lowing
Banned
+1,662|6692|USA
I fly the 172 and Cherokee 140.......trained in the Piper Tomahawk....Also an A&P
[SPF]Yzerman
+3|6675|TX
Current airline pilot.  CRJ-200, -700, and -900.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6803

[SPF]Yzerman wrote:

Mesa?
nowbrdr123
Banned
+15|6595
give me negative karma
[SPF]Yzerman
+3|6675|TX

usmarine2005 wrote:

[SPF]Yzerman wrote:

Mesa?
Yes.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6621

Talon wrote:

F16_Aggressor wrote:

I'd like to know, if there are more bf2 players on this forum that are pilot in real-life.
I am myself a F16C pilot at Volkel Netherlands airbase 302Sqn cpt. Richard.
Flew for 1200 flight hours in my F16C.

I know BF2 isnt any realistic about flying, but i like it.

Please share your aviation background.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Neth … _Air_Force

Interesting that the 302nd squadron doesnt seem to exist. Either a typo and you ment the 312th or you're bullshitting us.
Am I the only one who read this post, and wonders why still no answer from f16?
remo
+20|6618

Talon wrote:

F16_Aggressor wrote:

I'd like to know, if there are more bf2 players on this forum that are pilot in real-life.

Interesting that the 302nd squadron doesnt seem to exist. Either a typo and you ment the 312th or you're bullshitting us.
You're taking Wiki as gospel?  Come on now.  Seriously. 

People would believe anything on the internet.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6603|Here.
I have a mate who works ground defense for the RAAF and I know another bloke who's an electronics tech in the RAAF.

If I was to serve in the military, a fighter pilot is what I'd want to be.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6621
Hey I'm just wondering why no answer from the original poster
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6803

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

Hey I'm just wondering why no answer from the original poster
He was posting this earlier this morning, so i believe it is late where he lives.  I am sure he will answer tomorrow morning.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6621
cool

and for anyone in the service here or anywhere else in the world, you get a lot of respect from me, you got more balls than my lazy ass
Defiance
+438|6712

Playing on a somewhat empty (2-3 people) I was chatting with one guy that said he got his start in F-15s (when we chatted about the best planes in BF2) so I'm not sure if it was true or not, but he was a damn good J-10 pilot
RimReaper
+8|6744
I fly for a living like a couple of you on here.  I have just under 2000 hours of total flying experience, and none of that is military, but the basics are the same across the board.

Here are some things you should know...

1)  While in a dive in your jet, it should be impossible to cut the power and actually slow down to the point of a stall.  Jets are slick and tend to accelerate in a dive, even at zero "thrust".  This all relates to the ridiculous "reverse thrust" that these jets have.  None of them are built to go in reverse and for Pete's sake if they were, it would NOT work in the air.

2)  What the guys said about going faster at higher altitudes is true, to a point.  Every aircraft has a "mid range" where it will perform the best.  At low altitudes you have butt loads of power, but a dense atmosphere to push through.  At the mega high altitudes, air is less dense, but your available power begins to decrease causing you to lose speed again.  Less air, less fuel burn, less power, ish...

3)  Someone mentioned missiles running out of steam and he's right.  Missiles with motors that only burn for a few seconds will get up to speed super fast, but once the motor's done, that missile can't produce any more energy.  Every time it makes a turn, it will trade off some speed to make the direction change.  If an aircraft is far enough away and is turning and climbing like an SOB, the missile will eventually run out of juice and won't be able to stay on target.

4)  The term "stall" doesn't refer to your engines quitting.  We call that a "failure" in the biz.  A stall is where the aircraft is no longer producing lift.  This can result from flying too damn slow or pulling up too abruptly (which all the BF2 aircraft do).  However, modern fighter aircraft have computers that prevent the pilot from doing anything stupid like that, so don't worry about it

That's about it.  Good luck to all you guys just getting started, it's a hoot

Rim
Defiance
+438|6712

1) If there is someone that didn't know this, god help them from jumping in front of the bus because it's shiny.

2) True, the low O2 levels don't contribute to the engines burn. Silly oxygen...

3) But cruise missles last forever... although I wonder how long a sidewinder will go for, I believe that's what's used in BF2.

4) Some stupid people manage to get around those like the Su-17 crashing into an aircraft show crowd killing hundreds after stalling 30 feet off the ground.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6756|US
I know F4s in Vietnam were able to pull up, then quickly push down to avoid SAMs.  The timing was a little tricky though...   At least with older SAMs, a tight turn could save a pilot, if done in the right direction and at the right time.

Hopefully, I can get my medical DQs waivered.  If I can, I will fly for the USAF.
Defiance
+438|6712

True, the F4s dived but the vietnamese would send more then one and it's the second or third that usually shot em down.

Stupid flying telephone poles (SAMs)

Last edited by Defiance (2006-05-29 20:36:51)

RimReaper
+8|6744
If the first bounce doesn't kill you...

I'm not sure what exactly was going on with that SU-33 or whatever it was, but if I remember he was in a spin, which carried on too long, so when he recovered he was in a low speed nose high decending attitude when he poured the coals too it.  Not a good spot for all that metal to be in so close to the ground
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6598

siciliano732 wrote:

it just sucks that to be a pilot you have to have perfect vision....i was goin to join the AF to become one but i dont have perfect vision.....close....but not perfect
Get laser eye surgery man. Geebz!
KVNY
+25|6697|SoCal
I'm a Cadet in the Civil Air Patrol and i've soloed in a glider.  Currently working on getting my Private glider liscence.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6803

KVNY wrote:

I'm a Cadet in the Civil Air Patrol and i've soloed in a glider.  Currently working on getting my Private glider liscence.
A glider?  You are a crazy bastard.  I don't think I could fly something that didn't have an engine.  Hats off to you.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6662|London, England
Can anyone explain how they got into the Aviation scene, i'm really interested but i have no real idea how to actually get into it. (Doesn't have to be military), i'm thinking it's similar in terms of learning to drive etc.. but i'm not sure.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2006-05-30 08:26:01)

RimReaper
+8|6744
Mekstizzle.

It's way easier than you think.  Just go to your local municpal airport, not the big international one, they're all in too big a hurry out there.  Once you get there just walk into any flying club and say "I have lots of money,  but no pilot's license"  You'll be in there in no time.

But seriously, it is a little expensive to get your basic private pilot's license for flying you and your friends around, but anyone can do it, so go for it!

Let me know how it goes
Absinthe
+18|6797
I'm now a Ramp Supervisor in Ben Gurion intl. Airport.

In my military service I've been in the IAF Flight Academy for a little more then 1 year.
I flew basic 1 prop engine plane, and two seater Fouga training jet ("Tzukit").
https://tisanet.co.il/Tisanet/Art_photo/Zikit/Image2.jpg
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6777|DUTCH snap ik!

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

Talon wrote:
F16_Aggressor wrote:

You're taking Wiki as gospel?  Come on now.  Seriously. 

People would believe anything on the internet.
he aint bullshitting F16_aggressor i know him in RL and yes indeed about the time it's now morning he will respond soon i presume so you will hear it soon!!
and F16 you created a good topic hehe alot of ppl are responding about it !!
so you guys wait until f16 responds !!
Greetings ThePriest1750
F16_Aggressor
+10|6734

Talon wrote:

F16_Aggressor wrote:

312Sqn, dont whine about a typo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard