THC_for_me
+-1|6640
well... i come to these forums just like alot of ppl and have posted about this very problem in the past, hoping that someone a shitload smarter than i am could help me out but no one has. so here i am again asking the same question looking for someone with better knowlage (lol srry for the spelling if i spelled that wrong) than i have to help me out. i would really appreciate any feed back because i have tried everything i know of to fix it. first of all my game was working great didnt have one problem with it. then out of the blue it wouldnt start up. the bf2 logo will pop up, go to a black screen, flash black another time or 2 and just dump to my desktop. ive tried reinstalling my game like 3 time. repatching, downloading another graphics driver, restoring my computer to an earlier date, changing the refresh rate. everything that I could think of but nothing works. i feel like i just wasted 50 dollars on this game. i would really like to get my moneys worth out of it cuz bf2 kicks fuckin ass! so heres what i know about my specs. i have an ATI Radeon X700 pro.... pentium D processor and all that good stuff that comes with my computer. lol. but any help with this would be awsome. cuz i miss playin bf2 with all my =FN1= crew. thnx guys
Murphy <s18>
+8|6663|51st State
prolly the graphics driver i had a similar problem took me a full weekend of going through things to find it was right in front of me, go to your CCC (catalyst control center) turn fastwrites off turn Anti aliasing off and turn nearly everything else to let the program decide like antistropic filtering and the such. That got mine working! hope this helps
Buffnuggles
+11|6743|The Hague, Netherlands
You say you have a ATI videocard.
Since the new patch 1.2 a lot op people with ATI cards have troubles with BF2.

Look for it at this forum, use search!!
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield
I have ATI 700X and no problems. Make sure you have the settings right. I does that on my laptop just a black screen and just music. Make sure the card is the one used.
KampfHamster
+0|6730|Lohmar, Germany
Try the new Catalyst 6.3 released today. Hope it fix your probs.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6858|"Frisco"

Or, as harsh as it may be: CALL EA.

I understand that a lot of people come here for help getting the game to run, but realistically we're not tech support. We're a community site, and we'll help if we can, but it's actually EA's JOB to get the game running for you.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6718|NL
yeah, mail or phone ea.

and what i know;

i think its a resolution problem. i think your screen or videocard cant display the resolution your asking for. so i advice to got to the shortcut of bf2. change at properties play with 640 by whatever screen resolution and when yur in the game change it to the correct one.

my 2 cents

Poncho
EvilJebus
+11|6635
That's a realy hard problem to diagnose and tell you want to do my friend. I can only conclude that Battlefield doesn't like your graphics settings like (although I do find it odd that I can play the EA logo, then crashes). Murphy had a good suggestion, mess around with your video settings, turn all the fancy stuff to off, auto, programs choice, something like that.

New Catalyst drivers eh? You could always try those, might work not. Calling EA might work, I'd say it wouldn't though, I'm sure you'll get a "Try reinstalling, that didn't work huh? Do it again anyway. Still not working? You better reformat you HD. Nope, well sorry sir you must have an unsupported something, please get a *insert BS hardware here* that is supported by BF"

Just my 2 cents too, it probably wont help, it's only 2 cents...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6754|Reality
Similar problem after installing latest ati driver. Rolled back driver and back in business.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
THC_for_me
+-1|6640
thanks for all the suggestions guys ill give them all a try and let ya know what goes on. if it doesnt work ill let you all know so we all have future referance one what does and doesnt work. im going to try that new 6.3 graphics driver i was told to try before anything else. but again... thanks for the suggestions its much appreciated! peace out homies
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6857|North Texas
If you upgrade to 6.3, please make sure you download ATI's "uninstaller" app. Run this prior to updating your new drivers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard