Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Maybe have a map of the week thing, just to keep some variation in the game
Here's a great idea!  

Maybe we could have a vote for it, map of the week. I dont think a normal vote will do cause loads of ppl will be voting, even ppl who arent even playing on the european server at all. My suggestion is, make a topic about it, without a vote and let the guys choose 1 map from a number of maps that arent in the rotation yet and just count votes by hand afterwards.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-24 11:58:07)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter

B.Schuss wrote:

Lt.Goldman wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Since this is an EU server, I do plan to include the upcoming EF maps in the mapcycle.
Remember that the 3 EuroForce maps are 16/32 player only... and the EU server is 64...
What will happen if 64 players rotate from a 64 map to a EF 32 player map ? will 32 be kicked ?
well, right now it doesn't look like we will be having 64 people on the server anyway, so I just might reduce the number of slots to 32, until the server is populated on a constant basis. then we will move back up to 64 slots. this will also speed up the round time considerably. Last week we were playing karkand 64 size with 12 guys and it took forever...
Agreed, save your money untill the server is constantly populated.
Echo
WOoKie

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

Agreed, save your money untill the server is constantly populated.
Nah, big servers are easier to fill then smaller ones. Remember it was sponsored so bf2s doesnt save money really by getting a smaller server. Btw most guys like massive battles, big servers with a low ping basicly. Its a little difficult to get the game started sometimes but i think its allready getting easier nowadays. Cause the group of forummembers that are playing on it seems to be growing rapidly.

The vanilla map cycle is good as it is and a map of the week would make a nice change for the regular players and we should take the least popular map out i guess. The eu server isnt ready for ef maps and i wonder if its ever gonna be really, i guess we need a seperate server to avoid ppl getting kicked who dont have euro force.(like me, i dont have a credit card)

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-24 14:44:43)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter
Well cant you promote BF2s on the server?.. Like have it say on a server message.. "Go to BF2s.com and check out our community?" and if it already says somthing like that.. well then i havnt seen it...
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6660|The Netherlands

Well cant you promote BF2s on the server?.. Like have it say on a server message.. "Go to BF2s.com and check out our community?" and if it already says somthing like that.. well then i havnt seen it...
Changing you sig  .. .could be a start ... see mine
Echo
WOoKie

We allready got about 13.000 forummembers, you re saying it aint enough?

Its more usefull promoting the server here on bf2s so i m with goldman on this, check my sig!

Btw there's limited space in the servermessage and i guess its better to use that for the serverrules.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-25 01:10:10)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter

Lt.Goldman wrote:

Changing you sig  .. .could be a start ... see mine
No no no, i ment like when people go on the BF2s server that are not apart of the BF2s community...
Like is there a server message that says to go to BF2s.com and check out our community?...
I was talking about promoting BF2s, not the server...
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

Well, I have been experimenting with some new server messages yesterday, deleting the whole thing in the process...

I still haven't figured out how many letters the box can take.....
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6707|Germany
Anyone else in favour to slightly change maps and cycle ?

Just an idea : Karkand, Wake, Mashtuur, Oman, Sharqi, Kubra, ?

Guess that is a good mix of "grunt" and "planewhore" maps...
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6740|Topside

Oh man,i hate Kubra.
But i'm a teamplayer,so if the mayority want it in the cycle i'm game.
Echo
WOoKie

HellHead wrote:

Anyone else in favour to slightly change maps and cycle ?

Just an idea : Karkand, Wake, Mashtuur, Oman, Sharqi, Kubra, ?

Guess that is a good mix of "grunt" and "planewhore" maps...
Good idea to mix the air and infantry maps, now there are 2 airmaps close together. I suggest: Karkand, wake, mashtuur, sharqi, oman. Take out dragon and zatar cause these seem to be the least popular.
HellHead
+336|6707|Germany

General-Echo wrote:

Good idea to mix the air and infantry maps, now there are 2 airmaps close together. I suggest: Karkand, wake, mashtuur, sharqi, oman. Take out dragon and zatar cause these seem to be the least popular.
Well, than you will have two infantry maps close together...

@Negerkungen :

I don´t think Kubra is that bad...It´s just a matter of who you play it with...
And, for example, I´m not so happy with Oman every night either. I know every little corn of sand by name allready, since I played the demo a thousand times...
There will always be maps somebody doens´t like, so it´s maybe nice to have a change in the cycle to make everybody happy once in a while...or not.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

Karkand, Wake, Shaquri, Oman, Mashtuur, Kubra

just my two cents
voltage
+46|6838|Sweden
Already removing Zatar Wetlands ? I would remove Strike at Karkand and add Songhua Stalemate. I know, I know, I'm a pervert...
HellHead
+336|6707|Germany

voltage wrote:

Already removing Zatar Wetlands ? I would remove Strike at Karkand and add Songhua Stalemate. I know, I know, I'm a pervert...
Quick answer ? Yes !

Seriously, removing Karkand wouldn´t be such a good idea. You know it is "the" map to get a server started..
And Shonghua ?!  Holy Moly ! How much did they pay you for saying that... ?
Slayer
---hates you

I´ve never played Zatar Wetlands on EU-Server?!?!
But why deleting it? In my opinion it should be possible to play some other maps too if we want to... Cant stand to play the same maps everyday (I know every stone on karand already but unfortunatley its the map to get a server started?!)

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-04-27 04:21:42)

voltage
+46|6838|Sweden
@Hellhead: I know, I'm a freak, a mutant, a shame for mother nature. The authorities should lock me up before I corrupt the whole community. In fact, I'm gonna go to the police right now and say "I like songhua stalemate, I turn myself in. Here's my BF2 disc.".
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6740|Topside

HellHead wrote:

voltage wrote:

Quick answer ? Yes !

Seriously, removing Karkand wouldn´t be such a good idea. You know it is "the" map to get a server started..
And Shonghua ?!  Holy Moly ! How much did they pay you for saying that... ?
Damn u Hellhead,i laughed so much i spilled my drink.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6725|Germany

What do you think about the following?

1. Karkand
2. Oman
3. Mashtuur (or Wake)
4. Wake (or Mashtuur)
5. "Map of the day" (one of the other maps, e.g. Dragon Valley, changing every day)
6. Sharqi
7. Kubra
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

well, after talking to hellhead tonight, I will put Kubra into the mapcycle tomorrow ( friday ) morning. I'd also love to get rid off Wake, since I believe it is one of the most unbalanced airmaps you can have. Maybe I'll put in Dragon Valley and/or Clean Sweep instead, and see how people like it.

Anyway, I am off to bed now, cya all tomorrow.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6740|Topside

Plz,not sweep.
Slayer
---hates you

Kurba= damn nice
Cleansweep= pretty nice too
Dragon Valley= hm, it hell for pilots and a lot of walking
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6740|Topside

Kurba?????

Last edited by Negerkungen (2006-04-27 23:39:53)

Slayer
---hates you

Hm, Negerkungen, I think you´re a pretty good helopilot, so this map would be a possible killingspree for you?! Anyways Kubra rokkz0rz
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6740|Topside

Yes it can be very nice,if i can get my hands on a chopper.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard