XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6647|Chandler, AZ
So our clan has been togeather for a couple months now, and we have about 10-15 mebmbers, and were kicking around the idea of getting a server. But we cant figure out how to get the money to pay for one. Most of us are pretty selesh, and are content on playing on other servers, but some of us want our own...

We've been kicking around the idea of Google Adsense, but were unsure if thats the best wayu to go...

anyone have any expirence or suggestions with this kind of stuff?

xUNDEROAThx21

oh, heres our clan site too...

http://365th.cjb.net/
BF2KrewCooper
+0|6647|Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey, I know exactly what your going through.  My clan is looking to buy our own ranked server.  We have an unranked, but it's much cheaper than a ranked.  A 32 ranked would be about $100 a month.  That's the cheapest I could find.  I'm interested in this subject too.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
addict10n
+1|6768
Right now we are a  multi-gaming clan and we have a dedicated server from Hypernia. Dedicated servers take a lot more work but for $150/month we have 2 Battlefield 2 servers (one ranked), 2 FEAR Servers, 2 HaloPC servers, Teamspeak, and some other small things. All of this would cost our clan around $350/month if we paid for each server individually. Hypernia comes with a Free ranked server for the price of the box. If you are planning on running a ranked server along with a match server I'd look at hypernia first.
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6647|Chandler, AZ
yaa, those Hypernia servers are a REALLY good deal cnsidering how much you get...But that might be out of our price range for now....

maybe a few more mebers and a few more paypal donations, and we'll be good...
gigguls
+0|6689
how many you have? so far
The Bartenders Son
+42|6684|online
Time Share is a good thing... check out www.drunksrus.com we have a server..
if you like to pay for 1/2 we can do a time share... what do you think?
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6647|Chandler, AZ

gigguls wrote:

how many you have? so far
about 10 active members(like we do a scrim or practice every week, and theyre the ones who show up)....but 30 overall registerd on our site....

I like the idea of a timeshare....do you have any specifics? That website of yours looks prety good, but I didnt know where to look in there....Its a really well-done site though....
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
tell em to donate 10 bucks a month if they wanna be admin and shit, and ask for donations on ur site
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BF2KrewCooper
I'm not sure about asking for dues or anything.  Donations I understand.  I'm afraid that dues would possibly drive players away.  I don't think donations would bring in enough money.  Is there any good way to raise money?  Advertising maybe?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6761|AUS, Canberra
bikini carwash
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6735|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
^^^^^^^

Lol
pep
+0|6617|UK
I think the only way you can run server is that members to support it.  10 members should be enough to support a server.

What you can do is to set up 2 level admins

high level admins - core supporters who is keen to support servers - will pay more and get full admin access.
low level admins - pay half price and get baisc punting right.

And you hire a affordable small srever to start with and incrase the server size when you have more support.
A=10
+-2|6777|U.K DURHAM
pimp out the other players
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6746
Financing our server has always been an issue, we do have a 40 man ranked server, however its only kept up by the larger contributions of our older members.

Ways you can help finance your server are too have advertisments on your website, offer low level admin &/or reserved slots on your server & sell them regulars & members of the public.

Also you will find that paying for a server in advance e.g. 3 months rather than a single month will work out slightly cheaper.
BF2KrewCooper
Does anyone know how to go about advertising on your site?  Is there a site that you can use to advertise or what not?  What's a good price to sell reserve slots for?  Also, does anyone know of any good ranked server providers?
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6647|Chandler, AZ

BF2KrewCooper wrote:

Does anyone know how to go about advertising on your site?  Is there a site that you can use to advertise or what not?  What's a good price to sell reserve slots for?  Also, does anyone know of any good ranked server providers?
the best price (i can imagine) for a ranked server slot is 3$ USD...and for unranked, $2.50 USD...

but so far, I havent benn able to fins those numbers, usually, its 3.50/3.00....\\
dietcokeBF2
Nuke Um Good
+12|6731|San Clemente
i know where to get um for 2 bucks RANKED!
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6647|Chandler, AZ

dietcokeBF2 wrote:

i know where to get um for 2 bucks RANKED!
if your not kidding...i love you...
BF2KrewCooper
lol yeah, seriously
dietcokeBF2
Nuke Um Good
+12|6731|San Clemente
no joke! i promis! ill get his site for u!
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6754

Just rob a bank, that's what I did

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard