Legion_of-Death666
+0|6740
I guess this is one of the awards u really dont want... or????
Torin
+52|6731
Nope, you don't want it, unless you're just obsessed with having every medal available. It is a sign that you did remarkably bad for at least 1 round in your career.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6828|Singapore

i love it.

sadly bf2s shows only one. I would like it to show my 2. I should be gunning for as many as possible. Purple Heart wh0re.
tor11
Grunt
+18|6799|Os , Norway

Torin wrote:

Nope, you don't want it, unless you're just obsessed with having every medal available. It is a sign that you did remarkably bad for at least 1 round in your career.
Do not agree with you on that one, got mine trying to secure flag on wake island as an US, feeding my team mates with ammo and health! So i think its a award like equal the rest! Its a medal of heroism, trying too stoop a greater enemy! So SHU...THE FU.... up, dont come with something like that witout knowing how people got it, dosent mean you are bad at playing. sayings likes this pisses me off! And btw please use the search this thread does exsist !

Last edited by tor11 (2006-03-08 10:06:01)

H3llWeasel
+0|6764
almost inevitable that you'll eventually get it
everyone has their arty-raped/spawn-in-someone's-crosshair rounds
if you're smart you'll probably get it from your first time playing in servers with good people, what you should be doing in order to get better
computermash
+7|6703

tor11 wrote:

Torin wrote:

Do not agree with you on that one, got mine trying to secure flag on wake island as an US, feeding my team mates with ammo and health! So i think its a award like equal the rest! Its a medal of heroism, trying too stoop a greater enemy! So SHU...THE FU.... up, dont come with something like that witout knowing how people got it, dosent mean you are bad at playing. sayings likes this pisses me off!
Just cus u got 1! Is not like u have to TRY to get it.
mycatsdied
+1|6831
At first I thought I never wanted a purple heart as it meaned you sucked. Then I got it while trying to get my vet pistol and I thought about what getting it really means. Out of the 2000 rounds I have played I had one bad round while I was using only my pistol running around the crowded streets of Karkand. 1 out of 2000 aint bad ..... I can live with that.

Everyones entitled to a few rounds that just really dont go your way.
Torin
+52|6731

tor11 wrote:

Torin wrote:

Do not agree with you on that one, got mine trying to secure flag on wake island as an US, feeding my team mates with ammo and health! So i think its a award like equal the rest! Its a medal of heroism, trying too stoop a greater enemy! So SHU...THE FU.... up, dont come with something like that witout knowing how people got it, dosent mean you are bad at playing. sayings likes this pisses me off!
Well if your idea of doing good consists of killing very few people while resupplying friendlies and dying a lot, I guess you did great.

Some of us consider getting killed repeatedly a bad thing.

Last edited by Torin (2006-03-08 10:06:07)

tor11
Grunt
+18|6799|Os , Norway

Torin wrote:

tor11 wrote:

Torin wrote:

Well if your idea of doing good consists of killing very few people while resupplying friendlies and dying a lot, I guess you did great.

Some of us consider getting killed repeatedly a bad thing.
Its tru! But my meanings is that its not a bad medal too get, i got mine when was a neewbe to the game, too day i can doo both, my kill/death ratio show that i have goten killed a lot more than iw killed, but i dont care im getting better! Soo i doo agree with you all in one way! But its not the end of the world if u get it!
tor11
Grunt
+18|6799|Os , Norway

mycatsdied wrote:

At first I thought I never wanted a purple heart as it meaned you sucked. Then I got it while trying to get my vet pistol and I thought about what getting it really means. Out of the 2000 rounds I have played I had one bad round while I was using only my pistol running around the crowded streets of Karkand. 1 out of 2000 aint bad ..... I can live with that.

Everyones entitled to a few rounds that just really dont go your way.
AGREE!
Torin
+52|6731

tor11 wrote:

Its tru! But my meanings is that its not a bad medal too get, i got mine when was a neewbe to the game, too day i can doo both, my kill/death ratio show that i have goten killed a lot more than iw killed, but i dont care im getting better! Soo i doo agree with you all in one way! But its not the end of the world if u get it!
Nope, certainly not the end of the world, just a mark of a bad round. (IMO)

I came close a few times the first few days I had the game, as I got accustomed to everything that had changed since BF1942. For a lot of people with no prior Battlefield experience (be it BF1942, BF:V or BF2), the Purple Heart can be easily obtained, I have no doubts of that. Coming from the perspective of an experience FPS and Battlefield gamer, I see it as a black mark on what usually always becomes a much better BF2 career. I don't know of anyone that maintains a regular 0.25 K/D ratio, so it's not really an indicator that you are a bad player, just that you had a bad round.

Anyways, like you said, not the end of the world. I just don't want one.
Sniekj
+1|6690|Stramproy (netherlands)
I hope i don't get it but i still need my pistol and knife badge, so properly i'm going to get it
one more medal for me LOL
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6696|California
To me the medal represents that when the chips were down I was still trying to give em hell. Everyone else starts crying and leaving and I begin to fight harder. Its the medal that PROVES that I dont quit when losing, Its the "Ill choke you with my own guts" award.

Im proud of mine, its for the toughest of men, NOT for team switchers, deserters, and the babies.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6679|Your moms bedroom
i got mine just as the round ended, 5 kills 20 deaths and 45 team points (ammo and med whoring cause no one else was doing it)
earth.citizen
+4|6778|Miami, FL

tor11 wrote:

Torin wrote:

Do not agree with you on that one, got mine trying to secure flag on wake island as an US, feeding my team mates with ammo and health! So i think its a award like equal the rest! Its a medal of heroism, trying too stoop a greater enemy! So SHU...THE FU.... up, dont come with something like that witout knowing how people got it, dosent mean you are bad at playing. sayings likes this pisses me off! And btw please use the search this thread does exsist !
I still think it means you (more likely than not) screwed up. Here where I work, we call it the medal of shame.
TcS Atrocity
+1|6670
I agree with tor11, there is nothing wrong with this medal. I would like you to go up to a vet and say that to him face to face!! I know this is a game but come on!! I have gotten around 6 of them.

Quote...
(The PURPLE HEART is awarded to members of the armed forces of the U.S. who are wounded by an instrument of war in the hands of the enemy and posthumously to the next of kin in the name of those who are killed in action or die of wounds received in action. It is specifically a combat decoration.) End Quote...

Explained...
http://www.purpleheart.org/explain.html

tor11 wrote:

Big_B1347
+0|6806
i my self am not ashamed (sp) of my purple hearts. since i have been playing i have actaully (sp) counted the amount of times i have gotten them and currently i am up to 22. yes thats right 22 i happen to die alot but i still get respectable scores. so to the people who say that purple hearts are bad try getting 22 of them and still have over 47,000 global points ok so give the guy who is out there getting killed helping the team cap flags or taking out the mines in the humvee to let the tanks and apc's pass safely or the guy who distracts the tank so engineres get the mines out to kill that tank a break. we are people to and play a vital part in the battlefield experince
ArkAng37
+1|6884|San Antonio, TX
NO U DO want it. ITS the best damn metal in all of history!
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6696|California
Perfect example:

Operation Cleansweep:
   We've all been there, USA, they stole your plane. Thats 2 planes, attack heli, and 2 TOWs(constanly taking out APCs and boats).

You either 1) Pull down your pants, bend over and take it like a man.
                2) leave
               3) switch teams
                4) start bitching about how you hate being Base Raped, and state that EA is against such things.

or finally 5) get your purple heart, by any means you go Rambo and cap a few flags. Usually by yourself, killing 5 clueless enemies, at the end of the round you have the highest score on your team.
a fly
+105|6683|The netherlands
i only got 1 in bfhq. but i earned more. and proud of doing so. i dident play games with tanks for more then a month before i spawned in bf2.  i helped my team thought, and thats what olso counts.

ps: commanders, dont worry about killing fellow teammemberws with arty. if it doesent even comes closes to a enemy you still get a point for it!
Mobius_One1021
+3|6757
I'm not ashamed of mine, I got it really early on.  I never played much of the other Battlefields, so when I strted playing this, well.....I shot around as if it was frigging Halo.  I got raped one round and then my friend told me that the MP5 was not a good gun to try and shoot across the map with

Last edited by Mobius_One1021 (2006-03-08 12:04:36)

KtotheIMMY
+513|6802
Haha I don't feel bad now. I too have been awarded the PH twice.

polarbearz wrote:

i love it.

sadly bf2s shows only one. I would like it to show my 2. I should be gunning for as many as possible. Purple Heart wh0re.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6674|South Jersey
I am not ashamed nor proud.  I'm annoyed that I got it on purpose...I realized I had 5 kills, 13 deaths in karkand so i just kept getting killed til i got it.  I never though of this way: Not having it means you almost never have a bad round.  But now I have it, and I'm stuck with it.

Also, anyone know why the bf2 purple heart has a star on it and the actual one has a guy on it?I dunno who it is, which is pathetic i suppose.(Ben franklin....?)
TigrisJK
+3|6765
Don't have mine yet. But if you look at my stats, I don't have my basic knife yet. I suppose I'll get one eventually when trying for that badge. Or not. Not would be prefereable.
cam420
+1|6689
Alls a pruple heart means is u found out about spawn camping on karknad for your first time

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard