^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6736|The Hague, Netherlands

Well the server was paused for 3 minutes + multiple warnings, which the server also does automatic to watch the language, if someone doesn't do that after that its a kick or ban
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Don't you have the autokick on for swearing? Isn't thats what its for???????

And tell me what the reason was for kicking Pink?

Show me the chat log of what he did.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Well the server was paused for 3 minutes + multiple warnings, which the server also does automatic to watch the language, if someone doesn't do that after that its a kick or ban
Firstly, like I said I diddn't see the warnings, I quit the game and started it again (Is there a way to show how long I was in the server for before I got kicked?)

and secondly, even if I did see the warnings It said kick, not ban...
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6726|Germany

Lt.Goldman wrote:

There was absolute chaos when I logged in into BF2cc

There was no admin online and I guess no one had been on for a while.
It was really bad this afternoon, I commanded one round on Oman when there was no other BF2s member online (maybe winegum on the other team, don't know) but there was no rule that was NOT violated.
Later in Sharqi I was teamkilled because a 3-star-general wanted my kit. I was US commander and giving ammo to a lot of ATs and snipers on the roof of the TV station.
After that i had enough and left the server.

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-07-07 12:48:53)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

well im just around here since 18:00 or something, im on BF2CC right now...and its getting better, but was just a zoo before that.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Fair enough to kick/ban for tking but why couldn't you let the auto admin take care of the swearing? If they swear too much they get kicked right? Thats what its there for...

Another thing I don't understand Is why you allow swearing on a public forum but not a wargame.

I swore because my clanmate got kicked, he said he diddn't swear and I diddn't see it.

To me it actually looked like somone had hacked into your remote and was just kicking for nothing. I was actually thinking that...
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

Im not one on these forums, who can see all post at all time, we can on the server, many warnings were given, which i can see on the log. but Goldman can explain this one better, he was on BF2CC longer then me
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6660|The Netherlands
See above   I edited my original post to add the log
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

"see above"???

If your not even gonna respond directly to my post, then theres no point me arguing...

If you don't want me on your server then I won't play there... But it's a shame because some of you guys were really cool, I wanted to play with some of you you more and get to know some of you better, come on teamspeak etc.

But if your gonna ban me I'll just fuck off.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

This is the apeal section of the forums and when I post my reason, and the fact that I diddn't see the warnings with an explanation i get four question marks from the guy who banned me...

Good advice

Last edited by [UCF]Dauntless (2006-07-07 16:40:16)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

Dauntless:

Lt.Goldman wrote:

There was absolute chaos ......

Because of the server PAUSE, everyone must have seen this.  no excuse

Sadly WITHIN 1 MINUTE it continued:
[21:16:44] *[CB]*Bikette67 -> comander fuck
[21:17:12] [UCF]Pink -> fucking noob
[21:20:28] Maran-Sniper -> go fu ck urself

So I kicked these guys

And then... this happened:

[21:18:23] *[CB]* LeFuret[CH] -> Admin is a fucker!
[21:20:10] [CDM] UCF_Dauntless -> lame fucking admin
[21:22:13] M<>J<>Ris^N -> fuckin admins are shit

I banned these guys
My bold and underline

As you can see, Goldman did edit his post so yes now you can see what UCF Pink said.
If you look careful, UCFPink is only kicked for swearing. He must have seen the warning.

But not only did you sweared, you also insulted his decision as an admin three minutes later. If you want to play on the server, you have to play by the rules.
Being angry and partly insulting him on the forum again (not direct, but indirect with the question marks-remark) is also not going to help.

Try to calm down, write a reasonable post, and at least admit that you were wrong. If you know that your clanmate was kicked for swearing, I don't understand why you sweared yourself, EVEN when you didn't saw the message. So either way you knew that swearing was not allowed.

It's sad that it happened, but if you apologize and admit you were wrong, Goldman might change his opinion again. Good luck!

Last edited by De_Jappe (2006-07-07 23:18:28)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

De_Jappe wrote:

Dauntless:

Lt.Goldman wrote:

There was absolute chaos ......

Because of the server PAUSE, everyone must have seen this.  no excuse

Sadly WITHIN 1 MINUTE it continued:
[21:16:44] *[CB]*Bikette67 -> comander fuck
[21:17:12] [UCF]Pink -> fucking noob
[21:20:28] Maran-Sniper -> go fu ck urself

So I kicked these guys

And then... this happened:

[21:18:23] *[CB]* LeFuret[CH] -> Admin is a fucker!
[21:20:10] [CDM] UCF_Dauntless -> lame fucking admin
[21:22:13] M<>J<>Ris^N -> fuckin admins are shit

I banned these guys
My bold and underline

As you can see, Goldman did edit his post so yes now you can see what UCF Pink said.
If you look careful, UCFPink is only kicked for swearing. He must have seen the warning.

But not only did you sweared, you also insulted his decision as an admin three minutes later. If you want to play on the server, you have to play by the rules.
Being angry and partly insulting him on the forum again (not direct, but indirect with the question marks-remark) is also not going to help.

Try to calm down, write a reasonable post, and at least admit that you were wrong. If you know that your clanmate was kicked for swearing, I don't understand why you sweared yourself, EVEN when you didn't saw the message. So either way you knew that swearing was not allowed.

It's sad that it happened, but if you apologize and admit you were wrong, Goldman might change his opinion again. Good luck!
I second that. I you want to appeal, that's fine, but it will require a bit more seriousness and honesty on your part to convince Goldman that you made a mistake. An apology would be a good start.
Personal attacks are inexcusable, be it in the forums or on the server.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6718|The Netherlands
Dauntless is a good guy even tho he said something in chat that is not nice to one of our server admins.

The server admins enforce our server rules cause they wanna help bf2s.com create a nice playing environment on their server for everyone who live in europe. The server admins dont make exceptions for regulars like dauntless while adminning the server. We don't measure with 2 different standards, everyone gets the same treatment on our server and it doesn't matter if you are a regular or forum member or some dude we don't know, who just happened to come across our server in his list.

Like schuss said, an apology would be a good start.

Edit: Lets not blow this out of proportion please, its just some words said in server chat. Btw lets not forget daultless allways played by our rules untill this one incident on server chat.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-07-08 10:31:42)

Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

Yeah okay, fair enough, no need to insult each other, that wasn't really my intention.

Lt.Goldman wrote:

Do NOT tell me you did not know !
And DON'T tell me you thought the BF2cc program ?? did it on it's own !
I just wanted to discuss it with goldman, and I got more and more pissed off when he didn't respond to my reason. It would have been better if he gave me a direct response to me instead of editing the above post each time. And then when he just posted nothing four question marks I just really couldn't believe it.

But anyway, forget all that...

I'm just gonna say one last time what happened from my point of view that led to the banning:

I joined the server at the first round of Gulf of Oman, played the round and then the second round started, Switching the teams. But I was still in the squad I was in from the first round and I couldn't leave or join any other squads. I wanted to join my clans squad so this sucked, I decided to re-start BF2, When I got back Pink said he got kicked for bad language, he said he didn't swear and I believed him, why wouldn't I?

As it turns out he did swear, maybe he forgot that he did or something, but he told me at the time that he did not swear.
Then, as I saw more and more people got Banned for "Watch your language" I was just thinking, this cant be serious, someone must have found out the password for the remote and just randomly banning everyone. I kept asking "Who is on the remote?" but I got no response.

So thats what happened from my point of view, and thats why I said what I said. Looking back on the situation now it appears I was wrong to say what I said.

I apologize.
Echo
WOoKie
I personally would have dealt with the situation a little differently. Since it isnt a very serious violation of the server rules, i would probably have kicked you but thats just me. This doesnt mean tho i dont argee with the decision made by goldman.

You appologized for the whole thing, i wanna make a suggestion to goldman and the other server admins to lift the perminent ban dauntless has right now. He's been banned for 48+ hours now and i m sure he will think twice next time he wants to flame goldman or any of the other admins.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-07-10 04:38:01)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

dauntless, good to see that post of you! Hope you can play on the server again soon!
B.Schuss

General-Echo wrote:

I personally would have dealt with the situation a little differently. Since it isnt a very serious violation of the server rules, i would probably have kicked you but thats just me. This doesnt mean tho i dont argee with the decision made by goldman.

You appologized for the whole thing, i wanna make a suggestion to goldman and the other server admins to lift the perminent ban dauntless has right now. He's been banned for 48+ hours now and i m sure he will think twice next time he wants to flame goldman or any of the other admins.
since Dauntless has been an exceptional member until this incident, and because he apologized, I second the move.
Echo
WOoKie
Now i got the 'okay' from our head admin, i ve lifted your ban.
B.Schuss

well, there you go. I hope Goldman is OK with that.

Be nice from now on, Dauntless....
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6644
ok guys ive been banned from your server for stat padding... will i ever be unbanned, it wasnt as if i proper stat padd, i mess around and everyone knows this. I hope that the guys who i play with on the server realise this, the mjaority of the time i play well in squads.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6640|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
some of the best TEAMPLAY i've had on the bf2s euro server was with beef when he wasnt being an asshat..

everyone knows beef mucks around.. lol.. i think a ban's a bit unfair
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6740|London

B.Schuss wrote:

Thank you, Will do.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

[UCF]Dauntless wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Thank you, Will do.
Welcome back
Echo
WOoKie

spawnofthemist wrote:

some of the best TEAMPLAY i've had on the bf2s euro server was with beef when he wasnt being an asshat..

everyone knows beef mucks around.. lol.. i think a ban's a bit unfair
Alpha saw pure beef walk off with two enemies in his commander screen, away from the battle and i dont think he was going to pick them flowers or buy them icecream.

This is reason enough for us to decide to ban him from our server.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-07-10 07:38:18)

spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6640|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
well.. i'll still be on for some nice teamwork

i think you're just a bit sour cos i outsniped you on sharqi last night

(just kidding )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard