Wafer
+0|6649
This guy made a vid and talked about it. I want to share

"OK after flying the AH-1Z for a few hours today I have come to the conclusion many players
DO NOT know how to guide the missile - I wont carry on talking about it instead I made a
short video which is simple enuff for most new players to understand !

This was encoded with DivX - if you dont have the codec here is a link:
http://www.divx.com/divx/play/download/

Uncheck the box and you dont need to put an email address just be aware there
is a GOOGLE BAR that will be installed if you dont uncheck the box during
the DivX install.

Here is the video:
http://www.marshall-design.com/audio/tvmissile101.avi "

-Warhusky
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6624
hey wafer....cry a little more...douche

and for your info..me and your mom are still together
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617
I hope every retarded noob thats ever flown with me watches that video. Good work.
Rathji
+1|6653
My time in a chopper is almost non existant prior to 1.2, but since then I have been having time to fool with the chopper since the whores have gone on.

If I have a good pilot, mid-long range shots are not any problem. Short range I find it hard to steer it quickly enough to hit the target every time even with a decent pilot. Is there some trick I am missing or are the 'near point blank' shots just that much harder? My line of thinking is normally to fire then click past (outwards from center of screen) the target so the center will actually line up with the target.
sausage
+-1|6601

xhashashinx wrote:

what was the point of this little comment?
Wafer
+0|6649
Some people just aren't old enough for post flaming. Reported.

Last edited by Wafer (2006-03-10 07:50:46)

sausage
+-1|6601
Too many trolls these days, good job sharing the vid BTW. might actually have sumone gun the chopper who knows that it can turn from now on lol

Last edited by sausage (2006-03-10 07:55:45)

chikler
+0|6596|Jimmyhat, Ontario
hahaha, thats funny.  Usually if I can fly, I just try to VoIP the other person and explain it to them.  I find a lot of people have an idea of how it works, but havent had the cooperation of the pilot to help them learn how to aim it.

After all half the battle is getting the pilot to give them a decent shot!
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6716|Houston, TX
I try to teach when I can.  Helps when the student has Voip or some form of vocal communication. (try typing a lesson while trying to hover for a clean shot) 

I was taught by a patient pilot, which really helps.  If anyone wants help learning, I offer to help.  I'm not elite, but I can give some decent tips and helping hints. (start by reading the guides in the forums) Just PM me, and let me know what I can do. 

Yeah, it's kind of a cheesy "pay it forward" thing, but someone once helped me, and I really appreciated it.

KJ
deject
Got His War On
+37|6744|Golden, CO

xhashashinx wrote:

*looks at stats*

*laughs*

Yeah I've figured out how the missles work, I just don't get enough practise with a moving chopper and moving targets to hit anything.  As such, I generally stay out of choppers unless there's no gunner around.  I will get out of the chopper if the pilot asks, because hell, you're not going to live that long up there with the new AA missles.
cheese
+0|6615
thanks for clearing that up i was one of those noobs that didnt know how to use the tv missile.  didn't know that left clicking would alter directions!
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6624

sausage wrote:

xhashashinx wrote:

what was the point of this little comment?
wafer and i have a history...

*looks at stats*

*laughs*

Yeah I've figured out how the missles work, I just don't get enough practise with a moving chopper and moving targets to hit anything.  As such, I generally stay out of choppers unless there's no gunner around.  I will get out of the chopper if the pilot asks, because hell, you're not going to live that long up there with the new AA missles.
*laughs*

im glad i could bring a little joy to your life

look at your stats though bro....why not check me out at 198 hours....then we can laugh together...

yay!!!

Last edited by xhashashinx (2006-03-10 08:26:34)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality

cheese wrote:

thanks for clearing that up i was one of those noobs that didnt know how to use the tv missile.  didn't know that left clicking would alter directions!
SEE!!!!
Original Post has already paid dividends.

Yes TV missiles CAN be steered. I must point out that they are for killing vehicules, not troops. Although if close to the carrier and the US is still not holding flags on the ground, then a TV missile shot to the attack chopper spawn will yield spectacular results and maybe, though doubtful, teach them a lesson about camping for the chopper. If not, did it again!!!

The chin gun is for troops.

PLEASE do not mix these up.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
deject
Got His War On
+37|6744|Golden, CO

xhashashinx wrote:

*looks at stats*

*laughs*

*laughs*

im glad i could bring a little joy to your life

look at your stats though bro....why not check me out at 198 hours....then we can laugh together...

yay!!!
yeah you'll need some time to get that  K : D ratio up.  If I were able to spend more time in the helicopters I'd do better but I just plain don't care.I have more fun shooting down the chopper whores then being in a chopper.  I prefer to ground pound because I like using my rifle to kill you.  I'm not trying to be an ass, but at least back up the talk a bit please.

Last edited by deject (2006-03-10 08:35:00)

xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6624
im just gonna tank whore to get my kd up...since i sucked horribly when i first started playing....but....its gone from .6 to .72 in less then a week and a half...so..i should be back up there pretty soon.....

also ..to "back this up" ..you havnt even gotten a round score above 100....mine best is only 158, which isnt awesome...but at least i can say its better then yours...lol

i keed i keed..

Last edited by xhashashinx (2006-03-10 08:38:35)

Wafer
+0|6649

xhashashinx wrote:

im just gonna tank whore to get my kd up...since i sucked horribly when i first started playing....but....its gone from .6 to .72 in less then a week and a half...so..i should be back up there pretty soon.....
Kid...no one cares.
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6624

Wafer wrote:

xhashashinx wrote:

Kid...no one cares.
i dont know who your calling a kid...im prolly older then you....kid

and me and deject where talking...

anyways...tell your mom i said hi
chikler
+0|6596|Jimmyhat, Ontario
whether you like to ground pound or not, this post is on teaching how the TV missle works. (Damn flames!)

Post objective accomplished +2 teamwork points
Wafer
+0|6649

xhashashinx wrote:

Wafer wrote:

xhashashinx wrote:

Kid...no one cares.
i dont know who your calling a kid...im prolly older then you....kid

and me and deject where talking...

anyways...tell your mom i said hi
Yeah your prolly older...than all the other kids in your 4th grade class. Don't you have somewhere to be?
deject
Got His War On
+37|6744|Golden, CO

xhashashinx wrote:

also ..to "back this up" ..you havnt even gotten a round score above 100....mine best is only 158, which isnt awesome...but at least i can say its better then yours...lol

i keed i keed..
so?  gee I haven't gotten more than 100 points.  OH NOES!  I still have a higher SPM than you and a better K : D ratio in every class.  It seems you can't kill stuff if you're not in your precious jet or helicopter.  Boo you.  I may not have gotten any 100+ point rounds, but I get more points than you.  let me know when you can ground pound worth a damn and I'll shut up.  Until then keep flying your dumb chopper and keep making mom jokes like the 13 year old you probably are.
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
I can usually guide them pretty well.. but since the new patch, I can't guide it at all. The missle goes ub3r fast and doesn't seem to move unless I have to move it a large amount..
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6624
lol....im practicing ground pound now..i havnt been in a jet or a helo in a while....
but yeah..point taken....my kd will be up soon..i promise..lol

and wafer....i wont show your childish emails to anyone....but yeah...im pretty positive..im much older then you...or...you may be around my age...it really doesnt matter to me...

im glad i can get such a rise out of you douche bags

and once again...tell your mom i said hi

Last edited by xhashashinx (2006-03-10 08:59:36)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
Well this is overdue... /closed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard