[zulu]steviep831
+6|6647|Florida
Ha, I've tried using the PKM (after patch 1.21) and have been disappointed by it's accuracy. In a one-on-one duel, I got smoked. I basically unloaded the entire contents of my PKM and the guy still was able to kill me. Even looking down the sight!  ???
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6638|Cherry Pie
The PKM is the raping weapon of Karkand.   I guess its cool, but my god...  I can't even kill a person with an incredible accurate G36E without almost being killed or having to retreat.  Seems very unfair...
[AR15]GerberSchwintz
+3|6652

KingLou wrote:

Watch it again.......and look at all the people he's killing.  While some bullets still go astray, the gun is overall ridiculously accurate.............especially if you fire one shot at a time, rapidly.   It has become VERY easy to kill a LOT of people with the PKM.........especially considering its huge ammo capacity, and the fact that a support person can keep resupplying themselves.  If you get a good hiding spot, with a lot of enemies in sight..........just sit back and watch them drop like flies.

While I know that pre-patch, the PKM couldn't kill someone if you put the barrel against their forehead, and unloaded a clip.........they went a little overboard with correcting that problem I think.  Although I guess it's better that it works too good, then not working at all.

KiL
It's a belt fed. Not "clip" that term is not the proper word for magazine! Sorry, rant off and I know no one here cares.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6849|Deutschland/Germany

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

Ha, I've tried using the PKM (after patch 1.21) and have been disappointed by it's accuracy. In a one-on-one duel, I got smoked. I basically unloaded the entire contents of my PKM and the guy still was able to kill me. Even looking down the sight!  ???
Maybe you aimed 99999999km above the guy. Even if the PKM is almost 100% accurate you still need to aim a little. You really cant blame the PKM for this. For big distances use single shot this way I got many snipers on sharqi who were on the TV station while I was close to the construction site.....
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6689|Moscow, Russia
This thread should not be called "PKM WTF?!" but "PKM FTW!!" instead.
PlaneWhore
+59|6779

Nanoaug wrote:

If I was commander I wouldve artyed him in  a second. The guys he was killing were noobs really, usually if you just stand in the open like that you will get picked off easily, least on the servers i play on
I edited it out (with a lot of other stuff), but that round the enemy commander attempted to artillery me 3 or 4 times that round, all of which failed. As soon as the first shell came down I'd hide behind that big vent on the roof for cover, and unless the arty landed on that tiny little sliver of roof the width of a soldier I was more than fine. I did die though, 2 times to be exact, but killed 45+ people in that same space.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6681

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

How to shoot the PKM:
1. Go prone, but crouching works fine too.
2. aim with mouse.
3. fire 1-3 shots
4. wait 1/2 seconds
5. repeat steps 2-4.

Avoid using the WASD keys.  Sliding while firing dramatically reduces your accuracy.  Practice shots on a wall with lines.

My LMG accuracy is 23% and rising...
Weapon    Time    Kills    Deaths    Ratio    Acc   
Light Machine Guns 14:13:02 465 418 1.11 23.08%

In truth, since 1.2, all the guns have become very accurate for sniping/prone.  To me, the advantage of the PKM is the damage, unlimited ammo, and armor.  With assault, you always had to worry about running out of ammo.
luckybaer
+10|6788| Going Feral
I love the PKM. 

Yesterday, on Sharqi, I was approaching the hotel flag from the north.  Well, there were some bad guys in the building to the south of the flag chucking grenades and stuff at my teammates trying to cap the flag.

I went prone along the wall that runs N-S, and zoomed in on the windows and doors in that house.  Everytime a MEC face popped in, I squeezed off one or two rounds - to be greeted by the red "x" hit indicator.  The MEC squadleader must have been in the house because they kept spawing there.  I'd get up and move to another spot (like on the east side of the wall) and fire at them again.  Eventually, they got frustrated and decided to rush the flag.  A couple of my teammates were there, so I popped up and gunned them down.

Crazy, man... freaking crazy.
mustang0341
+0|6699|Nebraska
what is that"head shot" line from I can't remember that is f&*king funny!!1
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6688|Canberra, AUS
BOOM HEADSHOT! old cs talk
Very funny movie.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
mucky
+0|6745|wiltshire
wow
Deadlift
+9|6695
maybe you mean:
https://hosting.deadlift.de/headshot.gif

Last edited by Deadlift (2006-03-18 04:32:42)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6641|Warlord
I was looking for a guide to accurate shooting with the PKM so thanks for this PlaneWhore. Not to take anything away from you but anyone worth his salt on the opposing team should have spawned with an L85, M24 or L96 (or a PKM) and headshotted you!

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you ever hit once in the edited portions? Pretty sad accuracy if you ask me haha. I'm not the best shot in the world by any means but I could have at least dinged you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard