It's good, but I expect more still34%34% - 136
... Whatever ...27%27% - 109
This doesn't make me happy10%10% - 43
This patch ruins the whole game!11%11% - 46
Total: 399
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6752
Just played 4 rounds with 1.21 no issues found.
Maybe EA lets it slip out on purpose, It saves them a ton of bandwith and other server related cost.
cam420
+1|6650
Well i thought the gun issues were fixed but i dunno i just played a round of warlord and the whole time alls i could hear was the resupply sound and somtimes when someone would shoot a pkm i would get the sound of them shooting it till i die or go away from them. From what i could tell u can hear guns shooting from behind u(this is a plus) but claymore spam is still very possible http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=r1zlp5 i just got this(the whole round i used nothing but claymores and grenades and i never left the palace) alls u nee to do is have a supply guy and wait till your claymores go off, its a little more dangerous now but entirley possible!

Last edited by cam420 (2006-03-09 21:39:37)

twiistaaa
+87|6668|mexico
hmm im not sure, i never had a red/blue problem with 1.2 but i did just before (i think), the server switchd my team and i was chased by a team member and killed. so unless he was an idiot i think thats the reason. but i didnt punish so kudos to me

and i had abit of a freeze for a good 5-10 secs. when i happened to to be driving over a bridge on wake at full speed in a jeep.. guess what happened!
MrBrain
+24|6690|Finland

twiistaaa wrote:

hmm im not sure, i never had a red/blue problem with 1.2 but i did just before (i think), the server switchd my team and i was chased by a team member and killed. so unless he was an idiot i think thats the reason. but i didnt punish so kudos to me

and i had abit of a freeze for a good 5-10 secs. when i happened to to be driving over a bridge on wake at full speed in a jeep.. guess what happened!
I haven't had the red/blue bug before 1.2, now I've had it
We were MEC and a squad member spawned in my vodnic with red name, I asked him to shout something and he was telling english commands He also showed up on the USMC score board and the USMC that killed him got teamkills (dunno if they got negative score, I sure hope so!)
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Does this mean we get Euro Forces?????
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
MaximumMayhem
+27|6650|Mashtuur Boulevard
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No.

We're dealing with EA here not Epic Games.. remember that.  They work around the cock remember?  Im sure its a difficult lifestyle to adapt to.  This patch is worth it even if it corrects the No Getting Attacked / Hit Indicators Sound bug.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6647

cam420 wrote:

Well i thought the gun issues were fixed but i dunno i just played a round of warlord and the whole time alls i could hear was the resupply sound and somtimes when someone would shoot a pkm i would get the sound of them shooting it till i die or go away from them. From what i could tell u can hear guns shooting from behind u(this is a plus) but claymore spam is still very possible http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=r1zlp5 i just got this(the whole round i used nothing but claymores and grenades and i never left the palace) alls u nee to do is have a supply guy and wait till your claymores go off, its a little more dangerous now but entirley possible!
2 claymores at a time and waiting to throw new ones until the old ones are gone can hardly be considerd as spam... what would you say for an AT-guy with a resupply-crate next to him? rocket spam?

other than that I found no problems so far either, yet again I rarely used to have those red-name-bugs - hope it will stay this way!
millhous
+39|6636|OREEGONE, USA
Placing claymores all over the place with "almost" no worrys about teamkills is spamming in my book.  I mean its virtually impossible to take the TV station now on Warlord cause the enemy just leaves 4 claymores on the steps and on the flag with no worrys about TK's.
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6624|Cherry Pie
Just installed it, had the white screen for like 3 seconds.  Hopefully it is as good as you guys say!  I'm only running an average of 50fps so I hope that increases.  I guess thats what I get for running 1600x1200 resolution.
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6628|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
I can't say I've noticed any real differences yet. Did get the permanent "Shh, Shh" healing sound after i picked up a medic kit, chucked a pack and went back to my Engineer kit, but other than that everything seems normal.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
except you can't leave 4 claymores on the steps.

I've got no postpatch lag. I'm happy. I can't see any bugs.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Tagmaestro
+6|6704|New Jersey

Spark wrote:

except you can't leave 4 claymores on the steps.

I've got no postpatch lag. I'm happy. I can't see any bugs.
YOU'RE WINNER!

Two snipers = four claymores.
MooseRyder
+37|6654|Montréal, Canada
everythins good unless now when u are flying in a jet and locking on a chopper and shooting at him 4 missiles, none of them will hit him, they just run thru or beside him without evern doing any damage. The jet missiles are useless against choppers now....its really weird it take me around 3 runs to kill a single chopper...oh and the chopper never used his flares, imagine if he does!
FrEaK
+1|6782|Finland
Patch totally screwed up my graphics card...look at this!
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/680214 … &s=x10
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6672|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

FrEaK wrote:

Thats what happend to me with BF Vietnam
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6710

FrEaK wrote:

thats because you have a artifact in the memory of your card, the patch is not the problem.

your problem is either heat as in the card getting to hot

you overclocked it and caused a artifact on the memory, you must lower the clock speed on the memory of your card.

if that fails then i suggest you update your drivers

what card are you using?
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6641|The Netherlands
I played a couple of rounds and overall it runs smoother then before. The problem with the at-rockets and HJ8
is solved I believe. The soundbugs are still not solved and there's still the nametag problem.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Well, I use an ATI card... I'm happy I can see more than five feet infront of me... Other than that not much has changed really...

Did the MP5 get beefed up or something? I killed two guys (medic and revived person) with half a clip from it... Close range though....

Last edited by Flecco (2006-03-10 01:36:06)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6756|Hell, p.o box 666

@Topic: is this patch official now?

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-03-10 02:24:28)

chef69
Banned
+5|6708|uk
The new patch   would be  great  but  as i  can play  for  about  one  hour   then  the  game   reboots   my  comp   and i have  2  re join  the  game  i  have  checked   every thing  and   my  comp is runing   fine  its  the  game   does  any 1  els  have  this problem  not inprest    so  far   and  all  my  favarate  servers   are  not updated  yet  that  sucks
$kelet0r
+16|6682
My impressions are so far good - faster frame rate, and a more stable feel to the gameplay (less jerkiness)
although the installation was a little funky with the white screen - eventually decided to stop surfing the web AND install at the same time
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6647
Does anyone know if they adjusted some of the weapons without telling us? (as in accuracy and stuff)?
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6672|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
With this patch installed [the 13mb one] I cant connect to server

i login and it just stays there i wait like an hour and it is still there not logged in

what do I do  PLEASE TELL ME !!
iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6655
i played for just 45 minutes in a plane, but it looked fine to me. once locked, a plane better have flares or get killed. missiles miss helicopters a lot, so those arent gunned down within seconds.

no idea if there was any positive change to running/jumping/proneing, i'll find out later
hughes627
+0|6690|Scotland
i like the patch so far, i am glad they sorted out the going prone speed, last patch was way to slow and jerky

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard