Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6761

as i found no help in the other thread, I guess it's better to start a new one and keep the topic on.

I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, crappy card, yes I know, but it worked fine with BF2. When patch 1.2 came out, like many other low-end users, it failed on us. Black screen for a bit, then crashes and is gone. So I survived 22 days without BF2, and then 1.21 came out and I heard all the news about old video cards working again. Installed it, and what do you know, bam it crashes.

I had catalyst drivers when I played BF2, when it failed on 1.2, I converted to Omega but I don't tihnk that would be a problem...

so... any help on how to fix it?
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
try a fresh install, its a pain but sometimes its the only answer.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6717|Las Vegas

Coolbeano wrote:

as i found no help in the other thread, I guess it's better to start a new one and keep the topic on.

I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, crappy card, yes I know, but it worked fine with BF2. When patch 1.2 came out, like many other low-end users, it failed on us. Black screen for a bit, then crashes and is gone. So I survived 22 days without BF2, and then 1.21 came out and I heard all the news about old video cards working again. Installed it, and what do you know, bam it crashes.

I had catalyst drivers when I played BF2, when it failed on 1.2, I converted to Omega but I don't tihnk that would be a problem...

so... any help on how to fix it?
Seriously doubt it is the Omega drivers at fault as he mainly tweaks settings, rarely the files themselves.  Have you tried the new 6.3 Catalyst that was just released a few days ago?  Always a chance that ATI have addressed some issues in the latest release...

What ATI driver version were you using?
dubbs
+105|6630|Lexington, KY
Why does everyone act like its ATI's fault that EA changed their code and now half of the Radeon cards do not work???  That is like me saying, I crashed my car because the passanger was asleep.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6717|Las Vegas
nobody here is saying it's ATI's fault.....relax.
Coolbeano
+378|6761

didn't reinstall, i removed the Omega drivers went back to catalyst...

badabing badaboom.

THANK GOD. 26 days of no BF2 have come to an end. Lack of multiplayer however still goes on....
Doc*BK*
+1|6709|sacramento, ca
Yea my laptop with the X600 is doing the same thing have updated to 6.3 Catalyst tho no change yet.
Im gona try a fresh reinstall i guess ill be back if that dont work.
PS. why cant DICE fix usefull things first in their patch, like getting peoples games to work. I mean i have a card that BF2 "supposedly" supports. I dont really understand.
dubbs
+105|6630|Lexington, KY

ShotYourSix wrote:

nobody here is saying it's ATI's fault.....relax.
Sorry if I sounded tense,  I just get tired of everyone blaming it on ATI, and saying it is ATI's fault, when EA changed their code. 

BTW: I have both NVdia and ATI, so I am not a fan boy of ATI, just stating the facts.
DSRTurtle
+56|6684
try this.  fresh install using catalyst 6.3 and set the settings to low.  I have a 9600 XT and haven't had any video issues in multiplayer after that.  I still have some issues in single player, but I can live with them as the 1.21 patch fixed the issues I had in multiplayer.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-03-16 20:19:14)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia
My screen goes black and flickers SOMETIMES (well its happened once, and that was yesterday), but my game doesnt actually crash, and it just goes back to normal after about a minutes

Iv got a x800gt
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6835|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Coolbeano wrote:

badabing badaboom.

THANK GOD. 26 days of no BF2 have come to an end. Lack of multiplayer however still goes on....
There is an unistaller on the Catalyst 6.3 download page, have you tried that and then install the 6.3? They actually recommend you uninstall previous versions with it prior to installing the new Catalyst driver. If you did..ah well.. then this is no help sorry mate
Coolbeano
+378|6761

mikeshw wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

badabing badaboom.

There is an unistaller on the Catalyst 6.3 download page, have you tried that and then install the 6.3? They actually recommend you uninstall previous versions with it prior to installing the new Catalyst driver. If you did..ah well.. then this is no help sorry mate
meaning.. PROBLEM SOLVED. *smack*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard