SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6784|Perth, Western Australia
Sorry to open another topic, but I felt it was necessary

Its a fake. 3 supprrting reasons:

1. None of the players on either side are using unlocks except him. After checking some of the stats of the players he capped in the video they all have at least a few unlocks, and even if you watch the scoreboard while he is playing he is the only one with unlocks, not even once does another unlocks pop up.

2. No one screams at him. BF2 players may have the fastest reflexes in the world to be able to type "WTF" when something bad or unsual happens. And furthermore, if you look closely at the chat/radio area no messages pop up. Even when that tank was firing at him in all reality it would have stopped to type something if he hadnt died while he was just standing there.

3. All the maps are 16 player size, and therefore single player size. This may not sound like much but when you look at the fact the every player is missing him so badly in the second bit (where he first demonstrates long distance knifing), but he still manages to take some damage then that just screams inept singleplayer bots to me.

So what we have here is a hoax. Some guy that editted bf2s singleplayer files to make it look like he was on a public server by giving himself unlocks and changing the names of all of the players to the names of real players from around the world, and then modded the game, somewhat like the similar themed Slaughter Mod, which is basically an overkill mod.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6787|England
What video is this?
[BSF]Nexar
Banned
+4|6665|3 Miles East of Smurf Village
no, you're wrong, if you look there is a Ark-Angel-BSF- in the video. Thats my clan leader, and it must have been taken awhile back because he didnt have his prefix tags on.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6820|Belgium

The fellow uses the L96A1, so it can't be very old, and it is possible to change the names of all the bots at your own disposable. So it might explain why this isn't been reported before. I'm not saying it is not a hack, but SharkyMcshark makes some valid points.

Cheers,
R
[RSN]FSK.nor
+16|6668

[BSF]Nexar wrote:

no, you're wrong, if you look there is a Ark-Angel-BSF- in the video. Thats my clan leader, and it must have been taken awhile back because he didnt have his prefix tags on.
Just what he said, he took real life names into singelplayer. Ask you leader if he experiensed what happened in the video.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6740

Then How the Fuck did he mange to survie a tank and 7 guys at the same time?
How did he manage to have a sniper become an automatic?
BerryBlastKoolAid
+0|6675
Pretty pathetic to fake a cheating video and brag about it.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6820|Belgium

Well, he hacked the game... but it is very likely he did in single player. Otherwise punkbuster would notice it (hopefully).

Anyway a cheat that obvious wouldn't go unnoticed for long.

Cheers,
R
The0wner
+0|6652
um dude if your going to complain about a video or something you show a LINK TO THE MOVIE
uk.solidsnake
+3|6707|England, UK
Here is the link for those asking: http://files.filefront.com/frackwmv/;48 … einfo.html

Anyway, the video is obviously fake. There is no way to make those kind of changes to the game and play on a ranked server, some kid has obviously discovered how to make a mod and realised he could enlarge his e-penis by pretending to have some godlike hack.

The easiest way to tell is to look at how the other players respond, very bot like, when shot at they slowly turn to try and look/shoot at you. They always show very idiotic and basic bot like behvior, not taking cover, all grouping together in bunches in corners and in the middle of the street.

The bottom line is, cheats these days can't include changes that alter the way a gun shoots, ammo it holds, hit detection becauses it's handled exclusively in a client/server fashion, if things don't match up it won't work. Just like if you tried to play a BF2 mod on a ranked server or tried using an old version of the game on the latest servers, you simply can't.

The reason you get cheats that have Aimbots and Wallhacks is because those basically modify the way the game is rendered. Wallhacks change the renderer vars to remove textures, lighting, etc. Aimbots generally just change the player models or add something to the model so the mouse cursor can jump to a colour/point it recognises that is defined by the program.
sp3ts
+0|6663
Its a singleplayer mod for sure, the way the bots move is a dead giveaway. Also the bots have the ability to throw their grenades with pinpoint accuracy (it lands right beside him).
Emetchar
+0|6711
Now that I look closer, there are a few AIisms...
1. The way they move (in a straight line, very little strafing)
2. In the first scene the vehicle that explodes has 4 people in it (when does that ever happen?)
3. The pinpoint grenade thrown from a relativley long distance
4. The support guy in the grenade scene was spraying bullets everywhere, far too innaccurately to be real.
5. The 5 guys he kills with the SRAW are all trying to hit the APC with grenades while standing out in the open.
6. (the biggest giveaway) The enemy commander called artillery on a single guy on top of a building easily accessable by ladder (by non-AI). Try it out, just climb up a ladder and start doing shit in single-player.

Well, you gotta hand it to him, he fooled a ton of people.
l41e
+677|6647

Emetchar wrote:

5. The 5 guys he kills with the SRAW are all trying to hit the APC with grenades while standing out in the open.
THIS IS THE BIGGEST GIVEAWAY OF ALL.

From since the BF1942 demo, the easiest way to realize that it's a bot is that it throws nades at your tank (probably the most retarded thing to do to a tank except for shooting small arms at it). The second-biggest is that someone RUNS UP and gets in the T-90's turret. In the middle of a firefight. Most MP tank's I've seen have the death-trap F2 position empty. On the other hand, coms (computer players) get in tank MGs whenever they can.

My opinion? Fake.
ComradeWho
+50|6694|Southern California

k30dxedle wrote:

Emetchar wrote:

THIS IS THE BIGGEST GIVEAWAY OF ALL.

From since the BF1942 demo, the easiest way to realize that it's a bot is that it throws nades at your tank (probably the most retarded thing to do to a tank except for shooting small arms at it). The second-biggest is that someone RUNS UP and gets in the T-90's turret. In the middle of a firefight. Most MP tank's I've seen have the death-trap F2 position empty. On the other hand, coms (computer players) get in tank MGs whenever they can.

My opinion? Fake.
i agree with you but i just want to pick on a small thing and that is in bf1942 tanks took relatively large damage from grenades (when compared to now) so if you had a few guys lobbin em you could take out a tank. did it many many many times.
l41e
+677|6647

True. But it's still bot behavior.
dubbs
+105|6631|Lexington, KY
First, now where is it said that he was on a ranked server.  To take it a step further, no one said that he was on a public server.  As for bots, they do not shot at people on top of buildings. Also, when he is running through the streets with the knife and kills a guy, the one behind him turns and shoots, bots do not do this either. N00bs do stupid things like run into the street in groups. As for some one typing WTF, the person could have edited the video, which was clearly done, and cut that part out.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6754
I cant say for certain that this is a fake or not, but looking at what we do know, that the clan who produced this video are known hackers (not just in BF2) then we can assume that there may be some truth to the viedo & that nothing in it can be instantly dismissed, nor can the video 'clear' that clan of actual hacking, because it may be a fake.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6775|UK
Bleh
+4|6630
it just looks like a mod, eg stunt mod.

i remember one for BF1942 (for making crazy videos, etc) simimar to the one in the video.
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine
If you edit the weapon files and then try to join a ranked server with punkbuster, you'll get the "modified content" error, so he is either 1) on an un-ranked non-punkbustered server, or, 2) in singleplayer.
Linus
+53|6652

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Sorry to open another topic, but I felt it was necessary

Its a fake. 3 supprrting reasons:

1. None of the players on either side are using unlocks except him. After checking some of the stats of the players he capped in the video they all have at least a few unlocks, and even if you watch the scoreboard while he is playing he is the only one with unlocks, not even once does another unlocks pop up.

2. No one screams at him. BF2 players may have the fastest reflexes in the world to be able to type "WTF" when something bad or unsual happens. And furthermore, if you look closely at the chat/radio area no messages pop up. Even when that tank was firing at him in all reality it would have stopped to type something if he hadnt died while he was just standing there.

3. All the maps are 16 player size, and therefore single player size. This may not sound like much but when you look at the fact the every player is missing him so badly in the second bit (where he first demonstrates long distance knifing), but he still manages to take some damage then that just screams inept singleplayer bots to me.

So what we have here is a hoax. Some guy that editted bf2s singleplayer files to make it look like he was on a public server by giving himself unlocks and changing the names of all of the players to the names of real players from around the world, and then modded the game, somewhat like the similar themed Slaughter Mod, which is basically an overkill mod.
ummm, sorry but youre wrong..

not only is this hack real, but there are at least 3 other hacks out for BF2.. anyone who knows how
to use google can find them..  but hey, go complain to EA and see how far that gets you..   then
start complaining about a player jumping and see how far that gets you...oops.. umm, oh yeah, they
made a patch for that....   omg.. what a disgrace EA is..

EAs only intent these days is to rush out more expansion packs.. so they can get more of your money..
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6669|Everett, WA, US

[BSF]Nexar wrote:

To make it look real he took the names of real people, most likely right out his real online capades.  Ask you're clan leader if he remembers this guy.

[edit] sorry didn't read all the posts [/edit].

Anyway, I noticed how the "players" reacted as well.  They were slow, stupid, yet knew exactly where any shots were coming from.  Bot's have super hearing, 360 degrees in all dimentions, while most real people only have maybe 4 speakers or headphones.  In the sniper demonstration, he fired a few shots and the bots looked up at him.  If you hear the shots, you probably wouldnt think twice about it until you were hit.  If you did start looking for any shot being fired, you definately would look right at the source, especially if it was above you.

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2006-03-03 21:20:39)

[ADF]YeOldeHomer
+0|6677
Ok to further on for SharkyMcShark,

4. Ammo and health are controlled by the SERVER. Not the CLIENT. This means that it is IMPOSSIBLE for said player to alter his ammo/rate of fire. Unless he was playing on his own server, which he clearly isn't because all these players would never play on an unranked server. And even then, everyone would have been able to do the same as he is doing.

It's so obvious how he made it:-
* Changed BOT names to make it look online (why no one has prefixes)
* Changed fire rates of guns
* Changed Ammo Clip sizes
* Changed knife fire distance

So yeah... its a fake. No questions.

Last edited by [ADF]YeOldeHomer (2006-03-03 21:37:24)

Defiance
+438|6670

[ADF]YeOldeHomer wrote:

* Changed BOT names to make it look online (why no one has prefixes)
* Changed fire rates of guns
* Changed Ammo Clip sizes
* Changed knife fire distance

So yeah... its a fake. No questions.
I've done this and more with C4. Who wants my video of a C4 cannon? You throw it, it's speed is as fast as a pistol bullet (velocity: 1000) and it detonates on impact 99% of the time.

Reload time is shortened, the same thing he did with the L96 and the SRAW.

Quit crying, it's a fake, if you want I'll replicate his little mod (minus bot names, ive never bothered doing that) and send it to you.
Tanner8
+0|6639
Well Its Not A Scientific Breakthrough!! Its Obviously Fake!!! The Guy Just Hosted A Single Player Game And Edited The Names Of The Opponents Through A Script And Modded All The Weapons And Crap. The Second I Saw It I Knew It Was Impossible To Do Server Side!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard