Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

Wow... I never expected that =/ poor Edgar he was one of my favorite characters.

What I want to know is:

A) Why didn't they have GAS MASKS in CTU? Or did they suddenly become FEMA?

B) Why didn't Cloe just shut off the ventilation system?
Markimus
Administrator
+65|6606|Canada
Wtf.. are you saying that the guy that gets the key card uses one of the cannisters in CTU?
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

I know, Edgar was one of my favorites too! That really sucked! And I can answer your questions.

A) They probably did have gas masks somewhere, but there was no time to get to them.

B) Yeah, Chloe should have shut off the ventilation but enough had already got through to kill a lot of people.

Now I can't wait to see next week's episode.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
Lots of loop holes in this episode.

1. The guy gets a keycard, some how claims to reprogram the keycard. For some odd reason a keycard has all the security information needed on it to grant anyone access to a highly secure government location. Nevermind that the card still operates with Lynn's ID code and hence the name Lynn would come up when scanning it at the front door. They don't apparently check with a secure central database when checking people in to see if the card matches the database info or else the pictures wouldn't match up.  HUGE security mistake in plot and action and was obviously overlooked to formulate the loophole.

2. Apparently in all these locations where the nerve gas is to be released, they can't just shut down the ventilation system. That would be too easy. Instead they have to find the damn thing (which we all known is always located near an air intake for the ventilation system) and then they have to run out of the building with it (the hospital scene).  And yes why when the canister was discovered to be there at CTU did they just not turn off the ventilation system or put the gas through a bio filter and exhaust it into the air? Obviously the place is set up for biological contamination because of the AIRTIGHT sealed locations that there only seems to be 3 of in the entire building.

This episode was filled with mistakes and loopholes. Edgar dies yes.. that was sad. But there was no damn good reason any of this in CTU should have happened.  I just hope in all this Lynn died.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-03-07 01:24:22)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Hurricane
Banned

Lynn remains in holding in the aftermath of the attack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_McGill
Rathji
+1|6653
This episode was the most tragic since Jack had to kill Chappelle.

The real question is, will Tony predictably gut Henderson like a fish, or will he control himself long enough for some information to be gained.
bearded_khazak
+0|6597

Rathji wrote:

This episode was the most tragic since Jack had to kill Chappelle.

The real question is, will Tony predictably gut Henderson like a fish, or will he control himself long enough for some information to be gained.
Chappelle - I've only seen half of season 1, all of 4, and up to this point in 5.
That sux that they killed Palmer in the first five minutes of the season though!

The real question is - will Henderson die of too much torture, and, or will everyone in the med bay die when the seals eventually fail...

Where's Curtis during all of this?

Poor "not essential to the plot line" CTU staff.
Poor Edgar - I kinda' liked him.
Hurricane
Banned

Edgar was damn essential IMO. Also, didn't they, at the beginning of the season, say that it is a small chance that one could not get klled by Sentox? What if he 'rises from the dead' next episode??

I think Curtis and the CTU attack team were still at the Hospital, they never showed them going back to CTU.

Why would the seals fail? I know Chloe said they were starting to fail, but from what? Don't tell me the nerve gas can destroy plastics too -_-
bearded_khazak
+0|6597

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Edgar was damn essential IMO. Also, didn't they, at the beginning of the season, say that it is a small chance that one could not get klled by Sentox? What if he 'rises from the dead' next episode??

I think Curtis and the CTU attack team were still at the Hospital, they never showed them going back to CTU.

Why would the seals fail? I know Chloe said they were starting to fail, but from what? Don't tell me the nerve gas can destroy plastics too -_-
That would be cool if Edgar made it. I hope he does, he did save them in season four from a nuclear holocaust!

As far as the seals breaking - I don't know; though it is 24 and the unexpected happens - like when Jack shot Henderson's wife!
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

The seals were failing?? I never heard that.
I thought on the preview for next show it said that a rescue group was having trouble attempting to rescue them
Too bad for Edgar - He was the best... Maybe his... uh extra thick body (lol very neutral term) saved him from the nerve gas
Hurricane
Banned

It was in the preview for the next episode. Jack went off to disable to Sentox canistor or something and said he needed help. Chloe said the seals were being worn down. And the ultra-lame announcer said "One person will make TEH OOLTUMIT SAKRIFEICE".
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

OH! OH! OH!
Pick Me! Pick Me!
Edgar??

jk

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2006-03-07 19:01:18)

Hurricane
Banned

Terrorist [Sentox Nerve Agent] E. Stiles

E. Stiles: I need a Medic!
Clear!
All right, you're good to go!
E. Stiles: I guess I had too many burritos

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard