lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA
I found this in response to a post in another thread........I thought it was funny enough to share. Since there is no shortage of America bashing in here, I am gunna do a little poking myself......lol enjoy

COMPLETE MILITARY HISTORY OF FRANCE

Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when NOT led by a Frenchman."

Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars -- when fighting Italians.

Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots.

Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flower pots as chapeaux.

The Dutch War - Tied.

War of the Augsburg League / King William's War / French and Indian War -Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved ever since.

American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu.

Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

War Against Greenpeace - Lost. 1985, the Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior  prepares to sail for Moruroa Atoll for a major campaign against French nuclear testing. Agents of the DGSE [secret service] bomb and sink the ship in Auckland Harbor. I tree-hugger sans tree drowns. Six weeks later agents Prieur and Mafart  plead guilty to charges of manslaughter and willful damage. They get sentences of 10 years and 7 years.  French Prime Minister Fabius admits to state terrorism on TV.

War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in
a McDonald's.

...., French History, ....
herrr_smity
+156|6650|space command ur anus
lol
sheggalism
+16|6764|France
not even funny at all....cause you've just pick up some false informations from a "anti-french" site created in order to "punish" France for not sending troop in Iraq, for not supporting US and its allies in "war" against terrorism, and for daring opposite the "ruler" of the world. So :
https://armchairgeneralist.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/big_cup_of_shut_the_fuck_up.jpg

You want me to answer with stupid stuff too ? so "ha ha American soldiers kill each other, they're the best teamkillers of all the time", "they bomb their own troops, they're trigger-happy, they're coolless, if they see a human shade, stunned by fear or by a total lack of self-control, they empty their magazines on it and kill a teamate". That kind of stuff is really stupid and I don't agree with the things written above cause I never judge people at first glance and by basing my thoughts with stereotypes.

You guys might want to remember that the French under Napoleon are still the only army ever to have taken all of continental Europe, from Moscow to Madrid. I could keep listing French victories till I had a book. In fact, it's not a bad idea. A nice big hardback, so you could take it to the assholes running all the anti-French-military sites and bash their heads in with it.
Read this too : http://www.exile.ru/2003-October-02/war_nerd.html
sheggalism
+16|6764|France
I forgot something too : wtf are you judging the quality of a country's History by its military victories ? War, war,war, that doesn't make a nation, you know ? We have one of the BEST History ever and we are proud of it. Unlike USA, created 300 years ago (..cough...cough and you call that an history, culture wise), we don't have so much blood on our hands, and yet we date from the V century Before the Christ. YOU kill many more people than us and set and took part in much more wars than any other country. But we are grateful cause you won against the nazi scum and you make USSR fall, but I doubt you'll win against Muslims soon.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

sheggalism wrote:

I forgot something too : wtf are you judging the quality of a country's History by its military victories ? War, war,war, that doesn't make a nation, you know ? We have one of the BEST History ever and we are proud of it. Unlike USA, created 300 years ago (..cough...cough and you call that an history, culture wise), we don't have so much blood on our hands, and yet we date from the V century Before the Christ. YOU kill many more people than us and set and took part in much more wars than any other country. But we are grateful cause you won against the nazi scum and you make USSR fall, but I doubt you'll win against Muslims soon.
LOL grateful??...................ya you sound grateful.........there are at least 2 wars I wish we would have stayed out of.......and both of those involved you surrendering your country to Germany lol........enjoy your freedom, baught and paid for by America, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Soviet Union etc........

This thread was started as light hearted humor.......I didn't think anyone would mind since bashing America on this forums seems to be the favorite past time...........

The fact that France, (after having the world secure its freedom for her twice) stabbed its allies in the back has nothing to do with this thread....

their was no shortage of Frenchmen wanting violence to rid her of Germanies Third Reich but, since that is taken care of, you want to denounce all violence to secure freedom for anyone else.......not to mention, you now don't want to be involved at all............Wish we knew that 60 years ago pal......I would love to be able to call you German.
Gen. Payne
+50|6729|USA
Whoa people, don't turn this into another country-bashing section.
France does have some military victories under its belt. All your information seems to be your opinion from incomplete facts. The French Revolution, also, was not a war. Also, the American revolution would've failed miserably without the aide of the French navy. Same with WWII. We would've lost many more troops on D-day and in other operations without the aide of the French resistance.

French war in Indochina-Loss?  Don't forget about what happened to us in vietnam.

Can't we all just get along?
herrr_smity
why don't you quit dissing the french what ever have they don to you.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6712|Tampa Bay Florida
You're wrong man.  look at sheggalism, he probably knows more shit about the M16 than you do.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Spearhead wrote:

You're wrong man.  look at sheggalism, he probably knows more shit about the M16 than you do.
ok now I am lost......who mentioned the M16?? lol
herrr_smity
and by the way the war in Iraq wasn't about the freedom of the iraqi is was a hunt for these weapons of mass destruction that disappeared into thin air.

so deciding not to go to war on false intelligens was stabbing THE GRATE GARDION OF FREEDOM in the back.

The fact that France, (after having the world secure its freedom for her twice) stabbed its allies in the back has nothing to do with this thread....

bush says jump you say how high
herrr_smity
M16 ?????????
Dynasty(KIP)
+1|6680
If people could just laugh once in awhile this world would be a much better place to live in. It's not hard to see that this was just a bit of humor (maybe could have been put in a better section tho). Shoot...I'm a Republican and as American as they come, and even I can laugh at my country and Pres. Bush. I mean, shoot if you can't laugh at him, there is something wrong...I mean the man looks like a monkey for crying out loud!
Seems to me that the problems of this world stem from the inability to laugh at yourself. I thought this post was funny....and I find many anti-American posts humorous. Not like any of this was a personal attack on anybody. I guess just live and let live.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

herrr_smity wrote:

and by the way the war in Iraq wasn't about the freedom of the iraqi is was a hunt for these weapons of mass destruction that disappeared into thin air.

so deciding not to go to war on false intelligens was stabbing THE GRATE GARDION OF FREEDOM in the back.

bush says jump you say how high
the france comments that I made was a response to the other guys post.....that is all.

you are also correct that this thread is not for bush bashing so I will refrain from commenting on your post regarding it.

I thought this was funny that is all.......If everyone can laugh at America and Bush than you can certainly laugh at this.....enjoy cuz i MOST CERTAINLY did.......

so back on track we go
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6697|Canberra, AUS
I laughed. I know its completely wrong, but I have a sense of humour...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Gen. Payne
+50|6729|USA
I have a sense of humor too and I can laugh at my country, but you're basically insulting him and his country calling them weak. You wouldn't take that sitting down, would you?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6697|Canberra, AUS
Hmmm....

I wrote:

I know its completely wrong,
Read more carefully next time, would you?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6870|San Francisco

Everyone needs to calm down a notch or two.

This was clearly written as satire and should be taken as such. If you plan on taking offence to the things that are in this thread then do the right thing and do not take part. Starting a flame war will not get you anywhere.

Chill out and learn to laugh.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738
holland = best underground resistance in ww2. germans = best cleaners, didnt just let us troops clean the streets after a barrage.

france makes some good jets, but the problem with the french military is that they sell their weapons to the highest bidders
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Gen. Payne wrote:

I have a sense of humor too and I can laugh at my country, but you're basically insulting him and his country calling them weak. You wouldn't take that sitting down, would you?
I am not insulting anyone or calling anyone weak......It was funny so I posted it for all to laugh at. It is satire nothing more..........

But since you are accusing me of it........I will say this............france has openly stated recently, that terrorism had better not find its way to their country, for if it does, France will do what ever it takes to punish all involved.....including the use of nuclear warfare.....

I quote from an article form the the BBC news

France 'would use nuclear arms'

"Chirac warned of new threats in a post-Cold War world
French President Jacques Chirac has said France would be ready to use nuclear weapons against any state which launched a terrorist attack against it.
Speaking at a nuclear submarine base in north-western France, Mr Chirac said a French response "could be conventional. It could also be of another nature."

He said France's nuclear forces had been configured for such an event.

France has had an independent nuclear deterrent since 1960, after an arms programme ordered by Charles de Gaulle"..end quote.

Now........If France, this beacon of pacifism, is willing to use nukes to protect ITSELF, why won't they join us and prevent terrorism from escalating to that level?...It is clear they think the threat is serious enough.....But as history has shown France does not want to get involved unless it is affected, then they are loud and clear that the world should run to her aid.......Sorry if you think this is an insult............but it is a fact.

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-12 00:02:39)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738

lowing wrote:

Gen. Payne wrote:

I am not insulting anyone or calling anyone weak......It was funny so I posted it for all to laugh at. It is satire nothing more..........

But since you are accusing me of it........I will say this............france has openly stated recently, that terrorism had better not find its way to their country, for if it does, France will do what ever it takes to punish all involved.....including the use of nuclear warfare.....

I quote from an article form the the BBC news

French President Jacques Chirac has said France would be ready to use nuclear weapons against any state which launched a terrorist attack against it.
Speaking at a nuclear submarine base in north-western France, Mr Chirac said a French response "could be conventional. It could also be of another nature."

France has had an independent nuclear deterrent since 1960, after an arms programme ordered by Charles de Gaulle"..end quote.

Now........If France, this beacon of pacifism, is willing to use nukes to protect ITSELF, why won't they join us and prevent terrorism from escalating to that level?...It is clear they think the threat is serious enough.....But as history has shown France does not want to get involved unless it is affected, then they are loud and clear that the world should run to her aid.......Sorry if you think this is an insult............but it is a fact.
pwned. france doesnt want to get involved w/ anything... same goes for the UN, UN forces pulled out of iraq when 27 UN officials got killed by a suicide bomber, why the hell did they send officials there when they could talk about iraq w/ the iraqi ppl some place else... UN couldve gave them a free ride.

France was really stupid for selling out joan of arc to the english
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
sheggalism
+16|6764|France

lowing wrote:

Chirac is a jerk and a liar : one thing to remember : NEVER believe what he has said or what he'll say, he has no word. France got nukes cause De Gaulle wanted to prove that we were part of WWII winners and of UN permanent concil, and that we master nuke technology too. Unlike you surely think, I have a sense of humour, but I've read so much things which laugh at "french military victories", and I'm a bit tired about it.
BVC
+325|6717

herrr_smity wrote:

Comitted an act of state terrorism in my country.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

Pubic wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Comitted an act of state terrorism in my country.
Please explain......I am curious
Legend888
+0|6761
The original post was worth a few laughs. I'm guessing it wasn't meant to be an accurate and detailed chronical of Frances' Military history. I've got a few things to say though, in the First World War the people who contributed most to the Allied victory was.... Germany, then... FRANCE. Beacuase of Verdun (1916) the Germans where looking for a quick way out of the war because thier casualties where mounting. So in 1918 the Germans launched an allout attack on the allied lines, it was the British and the Anzacs who held the line and caused the Germans to loose almost half thier army, by the time America had joined the war it was already won.
Also you Americans are in no position to critise other people, let alone their military history... let me remind you that you let a guerilla army with peashooters give you a wooping! And you are now inbreech of the declaration independance you love so much in locking people up with giving them a fair trial.
And just so you know the only reason why we won WWII is because of my country winning the Battle of Britian and subsequently gaining air superiority, and the fact that Hitler was the worst Military leader ever!!!!

Learn to laugh and know when you've crossed the line.

Last edited by Legend888 (2006-03-12 06:15:35)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6673|USA

sheggalism wrote:

lowing wrote:

Chirac is a jerk and a liar : one thing to remember : NEVER believe what he has said or what he'll say, he has no word. France got nukes cause De Gaulle wanted to prove that we were part of WWII winners and of UN permanent concil, and that we master nuke technology too. Unlike you surely think, I have a sense of humour, but I've read so much things which laugh at "french military victories", and I'm a bit tired about it.
If he is a liar or not is irrelevent...He is your leader now and as such the world will hold him accountable for his words........He said it, so it is fair game to criticize and or question.......Same as Bush

And as for the rest...........You are right to stand up for your country and her achievements, you have no need to "defend" your self in doing so.......I respect you so much more than I do my fellow countrymen who still find nothing but fault and have nothing positive to say about America after all the selfless and generous sacrifices it has made to the world.....

this thread was not started to insult you at all......was just poking fun.......No country is immune to that. Nothing personal against you....thx Shagglism

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard