Syran_the_Heretic
+19|6703
I've been flying choppers for awhile and I consider myself pretty good with them, especially with the Apache Longbow which I adore. In SF I always seem to get screwed over with the Mi-35 Hind. What the fuck is wrong with the handling? Why does it fly like it's a FAT PIG. Its missiles seem to fire in a wider spread, making it harder to kill targets, and as far as I know there is nothing that makes up for this huge handicap...

Some people may tell me to learn how to fly it but I absolutely disagree, it is practically impossible to pull off fast clean maneuvers with this chopper compared to the Apache Longbow. I just wish they would figure it out and realize they are giving this chopper a huge handicap for no reason and anyone flying it is at a serious disadvantage!!

- A frustrated chopper pilot
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6635
The Mi-24 Hind is the Rebel Attack Helicopter. The Russian Air Force flies them. In real life they can transpot and be a very good Attack Helo. Thats why the controls are heavy and bulky, theres alot of weight. Look at it as realism instead of a handicap. As I do in real life but in an aircraft, use altitude to your advantage! Stay high and attack in long almost "carpet-bombing" with the rockets and your co-gunner. I perfer the AH-1 or the Cobra more. Whores can be choosie!

Last edited by 1stLt.MikeUSAF (2006-03-07 16:38:38)

jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680
I fell you man the Hind is worthless . It feels like it's just simply broken lol . All slow , cluggy pos control . You don't even have uber armour to kind of balance things out . You still get wasted by AA like your flying a paper air plane . And to top it off the big thick bars that run across the glass is just fucking annoying as hell . Hate that chopper to death . Never use it at all lol .
RECONDO67
+60|6637|miami FL
This chopper flies like a plane more than an attack helo thats the way russians did it in afghanistan in the 80"s
xhashashinx
Banned
+0|6654
Press F9.....u Wont See Any More Bars.....
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

Syran_the_Heretic wrote:

I've been flying choppers for awhile and I consider myself pretty good with them, especially with the Apache Longbow which I adore. In SF I always seem to get screwed over with the Mi-35 Hind. What the fuck is wrong with the handling? Why does it fly like it's a FAT PIG. Its missiles seem to fire in a wider spread, making it harder to kill targets, and as far as I know there is nothing that makes up for this huge handicap...

Some people may tell me to learn how to fly it but I absolutely disagree, it is practically impossible to pull off fast clean maneuvers with this chopper compared to the Apache Longbow. I just wish they would figure it out and realize they are giving this chopper a huge handicap for no reason and anyone flying it is at a serious disadvantage!!

- A frustrated chopper pilot
I agree on the Mi35 Hind flying like a ton of bricks compared to the Apache Longbow.

You can notice the diference best on the map Ghost Town. Using the Apache I dive in between the buildings and because it is lighter it handles better.

You have to see the Hind like their transport chopper, but then better armed. The reason why it is so bulky is that it is bassicly a flying APC unlike the Apache and Cobra which are purely assault choppers.

During the Afghanistan war, the russian used the Hind to drop of troops in area's which would be unreachable by vehicle or foot.
SlickWRX
+6|6744
Learn how to fly.  I've had no problems taking out other people in Apaches while flying the Hind.  It just takes practice.  I actually think all of the choppers in this game have been screwed to make them easier for noobs to fly.  None of them turn while in a hover worth a crap.  Go try to fly a chopper in Desert Combat.  That took skill.  I miss how sensitive the controls were.  Especially with the littlebirds.  Also the choppers in this game are meant as more of a weapons platform.  You're supposed to be lining up your gunner on good ground targets, not flying between buildings at 150MPH like a jackass.  I like that though when I'm in a tank.  Go ahead and fly low so I can get in a good round with the main gun.

Oh yeah the guy whining about the thick bars in the cockpit of the Hind.  Um.  All you have to do is hit "C" once and all of the cockpit crap goes away.  This works on all choppers.  Be careful not to hit it twice though as it goes to a third person camera view.
Syran_the_Heretic
+19|6703
My issue is not so much shooting targets (I find it a lot harder) but moreso you are at the mercy of AA when it's so difficult to do quick dodging maneuvers or fly away quickly. If its controls are so much more sluggish it should at least take more of a pounding than the Apache which it doesn't.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6650|South Korea.

jonnykill wrote:

I fell you man the Hind is worthless . It feels like it's just simply broken lol . All slow , cluggy pos control . You don't even have uber armour to kind of balance things out . You still get wasted by AA like your flying a paper air plane . And to top it off the big thick bars that run across the glass is just fucking annoying as hell . Hate that chopper to death . Never use it at all lol .
Roffelcakes, my thoughts exact.
Kayback
+-1|6813
I've only flown the Hind a couple of times, but I'm a shit pilot in any plane.

However I personally think EA missed a huge opportunity to make the Hind a decent aircraft.

All it is now is a slightly worse handling ANY OTHER ATTACK CHOPTER IN THE GAME. WHy bother putting it in?

They should have made the Hind do what it does IRL. Blow stuff up, and then deploy troops. Personally I'd change the Hind to the Mi 24 F model. This is the Russian Hind. The Mi-35 is the EXPORT version of the Mi 24E and the Mi 35 P is the EXPORT version of the Mi 24 F. However instead of a chin mounted gatling gun, it used twin sid emounted 30mm cannons.  Give the pilot the use of the cannons, give the gunner the AT missiles and the FFAR's. Think of how that would change the gameplay? Well the pilot would have to fly his pants off basically. That would be a new skill they could learn.

Make it be able to carry a squad.

Jack of all trades master of none?

They could have also inserted the AH-60 attack version of the Blackhawk, the Battlehawk. That means the Hind would have been useful, with a load of troops to offset the manouverability, the unique weapon setup to allow player skill growth, and the AH60 to make things fun.

KBK
SlickWRX
+6|6744

Syran_the_Heretic wrote:

My issue is not so much shooting targets (I find it a lot harder) but moreso you are at the mercy of AA when it's so difficult to do quick dodging maneuvers or fly away quickly. If its controls are so much more sluggish it should at least take more of a pounding than the Apache which it doesn't.
If you're relying on being able to dodge AA then you're screwed even in the Apache.  As far as getting away from an area quickly, its very easy if you're flying the Hind right.  You should NOT be flying nap of the earth in the Hind normally.  You should be flying high and level lining up your gunner for shots.  You should not be strafing everything in sight with your missles.  Save those for encounters with other choppers.  Also you should be on some kind of voice com with your gunner.  Also you and your gunner should know where all of the AA placements on a map are and should be going by and destroying them on a regular basis.  If you do find a FAV or Vodnic firing at you you can sacrifice your altitude for speed and get away very quickly.  If you're low to the ground to begin with then you can't and you're screwed.  Flying near the ground is a very bad idea anyhow unless you are moving extremely fast as you will be a perfect target for tanks.  If you take any substantial damage (1/3 or more is my rule of thumb) immediately hightail it back to your pad for repairs.  I have been able to last from the beginning to the round to the end of the round on Surge and Ghosttown for sure.  Maybe some others too.
Unitedsas
+0|6641
personally if i get the hind on iron gator i try to steal ther apache by sweeping up and down the flight deck but i diliberatly hover so my gunner can take the ground forces and the mounted aa thing with a tv. Still the apache kiks ass
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6742|In your head
It maneuvers like shit but if you guys actually stuck around and took fire and didn't run away you yould find it has very good armor. Thi smakes up for it's cow likeness.
DeathCalibre
+0|6744
I have no issue with it?

Got my helo ribbons in that chopper the first day 1.2 came out on Iron Gator and I was MEC...

It's a heavy, bulky helo to be sure - but that's what I learnt to fly in... now when I go back to the Apache's etc, they feel like a cakewalk!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6647
Hind has more armor than the Apache btw. Least it did before 1.2. I haven't really tested it since then.
PRiMACORD
+190|6626|Home of the Escalade Herds
You can do more tricks with it then the Apache and in most situations it is better then the Apache at anti-infantry work (more space between rockets, better ability to 'cluster' bomb an area).

It's different and i like it, if you're going up against a decent Apache pilot in one i would recommend evasive tactics. Sneaking up on Apaches is nice if you can get both missiles to connect on it's broad side.

It would be nice if it could actually carry 8 passengers like the real one could. It could use some more armor to...
RockySAD
+1|6617
they have made the handling better in patch 1.3 and ya i know what ur talking about it SUCKS at flying the piece of cardboard shit.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6596|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i tested the MI-24 HIND after 1.2 and its not very noticable difference in the armor, it can still take a few dirrect AA hits before dying. the advantage of the hind is its armor and ability to strafe targets.
Nintendogamer
+72|6588|Chelmsford, UK
The handeling is proberbly perfect compared to the Eurocopter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard