bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6841|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
So I decided in conjunction with all of Dave's favorites threads to start a thread about most satisfying moments. After some time goes by, I'll compile what everyone has to say and make a top 10 list. So here are some of mine:

*Knifing a sniper who is harassing the team. (3)
*Killing a tank with an APC. (8)
*Using C4 on a stats padder who is trying to cap your flag in a vehicle. (2)
*Killing BH whores with a gernade. (7)
*Being a medic after an arty attack on friendly troops near you (lots of revives). (10)
*Running over an anti-tank guy in a jeep. (5)
*Sniping a commander while holding a beer in one hand and peanuts in the other. (9)
*That beautiful arty strike that you send that takes out half of their team. (4)
*Going an entire round without a team mate running into one of your arty strikes. (1)
*Stealing enemy vehicles. (6)

The #'s in parentheses are my top 10, but I will merge with everyone's to create the big top ten.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839
Stealing enemy vehicles is great.  I spent a half hour doing that on a 64 man Kubra Damn once.  I couldn't stop laughing about it.  I just ran around their (USMC) non-cap base yoinking vehicles as they spawned.  It was awesome.

Blasting bunny hoppers is my favorite satisfying moment.  I need to figure out how to map "Jumping around like Micheal Flattly , Lord of the Irish Dance, didn't help at all did it?" to a single keystroke.
Doyley
+1|6809|Australia
Lol, here are a couple of mine:

taking down a fully loaded Blackhawk chopper with a tank
taking down jets with a tank
throwing a grenade into a CP that has four enemy troops inside the sandbag emplacement
watching someone climb up a ladder that I have Claymored, thinking it would be smart to sneak up and get a knife kill.
shooting tv missiles into helicopeters on the move.
dropping supply crates on enemy snipers. lol
and...sticking C4 to the top of a flag pole, waiting for a BH to come by and cap the flag, only for me to press the red button on the C4 remote. hehehe.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6826|Netherlands

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Stealing enemy vehicles is great.  I spent a half hour doing that on a 64 man Kubra Damn once.  I couldn't stop laughing about it.  I just ran around their (USMC) non-cap base yoinking vehicles as they spawned.  It was awesome.

Blasting bunny hoppers is my favorite satisfying moment.  I need to figure out how to map "Jumping around like Micheal Flattly , Lord of the Irish Dance, didn't help at all did it?" to a single keystroke.
HAHAHAAHA   lol
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796
Being caught off guard by a closeby enemy as a sniper and shooting him in the face without going into the scope.

Sniping a pilot out of a helicopter.

Oh, and when the enemy's arty teamkills half of their team and doesn't kill one person on your team.

Last edited by CinnamonBits (2005-09-24 12:24:59)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6834
Knifing or Shock Paddling a Noob Tuber.
Seeing a noob tuber try to shoot you with the noob cannon two feet away and killing himself while you walk away unhurt.
Knifing the commander while he's in the commander screen

those are my top three at this point.
Doyley
+1|6809|Australia
yeah, I hafta agree with the noob tuber one. Blowing themselves up while you walk away is funny, or knifing them. hahahahaha. They deserve it
McCullough
+7|6839

CinnamonBits wrote:

Sniping a pilot out of a helicopter.
Yes thats awsome. did that on Mashtuur, a BH was on it's way to one of our CPs it was flying staright at me, aimed for the pilot with my M95 and BOOM I killed the pilot as i watched the BH go down. and got another 5 kills.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6841|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
i like your choices boys, but i'll need more to compile a decent top 10 list. B, Chuy, voodoochild where are you guys?
Charlie_melvin
Right between the eye's
+0|6814
taking out a loaded bh with either an apc or the supports machine gun,
sniping anyone out of a chopper (even better when it's the pilot),
taking out the oppositions arty just as they are about to fire,
waitin till someone takes their time getting to the top of a crane before picking them off with my sniper rifle (man I love doin that )
going into the enemies base and taking their vehicles
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6837
Taking down a fully loaded BH with PISTOL (man that was great xD)
Blowing up 2 enemy tanks and 1 enemy APC with 1 C4 trap.
Knifing an enemy sniper several times because he is always at the same position
sniping the other snipers off the big tower near USMC base.
tcb263
+0|6801
oholibah, youll have to tell me how you managed to take out a bh with a pistol.  ive taken one out with the grenage launcher, but thats the weakest weapon ive done it with.
Feydd
+0|6789
Twice i've taken out AA sites with my jets big 20MM and buzzed so freaking close I could here the unlucky guys death screams, it was like a loud yelp for a split second.

Last edited by Feydd (2005-09-26 17:42:33)

Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

tcb263 wrote:

oholibah, youll have to tell me how you managed to take out a bh with a pistol.  ive taken one out with the grenage launcher, but thats the weakest weapon ive done it with.
Even a pistol does some damage to a BH.  That might have been all that was needed to blow the damn thing up.

I took out a jet with a rifle shot once.  Lucky shot hit the jet, and I got the kill.  I'm sure the other fighter pilot that had been raking the guy with gun fire was pissed but I laughed my ass off.
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6797|Eastern PA

Burning_Monkey wrote:

Even a pistol does some damage to a BH.  That might have been all that was needed to blow the damn thing up.
Precisely why I constantly tell my team to shoot at choppers / jets at every opportunity with whatever they have available - even if it's only a pistol. It's amazing how much damage a whole squad can inflict on jets / choppers when they combine their firepower . . .

As far as "satisfying moments" go: Taking out three T-90's, four APC's, 3 FAV's, and a Cobra gunship with the same LAV-25 during a 10 minute ride around Zatar Wetlands - providing a "textbook" example of the ambush and "shoot 'n' scoot" tactics the LAV was intended to fulfill . . .
DesertEagle357
Attends Shock Paddlers Anonymous
+1|6794
Taking out 2 fully loaded blackhawks ( )

This one just happened, following someone into one of our flags, knifing him, calling an arty on the apc taking the flag, running away, shooting the other hiding person with a pistol to death, running back after the arty is done (APC still lived, smoking), grabbing the just spawned APC next to it (they got the flag, mind you), shooting the apc with a rocket, killing it, shooting a few people around the flag (UAV support, duh), shooting another missle at an incoming jeep, and overall singlehandedly taking the flag back by myself
( +100 awesomeness )
[LFX]angus
+0|6828|Texas...unfortunately
if youre good with the LAV, you can beat a tank head to head

but anyway...good moments...pressing that red button right as someone runs through the gate at karkand
sneaking behind a tank that is base raping and putting some c4 on him...and that nice red button
jihadding the flying cow into the blackhawk while loaded with c4
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

1) Watching someone board a vehicle I just spent the last 10 seconds sticking C4 on
2) Taking out enemy snipers with my PADDIES!
3) Watching tank wh0res run over my AT mine
4) Mowing down n00b-tubers with my Medic before they even see me
5) Watch a Jet disintegrate after being blasted by my M1A2
6) Watch someone try to ram me with his C4-jeep. And Miss.
7) Charge a support and see him miss Every. Single. Shot. While Prone.
8) Tossing a grenade in a room as a precaution and taking out 4 idiots
9) Getting squashed by my OWN supplies.
10) Arty taking out 2 entire squads.

Kick-ass i tell you.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Burning_Monkey wrote:

how exactly is bunny hopping in Bf2 done? just like in CS? Left left, right right etc.

would you have enough stamina for it?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

polarbearz wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

how exactly is bunny hopping in Bf2 done? just like in CS? Left left, right right etc.

would you have enough stamina for it?
You can still jump with no stamina.  As for how it's done, hell I don't know.  Hit the jump button a lot I guess.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

Burning_Monkey wrote:

You can still jump with no stamina.  As for how it's done, hell I don't know.  Hit the jump button a lot I guess.
haha never had a problem with them so i don't really care, just interested to find out how its done. Well i've been playing assault a lot nowadays, so when someone DOES bunny in front of me, i pull out the n00btube. TO each his own i say
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

polarbearz wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

haha never had a problem with them so i don't really care, just interested to find out how its done. Well i've been playing assault a lot nowadays, so when someone DOES bunny in front of me, i pull out the n00btube. TO each his own i say
That's poetic justice at it's best.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6790|Singapore

*laughs* exactly. And when he gets blasted away he flies further then he ever had bunny hopping
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839
Look Ma!!  I'm SuperRagdoll Man!!
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796
This happened just now.  I was running around as MEC in Karkand and a US Noob Tuber ran up and started tubing me.  I started to hop around and shoot and so did he.  He shot three nades and every one killed one of his own team mates.  It was pretty funny.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard