InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6657|Cumberland, MD, USA
Well, I have 15 hours of Spec Ops so I can now finally get my Veteran Spec Ops.

I ventured into a Karkand server this morrow with the hopes of getting that piece of shining silver. As I played more and more I realized just how difficult it was (For me, not you uber gods out there.). I could get close, but no dice. It's just too gosh darn hard in Karkand with those pesky tanks and all the PKM'ers. The tanks can be taken out IF you can get behind them, but it nearly can't be done because they concentrate on the spawn points. And the PKM'ers. All I can say is, "GAHHHHHHHH!"

I'm getting Very frustrated at this point so I come to the infinite wisdom of BF2S for aid. What, do you feel, is the best map/number of players to get 20 kills while a Spec Ops with? And I will not do the "get in a tank and blast" thing. I feel that the combat badges need to be earned the correct way.
Maj.Do
+85|6766|good old CA
uhh just play kark 32  and spray and pray
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
Tank and PKM'ers make that too hard as I tried to emphasize in my post. Sorry for being unclear. What maps beside Karkand are best for Spec Ops class?
Maj.Do
+85|6766|good old CA
Sharqi, thats where i got mine.  Work in a good squad and you should overcome the tanks and pkms
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6703
find a server with like say an 18 person max that is set on 64 for people and the rounds last for ever sometimes i get up to 40 kills in one round
syntaxmax642
+32|6638|Seattle
This one is easy... Get on a wake server as commander (as spec ops) and bomb the shit out of the enemy with arty. By the way all the combat badges can be obtained this way. Though for vet and expert you must have the time in already. 

Have fun.

Syntax
rhodri_d
+-2|6679
i got mine on kubra dam, its decent but not the best place for it, as others have said sharqi and karkand which are the best for it.
mpsmith
+5|6686
Try getting expert. 20 kills is child's play- just kill people. There's really no technique.
Jedibrain
+1|6638
Got mine on Karkand with about 20 players on the 64player server.  I was MEC.  Server had 300tickets per side and a 60 minute limit.  I think I got 15 of the 20 kills while defending the hotel checkpoint.  Between C4 booby traps and my G36, I managed to do pretty well.  Took until there were less than 100tickets left though.  If you run my stats, you'll find that I'm not very good, but this was a difficult but doable task for me on this map.  Got it on the first try.  Had tried other servers and failed miserably many times. 

I know it's common sense, but staying alive helps.  YOu don't realize how much time you lose dying all the time. I think I had 21kills and 20 deaths.  Usually I'm a lot closer to 1:2 ratio there.  (Like I said, I'm not very good). 

You could do what I did to get my Vet Sniper.  Get in an APC or tank.  Those kills count, apparently.  I didn't know that, I didn't even know I was past 15 hours for sniper.  I was just playing along on the Kubra Dam map and got it with like 10 tickets left.  It was a pleasant surprise, but I kind of wish I'd gotten in the right way.

Brian
FromTheAshes
+53|6718
Spawn as spec ops  on karkand, take a tank/apc, spawn camp the hotel for (20 i think?) kills.

Drum roll
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6663|South Korea.
Warlord, you can get ANY badge on that map. ANY.
colonel_pwnage
+-1|6647|Springfield, MO
Armor whore for the kills, and claymore whore for the explosives ordinance badge.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6676|USA

InviSniper wrote:

Well, I have 15 hours of Spec Ops so I can now finally get my Veteran Spec Ops.

I ventured into a Karkand server this morrow with the hopes of getting that piece of shining silver. As I played more and more I realized just how difficult it was (For me, not you uber gods out there.). I could get close, but no dice. It's just too gosh darn hard in Karkand with those pesky tanks and all the PKM'ers. The tanks can be taken out IF you can get behind them, but it nearly can't be done because they concentrate on the spawn points. And the PKM'ers. All I can say is, "GAHHHHHHHH!"

I'm getting Very frustrated at this point so I come to the infinite wisdom of BF2S for aid. What, do you feel, is the best map/number of players to get 20 kills while a Spec Ops with? And I will not do the "get in a tank and blast" thing. I feel that the combat badges need to be earned the correct way.
Play 32 player Warlord SF. and wait until the fight goes to the palace. You can earn the BF2 award in SF also.
I got my Expert Spec Ops on that map with 40 kills then it ended. So ihave it for BF2 but nof SF which takes 44 kills.

PEACE
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6663|South Korea.
Yeah any award you get on bf2 can be got in sf, and you get two badges at once normaly, so just do that. "peace" lol.
SolidusSnake12
+2|6651
Just be commander its the easiest ; )
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6663|South Korea.
shhhhhh no one should mention that, you know what EA are like man....
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
You actually think EA pays attention to the community? You're a strange one.

I'm a loser. I couldn't get it the fair way so I had to get Spec Ops and use the Mi-28 on Sharqi (Sp?). Well, thank you all for your input. It's quite appreciated.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6663|South Korea.
Dude, you dont have to do it that way. just use all weapons, some noobs just run head on with the sub and get owned, i use nades, c4, you name it, turrets. Whatever.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6725|'Ull, Yorkshire, England

InviSniper wrote:

And I will not do the "get in a tank and blast" thing. I feel that the combat badges need to be earned the correct way.
Good for you mate.

syntaxmax642 wrote:

This one is easy... Get on a wake server as commander (as spec ops) and bomb the shit out of the enemy with arty. By the way all the combat badges can be obtained this way.
Shame on you

FromTheAshes wrote:

Spawn as spec ops  on karkand, take a tank/apc, spawn camp the hotel for (20 i think?) kills.
And you as well

I agree that combat badges should be earned the hard way, i just passed the 100 hour mark for Sniper and got my Gold badge on the first try today, all on foot and no commander arty strikes.

I'd say the best map to get the high kills on would be Sharqi Peninsula but I see you already took that route and became a hippocrite by using the Mi-28 to get the 20 kills

SHAME ON YOU
Tearsofromance
+0|6700|Canada
Basiacally just play on whatever you want and shoot peeps. Then when you have enough time to get it, play on a server that plays size 64 maps and is either 16 or 22 man (32 is pushing it but meh) Then you can rack up kills in one round easily.
MooseRyder
+37|6669|Montréal, Canada
Chinese commander on Wake Island, use artilery on carrier, i know some would say its a pussy shot, but war is war! lol
noobmurderer
Banned
+1|6638
omfg that badge is so easy to get i got it in the su30 check the awards thread
arson
+99|6650|New York
When I got my expert spec ops and expert explosive ordinance ALL I used was c4. I blew the shiz out of everything... getting called a c4 wh0re always made me smile...  then all of a sudden the drum roll sounded
Maj.Do
+85|6766|good old CA

noobmurderer wrote:

omfg that badge is so easy to get i got it in the su30 check the awards thread
in a jet man come on lol get it as a foot soldier
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
I am not yet fully shamed. I used the helicopter to dazzle and amaze the ground troops. I had 18 kills with many tickets left for each team. I merely used the helicopter to finish off the 20 with the remaining 2 kills.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/INVISNIPER/Veteran.jpg

Last edited by InviSniper (2006-03-09 04:46:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard