annan's Son . Remeber him being under investigation for corruption ? What about all the deal of UN memebers having backdoor deals with Saddam about the oil for food program ?
I bet you my last dollar the UN isn't going to do shit about Iran . They aren't going to press anything foward . As usual they will just twiddle their thumbs and hope for the best , make paper thin sanctions and not press any issue .
herrr_smity
Member
+156|5963|space command ur anus

jonnykill wrote:

[anti]NorthBear wrote:

"So I am curious as to who really wants what they are wishing for...Do you really want us to "mind our own business"  and let the worlds chips fall where they may?......."

Oh yes I really want you to mind your own business!

You guys in America has completly missed this thing called UN, strange because their HQ is in NY!
UN play the role in the world you are looking for. USA has ignored many of UN:s decision lately. This can´t be a good thing! USA in many ways has lost their face on the globalscene...
The UN is worthless . That's why we don't listen to them . So much money is laundered through the UN it isn't even funny . Notice how it takes the UN forever to decide on anything ? That's because there are so many backdoor deals going on that any decision made about just about anything costs people money in the end . Look at Coffe Annan's Son . Remeber him being under investigation for corruption ? What about all the deal of UN memebers having backdoor deals with Saddam about the oil for food program ?
I bet you my last dollar the UN isn't going to do shit about Iran . They aren't going to press anything foward . As usual they will just twiddle their thumbs and hope for the best , make paper thin sanctions and not press any issue .
you are the definisjon of ignorance
lowing
Banned
+1,662|5987|USA

herrr_smity wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

[anti]NorthBear wrote:

"So I am curious as to who really wants what they are wishing for...Do you really want us to "mind our own business"  and let the worlds chips fall where they may?......."

Oh yes I really want you to mind your own business!

You guys in America has completly missed this thing called UN, strange because their HQ is in NY!
UN play the role in the world you are looking for. USA has ignored many of UN:s decision lately. This can´t be a good thing! USA in many ways has lost their face on the globalscene...
The UN is worthless . That's why we don't listen to them . So much money is laundered through the UN it isn't even funny . Notice how it takes the UN forever to decide on anything ? That's because there are so many backdoor deals going on that any decision made about just about anything costs people money in the end . Look at Coffe Annan's Son . Remeber him being under investigation for corruption ? What about all the deal of UN memebers having backdoor deals with Saddam about the oil for food program ?
I bet you my last dollar the UN isn't going to do shit about Iran . They aren't going to press anything foward . As usual they will just twiddle their thumbs and hope for the best , make paper thin sanctions and not press any issue .
you are the definisjon of ignorance
uhhhhhh all the examples he gave are true
herrr_smity
Member
+156|5963|space command ur anus
examples???????
[anti]NorthBear
Member
+0|5998|Malmoe, Sweden
True?

What are you? A first grader? Retarded?

Eric Blix told the world that he diden´t find any evedence of Nukes in Iraq, you idiots diden´t beleave him. Started a war and found shit!!!!  NO NUKES!!!! The only thing you found was geting yourselfs in assdeep of trouble and a loss of face on the global scene...
General_CoLin_Tassi
Member
+-2|6036|England, UK
Ignoring problems in other countries didn't help anyone in the run up to the second world war. Dangerous countries should be watched closely and/or dealt with. Turning a blind eye doesn't work and history has proved this. Perhaps Russia, China and other countries should join with us. And until the UN is strong enough to act in extreme circumstances, some countries will go it alone. USA, UK plus other modern freedom loving countries can't afford to fuck around in the nuclear age.

Last edited by General_CoLin_Tassi (2006-03-13 09:45:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard