twiistaaa
+87|6668|mexico
anyone else laugh when u hear a kid start talking on the mic? everytime it gets me. esp when they are commander. its just so out of context to the game. this fully grown man running around the battlefield with the voice of a child. and then to be incharge of the all the squads.

also i cant help it whether they are good players or not. as soon as i hear them i dont really care about their opinion on where to attack. they are eager to please tho, often they will drop supply or give uav at request so i give them cred for that.
elmer1082
To The Front
+4|6755|Columbus, Indiana
I was playing Ghost Town the other night and same thing happened to me. This kid came over the com and was asking if I needed anything. lol I got killed because it took me by surprise hearing that kids voice. Your right it's funny because it seems so out of place. But we won and he did do a lot of good things so I will give him credit for that.
computermash
+7|6663
Lol im a kid (14 if u can call that a kid) but i always try to sound as deep as possible when using the mic. Besides my voice already broke! Yes, and as long as its availiable i will UAV or suppy or arty an area if the Squad leader asks and i cand c anywhere better to place it!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
Isn't it odd that they are usually so nice and generous. Do we just become giant doucebags when we grow up or what?

And I agree. It's funny as hell to listen to them talk.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

Wonder how many of u have had the pleasure of being commanded by my 11 year old son who shares my account - he`s actually quite a good commander and sniper.

If u are frequently getting headshots by Nor Varegg on the WAR HAWKS server its him ;-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750
HAHA we all change when we grow up! i used to be such a nice young fellow. All the people is worked with from when i was 16 to 23 told me on many an occasion that i had changed for the worse!!

I do think it is wierd when a young voice comes over the mic. Happened to me the other day when i joined into a round on the Kubra Dam Map. Just selected a squad at random and joined it. then all of a sudden there is this young voice asking the rest of the squad if someone could kick me form their squad!

I just ignored it because no one replyed to him, then he asked again. so i pressed B and asked him what his problem was and why did he want to chuck me. He said that it was because he didnt think i had a micropone and wouldnt speak with the rest of the squad. which was fair enough. but i couldnt take him seriously because he was just a little kid!
Andrew
+2|6693|Birsbane, Australia
i am 13 and when u laugh at me i get so mad, once i was ingame and some guy kept talking rude and this old man got mad at him.
OddAngryShot
+1|6674|Brisbane Aust
I heard a kid on VOIP I laughed so hard i couldn't play the game, Reminded me of Mickey Mouse !every time he spoke i pissed myself laughing ,had to remember that i sounded like that once ,but then Pacman didn't have VOIP......
Andrew
+2|6693|Birsbane, Australia
how about we start talking about how your voices sound OLD and loud
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
You'll understand how we feel one day Andrew, no worries. We were all sqeeky voiced kids at one time or another.
Inquatitis
+1|6638
well,i was born an asshole and lived 23 years by that.
i often remind people being an asshole is not an attitude its a lifestyle.
i love these young kids while they command, i ask for UAV and i get it, i ask for artie and i get it, i ask for supplies and i get them.
with a commander like that age dont matter and im more likely to do what he orders me to do then some 40 year old who just shits on his squads because hes going for his whatever badge or ribbon.
id rather help out a 14 year old commander that works with the squads even if he sucks then some 40 year old going for his personal fame and glory.
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6743|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
im 17 my voice is of a 24 year olds. im good
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750
i am not saying i dont have respect for the younger player in the game, as you say Inquatitis the younger guys while commander are probably more likely to give you what you ask for when in the game.

The older commanders are sometimes too involved in what they are doing, and too busy trying to get badges.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield
I'm too busy drinking beer to notice. And I'm not too busy trying to get badges either.
Inquatitis
+1|6638
i give respect to players till i have a reason not to.
any player or commander gets that respect when they play as a team, even if its a lonewolf that helps out others.

btw ive been to Glasgae, you have some good beer.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD
Often they will also get bored and teamkill until the the end of the round, or scream like little faggots into the mic as loud as they can.  I don't trust anyone under 11 years-old.  I was in a server full of 10 year-olds once, there was more teamkilling, kickvotes, and screwing around with vehicles than I have ever seen at one time.
Arkanon
+3|6694|London, UK
I tell you what does bug me over VOIP: adolescents rapping or exercising their urb4n vocabulary solidly for five minutes. Yeah, we get it — you watched a couple episodes of Ali G and a bit of MTV. Quit forcing us to listen to it.
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6634

Andrew wrote:

i am 13 and when u laugh at me i get so mad, once i was ingame and some guy kept talking rude and this old man got mad at him.
Who could blame him it's hilarous! Did you defend yourself or just go to the old man?

It's hilarous when I get moved to other bases like in Europe or Asia, but sometimes the voices of the ATC are in an accent, it's hard not to laugh at a Germany-based ATC Center Controlller that says 9'er or 9 ,we kept on giving him a hard time since he would be like "climb to FL 19'ner zero" my fellow pilots were like " What flight level 1...NO....zero? what?please repeat." It was great fun on a boring 13 hour flight.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750

Inquatitis wrote:

i give respect to players till i have a reason not to.
any player or commander gets that respect when they play as a team, even if its a lonewolf that helps out others.

btw ive been to Glasgae, you have some good beer.
Can you remember which one you liked the most?

There is the traditional scottish lager called Tennents which is usually the cheapest in the pubs and clubs. Pretty gassy, but i will have my off and on moments with it. Just now i enjoy drinking it but some times i will not enjoy it.

Most of the other beers and lagers here are just the ones you get everywhere. Miller, Stella, Bud, Kronenbourg 1664 etc...
R0lyP0ly
+161|6653|USA
i wonder how many of those guys bashing little kids on the mic are little kids themselves?
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
IM young but i dont have a mic.But is it me or do the kids on mics always sound depressed?Its like theyve just been beeten by their parent and have come to play bf2.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

I'm 15, people say I sound like I'm 25, I have a naturally deep voice in BF2 it's not that bad hearing little kids, they're usually decent.

Counter-Strike:Source is another story... talk about hell on Earth, they always cry when you shoot them and always scream "OMFG (not OH EM EFF GEE, but the words they stand for) YOU JUST GOT OWNED BITCH".
Seaneroo
+12|6657
It is a bit disorienting.  I find myself picturing a ten-year-old giving Geore c. Scott's speach at the begining of "Patton" ("we're gonna grease the tracks of our tanks with the enemy's guts!!! . . um, where did I put my chocolate milk??).
CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine
I play with a kid that's like 6 or 7 (I think, maybe older) and he's pretty good, he uses a jet a lot.
cmsgt_one_shot
+5|6643|USA
It was around 3 am and one of my friends where over and we playing bf2 then all of a suden this kid who name was something like david6years or something like that and he started to talk and never shut the F~(&%% up. And if that isnt bad enough he stated to tk everyone in our squad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard