Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6603|Derby, England

I dont know about u guys But... Im seek and tyerd everytime patch comes out it seem2 go to fileplanet and yeas U have2 pay to download. Im gettin seek and tyerd of EA making money on everything they fuck up game they bring out fix for it and they want money for it thats Bolex, and if fileplanet had forums i would of put 1 big great Post there on what balls they have charging people to download a patch which EA has fucked up on the first place. If anyone thinks its fear pls post below and explayn why ? if u think its unfear post below so i can send a mass email to EA and see what Reply im gonaget from  them if any peace Boris ( Pised off gamer )
Inquatitis
+1|6609
umm fileplanet has ALWYAS had 2 modes of downloads availabe. one was instant downloads if you signed up for a paying account on the site AND a free download service that had you wait in like for a few minutes before a slot became available.
noone ever paid for a patch, just had the chance to get it faster.

i dont see what your problem is.
Breez
+937|6603|Derby, England

Inquatitis wrote:

umm fileplanet has ALWYAS had 2 modes of downloads availabe. one was instant downloads if you signed up for a paying account on the site AND a free download service that had you wait in like for a few minutes before a slot became available.
noone ever paid for a patch, just had the chance to get it faster.

i dont see what your problem is.
My Problem is This why is fileplanet charging people money for sumthing that EA is not charging money on and no its not few minutes of waite Iv sat and waited now god knows how long download still not readdy and Im not payn fileplanet money for what Exacly ?

its like EA doin this when they relise new patch they do this

thos of u who want patch 2day u can pay 5 bux to get it now or u can waite for few days untill everyone has it and u canget it then

I dont see EA doin it so wtf is fileplanet selling a patch ?
Inquatitis
+1|6609
fileplanet doesnt charge you for the download. they charge you for the high speed file server.
theres a big difference.

the patch is free.
always has been, always will be.

i know how fileplanet works, i've been waiting in that line myself before, im just lucky to have a paid account i won from fileplanet.
although fileplanet is not the only place to get the patch from.
Breez
+937|6603|Derby, England

Inquatitis wrote:

fileplanet doesnt charge you for the download. they charge you for the high speed file server.
theres a big difference.

the patch is free.
always has been, always will be.

i know how fileplanet works, i've been waiting in that line myself before, im just lucky to have a paid account i won from fileplanet.
although fileplanet is not the only place to get the patch from.
Do u have links to other sites ?
Inquatitis
+1|6609
http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patche … -_1.21.exe

the patch atm is like 13MB even i could go and host it somewhere.
OaksMokedBacon
+0|6678|Dundee, Scotland
Fileplanet arent charging for the file u tard, they are charging for the bandwidth your gonna use to download it. They offer a premium service, so if sumone does pay they get a fast, no queue and reliable connection.

If your a tight arse like prob 90% of us are we wont pay for it so we have to make do with the limited free service. Let me emphasis FREE. So you have to queue, so its FREE! your dl speeds are limited, so wot its FREE. If you dont like it, then go find somewhere else to download it, wait in the queue or cough up you hard earned cash! Fileplanet have to pay for the connections, this is just one way of doing it. Its business!
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
Have you looked here for the patch? http://files.bf2s.com/

I don't know what you're bitching about?
Breez
+937|6603|Derby, England

OaksMokedBacon wrote:

Fileplanet arent charging for the file u tard, they are charging for the bandwidth your gonna use to download it. They offer a premium service, so if sumone does pay they get a fast, no queue and reliable connection.

If your a tight arse like prob 90% of us are we wont pay for it so we have to make do with the limited free service. Let me emphasis FREE. So you have to queue, so its FREE! your dl speeds are limited, so wot its FREE. If you dont like it, then go find somewhere else to download it, wait in the queue or cough up you hard earned cash! Fileplanet have to pay for the connections, this is just one way of doing it. Its business!
Dude I run 3 websites Money is not exacly a problem, as for bandwith Im sure they have theyr own servers runing which aeent casting them anything extra.
Inquatitis
+1|6609

badhq wrote:

OaksMokedBacon wrote:

Dude I run 3 websites Money is not exacly a problem, as for bandwith Im sure they have theyr own servers runing which aeent casting them anything extra.
its not about their servers, is about their bandwith.
fileplanet is not its own ISP, never has been, never will be.
you should see how much file traffic they have a month.
Breez
+937|6603|Derby, England

Inquatitis wrote:

badhq wrote:

OaksMokedBacon wrote:

its not about their servers, is about their bandwith.
fileplanet is not its own ISP, never has been, never will be.
you should see how much file traffic they have a month.
so payng 5 bux makes it all ok No bandwith used ?
Inquatitis
+1|6609
i didnt say that did i.
$5 gets you the fast download with no waiting.
$0 gets you the fast download with the line in front of it.

imagine if fileplanet was 100% free, how long do you think it would last?
would you donate to keep it alive, monthly to reach their goal to pay for their bandwith bill?
i think not.
with the subscriptions they solved this problem.
i was around when fileplanet first started and i remember a time when they wanted to shut down because of money issues.

now you can either wait in line for the file, find an alternate download link(two have been provided) or not.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
Why is the concept of paying for a downloading service such a problem for you? If you don't like it then find an alternate download link, that's what I do!
Breez
+937|6603|Derby, England

Inquatitis wrote:

i didnt say that did i.
$5 gets you the fast download with no waiting.
$0 gets you the fast download with the line in front of it.

imagine if fileplanet was 100% free, how long do you think it would last?
would you donate to keep it alive, monthly to reach their goal to pay for their bandwith bill?
i think not.
with the subscriptions they solved this problem.
i was around when fileplanet first started and i remember a time when they wanted to shut down because of money issues.

now you can either wait in line for the file, find an alternate download link(two have been provided) or not.
actualy I would donate if it was providing public with help and so on, nukemods.com makes themes and so on, I donate on theyr website even thos it's nothing 2 do with Bf2 reason I get my help there ( as well as i try and help them out )

as to reply to NM156

it's not a problemfor me bro how about all them younger people who cant pay for it ? thats what im trying 2 say lets face it not everyone can afford to pay for stuff specialy ( school kids )

I'm not trying 2 turn this in 2 huge flame feast just wanted sum answears

Greets Boris
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6653|King's Island
@ OP:

Open your eyes. Rinse them with 0.9 % saline solution. Put your reading glasses on.

The patch has been available from this amazing site since last night, *fast download* and *free of charge*.

There is a huge 1.21 banner at the top of every forum page.

But maybe you just needed to do some EA- and Fileplanetbashing.
Breez
+937|6603|Derby, England

NPN_Scorpio wrote:

@ OP:

Open your eyes. Rinse them with 0.9 % saline solution. Put your reading glasses on.

The patch has been available from this amazing site since last night, *fast download* and *free of charge*.

There is a huge 1.21 banner at the top of every forum page.

But maybe you just needed to do some EA- and Fileplanetbashing.
Untill I did find the patch was avelable from This site i dident know but I do however know that now and yeas I did wana do sum EA and fileplanet bashing ( Been told this patch sux I havent tryed yeat )
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
fileplanet is free dude... and spell correctly, u make england look bad. the patches are always free, just read properly...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Inquatitis
+1|6609
i downloaded the patch this morning.
havent installed it yet.
nor will i till all my frequented servers install it.

and todays kids have more cash then i had back when i was a teen waiting for the new CS patches on fileplanet.
$5 a month is like what, a pack of smokes and a snapple?
Breez
+937|6603|Derby, England

Inquatitis wrote:

havent installed it yet.

and todays kids have more cash then i had back when i was a teen waiting for the new CS patches on fileplanet.
Tru but you ask any clan owner sumthimes they even have problem getin donations of even 1 bux ( so yea i do see sum people havin problem payn that but as sead above now I know i can get the patch here it's all good )

reply to cyborg_ninja-117

which person askes guy named Boris who lives in England to sort the spelling out

1. how many english people you know called Boris ?

2. English been my 3rd language, yeap I do have truble sorting out my spelling, Simple fact is russian dictionary has 30 letters in alphabet, and georgia contry which I'm originaly from has 36 letters in alphabet.
Fact that I tought english my self and I did not go to English school, might explayn the reason why my spelling sux. If you don't understand sumthing pls replost and I will try better to explaynit.

( but what I do for living I do not need2 know how 2 spell incase u were wondering what that is.... I design and make custom bodykits for cars )

Peace Boris
Inquatitis
+1|6609

badhq wrote:

Inquatitis wrote:

havent installed it yet.

Tru but you ask any clan owner sumthimes they even have problem getin donations of even 1 bux ( so yea i do see sum people havin problem payn that but as sead above now I know i can get the patch here it's all good )
i understand that.
im in a similar situation since my clan is located in the USA while i am living in Hungary.
we dont really live off donations thought, we have clan dues, but even that can get messy sometimes.
Navyseal99
Unintentional Good-Guy
+0|6628

badhq wrote:

I dont know about u guys But... Im seek and tyerd everytime patch comes out it seem2 go to fileplanet and yeas U have2 pay to download. Im gettin seek and tyerd of EA making money on everything they fuck up game they bring out fix for it and they want money for it thats Bolex, and if fileplanet had forums i would of put 1 big great Post there on what balls they have charging people to download a patch which EA has fucked up on the first place. If anyone thinks its fear pls post below and explayn why ? if u think its unfear post below so i can send a mass email to EA and see what Reply im gonaget from  them if any peace Boris ( Pised off gamer )
GAH!!! that "ectxweeemwee bad gwammor" burns my eyeballs!!!!
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
Chill out on the spelling/grammar policing. English is his 3rd language. Let's see how well you do in his native language?
Defiance
+438|6642

badhq: Here's this entire thread in one simlpe post.

You would be paying for skipping the sometimes 5 hour lines for downloads. It's a service they offer.

This service they offer also uncaps your bandwidth. On my connection, I'd get 600kbs a second downloading a file from them with their service.

If you want a file website as good as fileplanet with no lines for free, go to filefront (just add the www.com). For free, lines might still be there but in the past year I've only had to wait a total of 2 minutes in line for 1.2. In the past year, for free service, there has never been another line for files.

There are plenty of other download mirrors, including BF2s, EA officials site, and other file sites.

The patch is free, the problem you have is with the middle man.

Speaking of which, because of the shitholes at fileplanet, I try to download something and it takes me to a page chock full of ADs for their advanced service with no further link to the actual download.

So in general, I hate fileplanet, same as you, but for a different reason.
Rathji
+1|6654

badhq wrote:

The are running a business which sells fast access to MANY files, including, but not limited to beta downloads for games and games themselves. It's what they make thier money doing and you want them to give it away all for free?

Last edited by NM156 (2006-03-10 08:00:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard