BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6773|London UK

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/ … nkclip.jpg

For those who dont know what I mean. I know it would be a bit annoying at first, especially on some of the city maps. But, I sometimes think it would force the tank player to use a bit more skill and it would make the game more realistic. (yes I know BF2 isnt realistic, but just look at that pic, does look a little silly doesnt it?)

It would force the tank to stay in more open places, and while I think it wouldnt make much difference on more open maps, it would force the tank whore on city maps to use just a little more skill.

Thoughts?
Atlas
+0|6681
That's very interesting, maybe even one of the better random ideas I have read. I would go for something like this, clipping is generally bad in any game, it looks silly, and in BF2 it would be a balance measure as well.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6656|Brisbane, Australia

even better would be letting you swing the tank turret around and KO the Spec's trying to C4 your ass
w00tson
+0|6628|Schmuckland

BUDFORCE wrote:

it would force the tank whore on city maps to use just a little more skill.
Yes, it would, BUT it would also make BF2 a lot more irritating. Imagine getting your barrel stuck in all kinds of stupid places. I know I would blow some fuses if I got stuck in the middle of a dogfight with another tank.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
the clipping issues need to be fixed. Too many times I've knifed poor fellows because their feet stick out of the fence.

The weird thing is about the Tanks.. To the driver, his barrel isn't sticking through at all. The barrel is much shorter to the driver.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6773|London UK

I agree, it would be annoying as hell at first.

But I think after a while you would learn not to get to close to walls etc
Umibozu_IT
+15|6648|Italy
good idea. i totally agree
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

Agreed. Use it like a baton too
Inquatitis
+1|6639
id like to see it happen, but just think about all the potential coding a collision problems that could happen.
CackNBallz
+45|6743|Toronto, Canada
Yeah smurf those Spec Ops and Engineers in the face with your boom stick trying to get at you.  And maybe even knock around a few Vodniks and Humvees.

What if the turret itself takes damage and breaks off?  That would be hilarious to see!
TC><Injecter
+4|6829|Berlin, Germany
The thing it crashes into would break first xD

Last edited by TC><Injecter (2006-03-08 08:09:42)

ComradeWho
+50|6695|Southern California
reminds me of kelly's heroes
BudRell
+2|6838|Home
One other thing...if you shoot the barrel of another tank, does it count as a hit or miss ???
Loz
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!
+56|6678|Umm... Home?
I think that the tank turret should be shorther for city maps.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6775|Nova Scotia, Canada

So, if a suicide bomber tried ramming your tank, the turret would go through his winshield and impale him?
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6701
I think you should be able to joust with the tank barrel as well.

Alot of other things clip as well. Especially the rotor blades of a helicopter. I know it would be alot harder to fly if the blades hit everything they touched.
Havazn
+39|6694|van.ca

Skruples wrote:

Alot of other things clip as well. Especially the rotor blades of a helicopter. I know it would be alot harder to fly if the blades hit everything they touched.
Where do you then draw the line between 'easy' and 'real'. Im sure it would be REAL easy to fly a chopper if you could fly it through all the buildings and tree but it wouldnt be 'realistic'. It might be harder to fly if the clip was removed, but at least its 100% accurate in terms of collision.
Tennouheika
+0|6636

https://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4404/screenshot00083ug.jpg
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6701

Havazn wrote:

Skruples wrote:

Where do you then draw the line between 'easy' and 'real'. Im sure it would be REAL easy to fly a chopper if you could fly it through all the buildings and tree but it wouldnt be 'realistic'. It might be harder to fly if the clip was removed, but at least its 100% accurate in terms of collision.
I dont know, where do YOU draw the line between 'real' and 'fun'? It probably wouldnt be very fun if you had to attend a mission briefing, get clearance from the traffic controller and then fly for two hours just to get to the battle. Or perhaps if there was wind variation in game, and flying at low levels put you in danger of being pushed into random objects? Or if the weather was so severe the commanders didnt want to risk fielding aircraft, and kubra dam turned into a groundpounding session.

Battlefield 2 is designed to straddle the line between realistic and fun. If helicopters in game were designed to be absolutely realistic in terms of handling and collision, only a very small percentage of players would even be able to take off without running into things.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard