LordOfRuin
+1|6706
Ok, I've noticed a trend lately.

Medics, instead of tossing packs so that we can heal in a firefight, are instead running around with it in their hands instead, easily identifying my position to the enemy.

I'm sitting there shouting "Drop the damn pack, noob!" over and over to the insane giggles of our teammates.

What gives?  I know that if you are in a secluded space with multiple teammates, holding will heal them all  at once. 

But I'm talking in mid battle with bullets flying!  Drop it so I can heal already instead of following me around like Chester the Molester offering candy to a tot!

Jeez

That is all.

aiki
khmer
+86|6677|Central California
I always drop meds when in a heated battle.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA
"...following me around like Chester the Molester offering candy to a tot!"-LordOfRuin
LMFAO!
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6711|'Ull, Yorkshire, England

LordOfRuin wrote:

Drop it so I can heal already instead of following me around like Chester the Molester offering candy to a tot!
Lol Chester the Molester, i'm pretty sure I've seen him around here.

Seriously though stupid medics are one of the most annoying things in the game, anyone would think they are going to lose a point for healing us.

Bastards
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA
man i hate it when i ask for a medic and they keep running away.  i just tk them and take the kit.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6788|Singapore

TK them take their kit and revive

-2 only
zFeinT
+35|6668
I hate that, too!  (Isn't just this game, see it in America's Army, as well)   When I play as medic, I constantly check to see if anybody is in range to heal (when not in combat), or simply toss packs into areas that're frequented, and even those that aren't as much.  I heal my teammates during combat, while fighting along side them.
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA
polar its easy to get the -2 back to 0 lol
Username II
+3|6633
I find about 70% of the time I drop packs, people ignore them and run away. If you run with them you can heal them, if you want to waste your time chasing them while they get shot. On the other hand, when you drop packs skilled players can return to the area and heal when you're not there. It depends where you are, how many people in the server, and how many people there are to heal. Even the enemy can pick up your health packs!

Also remember if you're .00001% injured, you can use a whole health pack on the ground, but if you hold a pack you can much more efficently heal more team members.

Usually if you're not in a squad it's better to toss the pack down, if you see some one who needs help.

Finally in patch 1.2 if you toss out all your health packs, you have to wait a while before you can revive people. Don't run out

Last edited by Username II (2006-03-08 18:06:59)

khmer
+86|6677|Central California

Maj.Do wrote:

man i hate it when i ask for a medic and they keep running away.  i just tk them and take the kit.
Wow the opposite for me. I see a guy with health all the way down to the last bar. I'm chasing after him, all the while throwing med packs (trying to get his attention) but he keeps on running the opposite direction from me until he gets killed and I have to revive the poor bastard.

Last edited by khmer (2006-03-08 18:08:34)

airborne916
+24|6664

LordOfRuin wrote:

Medics, instead of tossing packs so that we can heal in a firefight, are instead running around with it in their hands instead, easily identifying my position to the enemy.

I'm sitting there shouting "Drop the damn pack, noob!" over and over to the insane giggles of our teammates.

What gives?  I know that if you are in a secluded space with multiple teammates, holding will heal them all  at once. 

But I'm talking in mid battle with bullets flying!  Drop it so I can heal already instead of following me around like Chester the Molester offering candy to a tot!

Jeez

That is all.

aiki
Im a medic and ill say this. How about i just let the sniping pmk kill you i revive you and do that about a nother 4 times. Is that better?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD
I'm just sick of them not reviving people.  It really pisses me off that they're that selfish.
Tennouheika
+0|6635
I'm a med pack chucking machine. Anywhere there is a bit of action going on I toss out all of my med packs.
oberst_enzian
+234|6742|melb.au

Tennouheika wrote:

I'm a med pack chucking machine. Anywhere there is a bit of action going on I toss out all of my med packs.
ditto. one of the things that is currently driving me fucking CRAZY is that both medics and support guys (and there are som many more of them now) ignore your requests for medpacks and ammo. you can jump up and down in front of them. yell at them over chat. join their squad and ask them over mic.

but.they.just.ignore.you.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6673|Canada Eh?

Maj.Do wrote:

You have a hell of a K/D ratio too
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA
dont know what your tryin to say but ok
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6714|US
If you are in a firefight, throwing a medpack will give away your position.  "Oh, a medpack sign just appeared where none of my team mates are.  I wonder if there is someone there."  If you are out of the line of fire, it is sometimes better to hold the pack, especially if your opponents like using grenades.
Tearsofromance
+0|6686|Canada
I usually just throw the packs around a flag, or at the entrances where people walk through (karkand alleyway fir example) so that some people will pick it up without being concious of it harhar happy dayz.
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6628|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Need to do ET/RTCW style reviving, shoot the low health bastards and just res them instead of bothering with heals :p
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6729|Rochester, NY
I throw bags but at the same time I hold them when I only have one left...
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield

LordOfRuin wrote:

Jeez

That is all.

aiki
I'll remember you... the one complaining about medics... and then you ask for relief... there will be none.
Tennouheika
+0|6635

RAIMIUS wrote:

If you are in a firefight, throwing a medpack will give away your position.  "Oh, a medpack sign just appeared where none of my team mates are.  I wonder if there is someone there."  If you are out of the line of fire, it is sometimes better to hold the pack, especially if your opponents like using grenades.
Well, that is fine and all but one cannot see the enemy's med packs, or the medic sign over it anyway. Though you will be able to hear them yelling "Get health, here!"

But stealth in a firefight plays a small part, in my experience.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6718|Melbourne, Australia
rofl yer i tk stupid medics who run from me when i ask for med.... then while there waiutin for thetre 15 seconds.. thel see me over der body takin der kit an using der med paks an revive .. hopefully it teaches em sumthing
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield
I can't understand one word you just typed....
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA
lol^ i can hardly read it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard