Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo
+5|6623|UK
I have every badge except the basic explosive ordinate badge.  Like most people playing the game and going after a particular badge I have come so close to getting it so many times.  However I was playing on Kubra Dam yesterday and got not only 13 kills which is the required amount of kills to attain the badge but 14 kills all with mines.  I was well gutted and this type of thing has happened to me before when I was going for my special opps veteran badge same thing happened, had put me 15hrs in got me 20 kills and nothing. 

Anyone else ever had this problem, and what tactics would you recommend to get this badge.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6645|Cumberland, MD, USA
I had to get my Engineer Combat badge not once, not twice, but 3 times. Frustrating, so I know how you are feeling now.

I haven't earned the Explosives badge yet, but when I feel it's the right time for me I'll probably use C4 on either karkand or Warlord (Special Forces). If you set it, they will come. Wait.
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6662|Ontario, Canada
Until December, I got all my badges by accident. Never knew what I needed to achieve the medals until I found this site! Awesome site.
Ive been trying for my VETERAN explosives...now THAT one is tough!
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6705
You see you guys are looking at it the wrong way the Badges are easy to get in the right server its just finding the right server thats the hard part lol but i want my Vet Explosives and Vet Repair so i have to work on them soon as well
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.
Well, i would go into other servers and maps to get badges. But, my graphics card isn't supported by BF2 so i can only play sharqi peninsual and strike at karkand wihtout my pc screwing up after 2 minutes.
Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo
+5|6623|UK
lol thats crazy m8 never heard of that 1 before, but on a brighter side they are both good maps
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6797|Barrington, RI
I earned Expert Explosives and it gave it to me in game but it never showed up in my stats.  the tactics i used were putting claymores in places where the enemy was bound to run into them, and putting C4 on unsuspecting tanks and APC's, and droping c4 around corners onto  groups of infantry that weren't paying attention
Inquatitis
+1|6640

Digital Aura wrote:

Until December, I got all my badges by accident. Never knew what I needed to achieve the medals until I found this site! Awesome site.
Ive been trying for my VETERAN explosives...now THAT one is tough!
not really, go sniper and drop claymores to spawn areas or frequented passageways.
took me two tries to get that one and almost get the expert too within the same round.
Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo
+5|6623|UK
this so sucks their must be a bug in the new patch or something just been on karkland went round on a frenzy planting clymores.  didnt use me new L96A1 once got 18 KILLS WITH CLAYMORE and no badge whats going on.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6650|South Korea.
https://www.back-to-iraq.com/archives/Files/carbomb.jpg
asbad
+19|6722|Ireland
Ya im stuck on getting the Vet explosives badge.

I was sure i got it, During 1.20 i Tried out claymore spamming and it was working quite well, I must have got at least 25+ kills with the claymores and yet i didnt recieve it
Keep trying i guess...
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6724|Toronto, ON, CAN
claymores on Karkand, or c4 vodnik on Sharqi is how I see it done the most often.

I am trying to earn the Vet Explosives using mines only... it isn't easy, but it is worth the bragging rights in my mind.
Close yesterday... as I mined all the vehicles at the clubhouse, and the same guy kept trying vehicles. Blow up, and try another one... I stopped because I figured someone would have felt it was stat padding intentionally.
I was just taking advantage of a really stupid person. (Kept spawning as a support too, I think he was trying to give me ammo! )
Wild1234
+1|6687
I got mine by a little luck and sitting on top of the roof of the suburb as a spec ops. Got about 7 c4 kills in 30 seconds, lol
taffy1979
+7|6618|u.k
karkand is without a doubt the easiest map to get explosives badge, just recently after much frustration i managed to get expert on karkand. The best tactic is, at the start of the map go mec and get yourself to the court yards near the us spawn point on the left of the map lay detonate and enjoy
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6660|Sydney, Australia

asbad wrote:

Ya im stuck on getting the Vet explosives badge.

I was sure i got it, During 1.20 i Tried out claymore spamming and it was working quite well, I must have got at least 25+ kills with the claymores and yet i didnt recieve it
Keep trying i guess...
sure you meet the global requirements for that one? I got my veteran yesterday through claymores on karkand. put em near the US spawn point, round the corner, in that hole everyone runs through.... then when they cap a base... put em at the spawn points. cheap i know, but its so hard now that you cant chuck c4 or have more than 2 claymores.
Scorpian65
+14|6739

Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo wrote:

this so sucks their must be a bug in the new patch or something just been on karkland went round on a frenzy planting clymores.  didnt use me new L96A1 once got 18 KILLS WITH CLAYMORE and no badge whats going on.
One thing to remember, you must get the "Claymore" kill for it to count. If you died and later someone trips your claymore before it goes away it will say you[killed]someone, this doesnt count towards your total. Also if you get someone with a claymore while you are in a vehicle it doesnt count, instead you get the vehicle kill for example:

You are in:

Tank= you[M1A1]someone
Tow= you[HJ-8]someone
Vodnik= you[Vodnik]someone
ect.
ect.
ect.

It must say you[Claymore]someone, I finally got Expect Explosives about two weeks ago with claymores, I had 5 rounds before getting it that I had well over 40 kills but some of the kills were due to the above and I didnt get the award. All rounds on the same server BTW.
NoS
karma padder
+13|6628|UK

I have every badge except the basic explosive ordinate badge.  Like most people playing the game and going after a particular badge I have come so close to getting it so many times.  However I was playing on Kubra Dam yesterday and got not only 13 kills which is the required amount of kills to attain the badge but 14 kills all with mines.  I was well gutted and this type of thing has happened to me before when I was going for my special opps veteran badge same thing happened, had put me 15hrs in got me 20 kills and nothing. 

Anyone else ever had this problem, and what tactics would you recommend to get this badge.
perhaps some of the kills were not infact [AT Mine] kills, it happens alot if your mine doesn't destroy a vehicle, but just sets it on fire. then the explosion from the fire kills them and you either get [Killed] or the name of the vehicle as the weapon.
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6724|Toronto, ON, CAN

taffy1979 wrote:

karkand is without a doubt the easiest map to get explosives badge...
Agreed... Second would be Warlord in SF. Those ATV's just keep flying after you jump off...
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6713
pfff basic badge

i had to kill 40+ people with c4 for my expert

and i had to do it freaking 4 times

do you know how frustrating it gets? killing 45 people with c4 and not getting expert
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
Heh, don't mean to make it worse for you guys but i got my expert C4 badge on my first attempt

*cough*Warlord+C4+atv+32players+longround*cough*
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6724|Toronto, ON, CAN
I only have the basic, but enough points to go for the 37 iar to get the expert... just need to modivate myself for it. I was very happy to get my Expert Engineer, so I am on a mission to get this award by Engineer class only.

Great Wall seems to be the early pick of the new maps for this purpose.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6674|Australia
I dont even have my basic ordinance 
JimKong
+31|6643|Ohio
Could be the server. I've had ones that only registered a portion of my kills on the end of game scoreboard or none at all on BFHQ.

I got the basic by 'more'whoring on Sharqi after I got wind 1.21 was gonna nerf claymores. It was pretty sweet. I was in a panic calling for ammo and the clock was winding down. Like usual, the support guys never dropped their kit. I got the last two kills of the game and the last two I needed for my badge.

Last edited by JimKong (2006-03-17 02:42:07)

Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo
+5|6623|UK

Scorpian65 wrote:

One thing to remember, you must get the "Claymore" kill for it to count. If you died and later someone trips your claymore before it goes away it will say you[killed]someone, this doesnt count towards your total. Also if you get someone with a claymore while you are in a vehicle it doesnt count, instead you get the vehicle kill for example:

You are in:

Tank= you[M1A1]someone
Tow= you[HJ-8]someone
Vodnik= you[Vodnik]someone
ect.
ect.
ect.

It must say you[Claymore]someone, I finally got Expect Explosives about two weeks ago with claymores, I had 5 rounds before getting it that I had well over 40 kills but some of the kills were due to the above and I didnt get the award. All rounds on the same server BTW.
thanks that might make alot more sence now because i did get loads of kills with claymore but i got some of then after i died and came back.  This info has calmed my fustration some as i know i've got well over 13 kills but not always when i've been alive. 

Thanks alot for that m8ty

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard