Yes, it's somewhat screwed up21%21% - 56
Kind of/Sort of16%16% - 44
No, not really18%18% - 48
No, it's not at all, and I'm a PKM whore15%15% - 41
Total: 260
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
Hey, I couldn't find any other posts regarding the PKMs accuracy and power, but pls don't flame me!!

I'd just like to know the publics view about the PKM.  I think it is very screwed up, after 1.2.  It's power (damage done) is the same as in 1.12, I believe, but after 1.2 it's become sort of an M95 with full-auto and a 100 round magazine. 

Almost any noob with 1 hour of gameplay and an unlocked PKM can totally own everyone..

Yes, I know they're not unstoppable, but I'd still like to know what most of you think.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
lmao, I screwed up the name/topic thing
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.

Spearhead wrote:

Hey, I couldn't find any other posts regarding the PKMs accuracy and power, but pls don't flame me!!
i swear i've already seen atleast 15 topics about this... but maybe thats just me.

anyways, i kinda like how the PKM is now. i rarely ever play support but i am on the recieving end of the bullets, and it can get annoying. thats why you just gotta be able to aim faster now.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Ya, I meant a poll on the PKM.  I know there were other topics
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6630|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
What's with all the tears about the PKM. If you're going to lower yourself to the level of posting a thread on a public forum crying about it, why not just unlock the damn thing and use it. "It's not my playstyle", "Only noobs use the PKM!" are both invalid points becuase theres a certain skill in life and battlefield called adaption.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
Im not a pkm whore yet but when that kit comes around I'm sure I'll love it , with the limited experiance I have with it seems just fine. https://www.robline.com/images/pkm-shoulder.jpg
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

junkpi1e wrote:

What's with all the tears about the PKM. If you're going to lower yourself to the level of posting a thread on a public forum crying about it, why not just unlock the damn thing and use it. "It's not my playstyle", "Only noobs use the PKM!" are both invalid points becuase theres a certain skill in life and battlefield called adaption.
So you're saying that pretty much the PKM is the best, so everyone should use it and not argue about it?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
1 shot kill from 50m on full health? Hmmm.....
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Umibozu_IT
+15|6649|Italy
yes it is absolutely overpowered. a support gun should not be used to hunt down snipers far away. and that's what the pkm is used for since patch 1.2. damage is ok, but accuracy definetively needs to be tuned down.
ghostlink
+0|6620
I can say that i am not a big fan of getting shot by the pkm since it does kill fast and isn't hard to just pick it up and own people.  It kinda makes the game easy for some people as it makes the game a living hell for the person on the receiving end of it's distruction.  In the end i think this gun takes away from the game since it tends to make the game easyer for the pkm users instead of a challenge.
killaer
+41|6719
Yes, it is too acurate. This isn't an assault rifle, I don't think that just because you shoot 1 bullet at a time it should be super acurate.
The big clip is an enormous advantage.
You should never, unless by extreme luck score headshots with it on snipers.
Silver18
+10|6627
No, it's not at all, and I'm a PKM whore
uk.solidsnake
+3|6709|England, UK

junkpi1e wrote:

Hi, I'd like you to meet my friend balance, he is a critical part of many online multiplayer games. He also cannot be found in BF2 due to weapons like the PKM.

The "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality is retarded, noone should be forced to adapt and use one kit just because the developers fucked up, each kit is supposed to provide specific, balanced benefits. I guess they went a little too far with support. Unlocking the PKM grants you a fully automatic sniper rifle with unlimited rounds and grenades. This isn't Rambo the video game.

PKM > All.
belikeron
+-1|6634
I think it should have some pretty big accuracy penalties while standing and croching, but in prone with ANY gun you first bullet should go exactly where you aim it. Now the second and third and so on should get more inaccurate if you hold it down.

Yet if you single shot the PKM prone each bullet should go right where you put it.
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6740|San Diego
Its really accurate and powerful.  the support kit is now the "assault"  kit.

You can outsnipe snipers with the PKM,  and even if you got the "jump"  on a support player and strafe them while they are prone,  for example with a G36C you will get killed in most of the duels.  Because not only do they have the PKM support has armor.

Theres really no reason to play as sniper or assault as the PKM has completely replaced the sniper rifles and assualt rifles in accuracy especially if you have a good video card,  you can snipe people from a very far distance.  The gernade launcher is now a joke,  and with the nerfed gl why play assault?  You got unlimited gernades with the ammo packs.  I find that using the PKM is godlike,  I could get so many head shots,  and that is even standing up.

I really wish the PKM could have decreased in accuracy, but between pre 1.2 and 1.21.

I used to play support as in the machine gunners guide,  but now that the PKM is way too overpowered.  I use it to play support / assault,  cause if you cant beat them....join them.
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6622|the side hatch
it's been made too accurate but the biggest problem is the speed at which it can become fireable when one is leaping to prone as well as how fast it can be deployed when one is standing up from being prone, seems to take less time than other classes of guns when i think it should not only take as long but in fact longer to deploy a pkm compared to the assault rifles

i'm a G3 guy and a fair shot and i rarely lose in a one to one shootout in a street or alley but lately pkms have been able to beat me not only in firepower but in accuracy and deployment...i can deal with losing the firepower battle even with the hardnosed G3 but when we both hit the ground it should not be taking me LONGER than a pkm to start to fire and then i am trying to squeeze off my 2 or 3 round bursts needed for G3 accuracy at even middle ranges it seems like he can fire 10-20 rounds into my face with relatively very little deviation...and after all that pkm guy get belts and belts of ammo and points for resupplying others
PunkX
stoned
+198|6625|Canada
use the search you homo.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6686|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
i just got the pkm as my first unlock i have used it once since and i love the gun i do have an impression that it has an advantage but if you got a pkm whore thats sniping respawn as a sniper with the l96 and get in some bushs and kill the bloody fucker
Wild1234
+1|6687

strangelove wrote:

seems to take less time than other classes of guns when i think it should not only take as long but in fact longer to deploy a pkm compared to the assault rifles
I would argue against that point, I like the PKM, and I've had many times when I see somebody, try to prone, and nearly yell at my screen because the thing wont start shooting till after the other guy is prone, shooting, and I'm dead:P

I voted that its "somewhat screwed up." I think it should be toned down a bit, but I dont want it nerfed to the point where I'm getting 1/2 K/D ratios every game just because I like the support class. It isnt the all powerful weapon some people think, you have to know what your doing and any other class can still kill you if they know what they are doing. Yes, you can tear snipers and other classes apart at long ranges, but try it against a good sniper who acually knows what he is doing and your dead same as before. Meh, problem was people diddnt bother to learn how to use support in 1.12 and instead just complained that it was a useless class. Every class has their role and support did well enough when you knew how to play. Funny thing though, I still dont see that many other support players on the servers that I join (like 3 or 4 others on my team compaired to 0-2 like it was in 1.12). Makes me think that some people are overplaying how popular the class has became.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6674|A sunburnt country
Most of the threads I have read detailing the PKM pwning snipers mention short distances (Spark mentioned 50 metres!!, no offence dude). 

If you can't kill someone within 100 metres with a fully automatic machine gun...............go play Solitaire!!

No one has outsniped me (with a PKM anyway) on any of the maps without fog (i.e longer distances).  Sure I have been hit every now and then on Karkand but never in a "sniper" duel, it's usually when I am moving to a new position.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

use the search you homo.
Read what I said above, you homo.  I could not find any other "polls" on the PKM, and I wanted to know what the MAJORITY here at ubar thinks.

And to elaborate.... I am talking specifically about the PKM, not the support in general.  Over all, the accuracy and power of the other support guns (such as the M249), IMO, have been imporved for the better.  I like playing with the M249, especially after the 1.2 patch.  But, it still isn't anyway near as accurate and certainly not as powerful as the PKM.  I believe the PKM should be toned down, accuracy-wise.  If you read in BFHQ, the PKM is acutally supposed to be the least accurate of the support weapons.  I didn't like the accuracy before, but I liked it more than it's accuracy now.  WAAAAYYY too accurate, even if it's accurate in real life.  Assault rifles and Sniper rifles should always have more accuracy than the LMG's, except maybe in the prone position.  The reason I say this is that I can snipe moving targets while standing from 70 m with the PKM, and that is just crazy.  I always enjoy playing with the M16, and I'm good with it, but I've got to admit that due to its sights and recoil, that is a very long distance to kill a moving enemy with full health.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-03-14 18:35:57)

PunkX
stoned
+198|6625|Canada

Spearhead wrote:

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

use the search you homo.
Read what I said above, you homo.  I could not find any other "polls" on the PKM, and I wanted to know what the MAJORITY here at ubar thinks.

And to elaborate.... I am talking specifically about the PKM, not the support in general.  Over all, the accuracy and power of the other support guns (such as the M249), IMO, have been imporved for the better.  I like playing with the M249, especially after the 1.2 patch.  But, it still isn't anyway near as accurate and certainly not as powerful as the PKM.  I believe the PKM should be toned down, accuracy-wise.  If you read in BFHQ, the PKM is acutally supposed to be the least accurate of the support weapons.  I didn't like the accuracy before, but I liked it more than it's accuracy now.  WAAAAYYY too accurate, even if it's accurate in real life.  Assault rifles and Sniper rifles should always have more accuracy than the LMG's, except maybe in the prone position.  The reason I say this is that I can snipe moving targets while standing from 70 m with the PKM, and that is just crazy.  I always enjoy playing with the M16, and I'm good with it, but I've got to admit that due to its sights and recoil, that is a very long distance to kill a moving enemy with full health.
Im pretty sure there is  apoll about it a 'like it or lump it' thing. if not,, sorry. but dont be a fag.
Sa¢ripan
+12|6741|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France
no doubt it is
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6838|Finland
Yea its overpowered. In clan matches its like the only weapon youre gonna face if you are allowed to use unlocks. Good its not that often...
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6637|Prolly on wake.

Spark wrote:

1 shot kill from 50m on full health? Hmmm.....
Headshot???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.....?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard