AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6644|Minnesota
Enjoy...

Click on the "green watch button" go to full screen, and crank up the volume!!!

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2684609
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
No one hogs an AH1Z. They all go for the Mi-28.
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6644|Minnesota
Why because of the 30mm cannon? I look at that thing like a tank. By the time you know Im there, or are in tange to effectvly use that thing.... you're allready dead...
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
The range to effectively use that wonderful cannon is as far as the damn eye can see. Using it, I could easily kill you in your AA site from 300 meters away.
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6644|Minnesota

Tetrino wrote:

The range to effectively use that wonderful cannon is as far as the damn eye can see. Using it, I could easily kill you in your AA site from 300 meters away.
K dude I dont know nuthin... With you're 8 hours in a chopper...

By the time you hit my chopper 3 or 4 times with you're cannon (at most) in a clear line of sight I would have a TV guided missle in you're front seat... BOOM you're ass is dead...

Watch skilled chopper pilots / gunners. Thay dont mess around with peppering like a noob.

I shouldnt have even posted this thread...piss off
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6630|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Mi28 is easier to fly imo. Better pepper me about my 5 hours in the helicopter though.

Edit: Awesome video though.

Last edited by junkpi1e (2006-03-10 01:19:00)

dracul
+2|6808
Mi28 is easier to fly imo. Better pepper me about my 5 hours in the helicopter though.
Actually, because of the way the cannon does splash damage, you can kill the pilot without destorying the helicopter if you directly hit the glass next to his head.

I have been on both sides of that happening.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6732|Uhh... erm...
Naw, come on. It's just a friendly debate, no need to bring stats into this. What'd you got against the Mi-28 anyways?
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6745|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
the Mi-28 is a piece of shit. The only thing that makes up for the shittiness of the shit glop is the great and almighty splash damage gun. It's an apc in the air.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
Gunners love the MI-28. Pilots hate it. The gun may cause unholy splash damage and kill all living matter within a 15 meter radius, but it flies like a cow. It may be 'easier' to fly inasmuch as its harder to lose control in regular flight, but its also much less maneuverable than the z-10 or ah1z, meaning a probably loss in a dogfight. Add to that the rocket pods that are spaced very wide, and flying that thing is a real chore. And killing something while flying it is even more of a chore.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6674|Australia
The thing I noticed about the video is that the pilot seemed to hold quite steady while the missiles/TV were firing.

However all  BF2 "pilot hereoes"(note the inverted commas) expect you to hit a moving tank while they are somersaulting, backpeddaling or spinning.

Or try to be selfish and do it themselves.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-03-11 00:19:53)

Zorken
+0|6661|Sweden

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

The thing I noticed about the video is that the pilot seemed to hold quite steady while the missiles/TV were firing.

However all  BF2 "pilot hereoes"(not the inverted commas) expect you to hit a moving tank while they are somersaulting, backpeddaling or spinning.

Or try to be selfish and do it themselves.
Thats cause all seasoned pilots know that u line up for a quick tv-shot against another chopper and then do the somerssaulting to avoid getting blown up by the tvm. And hopefully the pilots have a gunner that knows how to use the tvm just as that chance present itself. I rearly see pilots just hovering in the same place anymore or standing still for very long.
The thing about doing it themselves prob. has do with experience of the pilot. Lesser exp. and the pilots trys to nail everything by himself or u missed ur first shot with the tvm and them pilots try to take out wathever u missed.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647
Also the Mi-28 used to have a very crappy tv missle, as in it would not turn up and often wouldnt turn in any direction. Although the patch fixed that. Nobody seemed to notice though.
glopje_nl
+21|6671|HOLLAND
AH1Z for me i think it rocks great movie m8  always like to sneak up to tank and kill them with my ah1z
most peeps like the Mi-28 but one thing is sure it is very ugly
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
How come the hellfire in that vidoe was all over the place when he shot it?
Inquatitis
+1|6639
gentlemen, lets just say that two helicopters in real combat would never really see eachother.
the AH-12 and the Mi-28 have both good and bad characteristics.
Mi-28 was primarily designed as an anti-infantry platform, while the AH-12 was designed for anti-tank purposes.
the Mi-28 is much bigger then the AH-12 and is capable of carring way more armanent then what is curently on it in-game.

but, yea, nice vid.
USMCkilla
+16|6763|South Carolina
Being a US Marine I have much love for the Cobra.  There is nothing like taking fire from a building and have a TOW missle come off the rail and smack into the window of that building. The reason that missile was all over the place is because it wasnt a Hellfire it was a TOW(tube lauched optically sighted wire guided missle) It was being controlled by the gunner in the front seat with a joystick via a wire on the back of the missile going to the Cobra.  The TOW has flares on the back so you can see where it is going.  The Marine Corps doesnt get nearly the money that the Army does hence we are using 30+ year old Cobra's with TOW missles. Basically we dont have the $ to buy new stuff so we use what we have and upgrade it.  In the game I prefer the AH-1 because I am normally the pilot but I know my buddy who is the gunner loves the Mi-28 for the explosive rounds from its cannon.
risson
+17|6768|Wisconsin
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST ... outstanding video!!!  thanks for posting it...

Now, if we could get an .avi or .mpg version of it so I can save it to my collection...!!!

It's obvious to me that BF2Craglyeye may not pilot the attack heli's too often in BF2.  The video can stay steady because they don't have J-10's and IGLA's trying to light you up.  I give just enough time for the gunner to fire the TVM then I'm make tracks and doing rolls to avoid the TVM's, IGLA's and Air to Air missles all coming my way...

Dancing in the sky's....

RiSSoN
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
RiSSoN - Is there a way, as the pilot, to tell that your gunner has fired off the TVM?  Some sort of indicator, other than visual, that informs me that it is safe to manuver without fear of messing up my gunner's shot?

Voip seems to be the immediate answer, but is there any other way that doesn't rely on pilot/gunner communications?

KJ

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-03-10 11:33:09)

risson
+17|6768|Wisconsin
Kung Jew..

For me it's visual and VoiP..  I create a squad and invite my gunner so I can talk to him and he can talk to me.  If you get to know the gunner well enough, you can line it up and he'll fire ... as soon as he does I try to make my self more elusive, weaving back and forth, rolling or flipping backwards.  It all depends on your opponent (attack heli).  If he's good / great w/ a tv, you absolutely do not stay in one place... or his TVM will be sitting in your lap. 

As the pilot, you have the full front view, but I use a joystick (Logitech Freedom 2.4) and sometimes the keyboard and mouse.  The joystick it nice because it have the hat switch setup to look left, right and 3rd person if need be to see if incoming jets or heli's are coming my way..

This is my perspective on it...  I've flown with some really good pilots that give me a quick sec to fire a shot..  Once you do and you're using your TVM monitor, it doesn't matter what the pilot is doing because your watching through the TVM...

RiSSoN
Inquatitis
+1|6639

Kung Jew wrote:

RiSSoN - Is there a way, as the pilot, to tell that your gunner has fired off the TVM?  Some sort of indicator, other than visual, that informs me that it is safe to manuver without fear of messing up my gunner's shot?

Voip seems to be the immediate answer, but is there any other way that doesn't rely on pilot/gunner communications?

KJ
best thing to do is get in the same squad and use the VoIP, TS or ventrilo.
generally acquering a target is done by the pilot since they are more focused on it.
if the gunner spots something i highly recommend Marking it for your pilot and calling out "Target 9 o'clock"
this way the pilot can make the neccesary correction or if not, circle around and get on behind the target vehicle.
then what we generally do with my pilot is sound off "fire,fire" if we have time or if not "pop and track".
i know it sounds funny but it works since you dont chatter and waste time.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
Hrmmmmm........

Let me rewrite this to make more sense....

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, a "friend" of mine has a rotweiller.  This "friend", is my gunner from time to time in BF2.  His dog eats his headphones and mic. 

Now, my "friend" can hear me,  but cannot speak back to me.  If he launches a missle, he will not have time to type anything to me and maintain control of the missle guidance. Is there any way that I can detect that he has launched from the pilot's view? Aside from seeing a missle fly away, is there a light on the control panel or the Pilot's HUD that signals when the gunner has taken his shot?

KJ

PS Sorry about the threadjack.

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-03-10 14:08:58)

dano13
+0|6792|Torrance, CA.
where is that "missle fired" sound in the game? it's in the files, but there in the game?
arson
+99|6638|New York
Wow thats awesome firepower!!
Thanks for sharing!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard