skippyfl
+0|6636
Well yet another clan has turned out to be a group of asshats. 

I was playing in a server (not the {AWOL} server) and {AWOL}Lynskey TKd me repeatedly and harrassed me for more than one round totally unprovoked.  I tracked down his clan's website (http://www.awol-bf2.co.uk/index.php) and posted in thier forum regarding his actions.  I did this to allow the clan to address this problem internally rather than post here and call out the entire clan for one member's actions.  I was met with nothing but attitude there by a website admin whose PMs will appear below.  Additionally I had a nice conversation with the founder of the clan only to have my forum access turned off today.  I take that to mean they don't care to hear from me any more and given the poor resolution I am posting here.

My conversation w/ an admin/prominate member:

Skippy:
Well, you keep deleting my posts, you could at least PM me to let me know this is being looked into.

Fletch:
I could at least PM you???

You could at least have the decency to PM the Clan Leader instead of spreading bad press about one of OUR members on OUR forums. The threads have been moved to the admin section although I'm in no way here to cater to you.

You have shown AWOL no respect by coming on here complaining in the public forums, so I'm damn sure I won't be going out of my way to show you any respect in return.

Keep up the smack talk and your IP will be pulled and you'll be banned from the site permanently.

Skippy:
Yes, you could have at least PMd me to say "hey I moved your thread to the admin section".

I have no idea who the clan leader is so I did not PM him. Your attitude is poor and I don't appreciate the abuse. I was nice and tried to air my feelings here rather than on the BF2s forums, now I'm contemplating posting there about my problem with both {AWOL}Lynskey and you.

Perhaps you are upset because your clan/squad is full of players like Lynskey otherwise I would have expected a bit more respect to someone whose trying to do your squad a favor.

Fletch:
You honestly think you can just stroll in here and tell us how to run our Clan???

Lynskey has shown nothing but respect and a great attitude thus far in our Clan and I find it highly unlikely that he picked on you just for the hell of it.

You're so ridiculously up yourself if you think that I should bow down to your rule and respond to a scathing and disresepctful post made on our forums about one of our best members.

Lynskey has been with us for months. He is very laid back and has shown no signs of being a problem member in any way, shape or form. So tell me, what makes you think that you, strutting in here and voicing your distaste for Lynskey is really going to do? Do you think that we are a clan of kids that will give such posts the chance to escalate and turn into a flame war? No, I moved the posts and they will be viewed by all the admin team. This however does NOT mean that I owe you the courtesy of notifying you about the thread relocation. You showed no such courtesy or discretion when you took it upon yourself to sign up to our forum for the soul purpose of posting a complaint.

You need to get off your high-horse and get a grip. we've maybe heard your side of the story but we've yet to hear what Lynskey has to say about it and I'm damn sure that your complaint won't be left in the public forums with the potential to give AWOL unwarranted bad press.

We've had individuals like you come on here before to voice petty complaints in the public forums and we certainly don't appreciate it. The decent thing would have been to PM one of the moderators (Like myself) and it would have been dealt with respectfully.

Are you seeing a pattern yet? Respect!

Just put yourself in my shoes for a moment......Some random guy you've never met, nor heard of in your life, comes into your Clan forums and publicly slates one of your members with absoloutely NO PROOF WHATSOEVER, what do you do? Be all nicey, nicey and apologetic??? Yeah, right! You do it the right way or you don't do it at all. Go through the right channels and maybe people will be more subtle and diplomatic with their replies.

And as for posting in the BF2 forums......Whatever man. The only people that will be interested in bile like this is people like yourself. The kind of people that just don't matter.

Knock yourself out. Your so called 'nice' posts have been recorded for all the people that DO matter, to see. Although, I'm puzzled....if your posts were so "nice" then why did the content revolve around slating one of our members???

Hmm.......

Try not to hurt yourself thinking about that one. Oh....and have a nice day.

Skippy:
Apparently this conversation has degraded into brash insults and bragging about your clan. I do not care to continue this argument because you do not care to listen. Fortunately, I use FRAPS and record most of my games inculding the one last night with you beloved clan mate. Keep on the lookout on bf2s.com for a video of his actions/comments and a full posting of your responses to my IMs. Your clan is sure to be very popular after that. Following your sarcastic wit... have a nice day.

Fletch:
I think you'll find that the insults started with yourself.

But whatever, do what you have to do. If you've got nothing better in life than to cause trouble then that's quite sad.

Last edited by skippyfl (2006-03-10 09:07:54)

Inquatitis
+1|6639
oh oh oh, i cant wait for the AWOL rebutal.
just let me go make some popcorn.
jokerhv
+1|6688
Well, this did not go over well.
Money Fist
+0|6641
we feel for you skip
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7425/smallestviolin6oz.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Money Fist (2006-03-10 09:38:37)

skippyfl
+0|6636
LOL... Money Fist... nice pic... gotta save that one.
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6654

skippyfl wrote:

I use FRAPS and record most of my games inculding the one last night with you beloved clan mate. Keep on the lookout on bf2s.com for a video of his actions/comments and a full posting of your responses to my IMs. Your clan is sure to be very popular after that. Following your sarcastic wit... have a nice day.
Would love to see it....
skippyfl
+0|6636
will post tonite when I get home and dig out the clips
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6648|Peoria
no offense, but I think I agree with Fletch in that public forums are not the place for complaints against an individual. And i think you should have offered some proof to him when he got angry with you in the first place, seeing as how you didn't offer any hard evidence. But thats just MHO.
skippyfl
+0|6636

Elamdri wrote:

no offense, but I think I agree with Fletch in that public forums are not the place for complaints against an individual. And i think you should have offered some proof to him when he got angry with you in the first place, seeing as how you didn't offer any hard evidence. But thats just MHO.
I didn't consider thier forums to be "Public".  Yes it is open to the public but most of the users/viewers are thier clan members.  I felt that that was much more apropriate than to post on BF2s or some other truly public forum.  Either way, proper etiquitte for him should have been to send me a PM after the first post I made to let me know that the post was moved and that further correspondance should be via PM to one of the higher ups.  Instead, he chose to start insulting me and espousing how I should respect his clan. 

BTW my first post was extremely diplomatic, my second post was more direct but still fairly diplomatic.  I made no accusation about the clan itself in my posts on thier forum, only Lynskey.  I did not ask them to immediately kick Lynskey or anything like that, just to look into the issue and be aware of the image he is presenting of thier clan.  Apparently the image he is projecting is the correct one.
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6654
I had the same experience with another clan, so I don't blame you for posting here.  This was on a server I had played many times before.  What happened to me was that one of the clan members TKd me with a jet.  OK, no problem, I forgive.  I respawn, go back to where I was headed, approach the spot he TKd me, and BOOM, he bombs me again.  *Sigh*  Forgive again.  I type "quit with the jet TKing please", respawn, and head off again.  BOOM.  He bombs me a third time in under two minutes.  I punish.  Sorry, but three TKs by the same guy in two minutes is either intentional or just plain stupid.  That deserves a punish.  Of course, two minutes later I'm booted.  "Admin decision."

I rejoin and demand to know who booted me, and why.  Of course, it was the TKer himself.  Reason:  I punished for an accidental TK.  I said I punished for three by the same person in two minutes, not one TK. He says if I have a problem with it, take it up on their forums.  Kicked again.  Admin decision. 

I go to the forums site, sign up, and find the thread that deals with admin complaints.  I post the story much as I did above.  The thread is deleted five minutes later.  I make another thread asking why they would have a thread for complaints if they just delete them.  Thread deleted, account banned.  I make another account, post again, and finally get a response that is basically along the lines of "you must have been banned for being an asshole or a n00b-tuber."  Thread closed, new account banned.

The point is, there really ISN'T a point in posting a grievance on most clans' forums.  The deck is stacked against you from the start.  (As if you would know the "proper channels" of a clan to which you do not belong.)  I appreciate the warning, though.  It is nice to know which servers are "clanocentric" and don't tolerate dissention.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard