danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6713|Germany
as it seems, not yet. But feel free to visit us on the teamspeak server.
Infos on that in my sig or in the sticky topic.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6838|Cologne, Germany

voltage wrote:

Any news on the voip problem on the european server?
ah, damn. I forgot to send our GSP a support ticket. Will do so today.
B.Schuss

Info for all the server admins:

Our GSP has informed me that there is a new version of BF2CC installed, BF2CC 1.2.2301.

Please upgrade your Version of BF2CC

I also finally got to send them an official support ticket about the VoIP issue. I hope they resolve this quickly

EDIT. IMPORTANT ! According to the guys at bf2cc.com, the new version of the client won't be available until this afternoon. I have been unable to log into the server with version 1.2.2301. It tells me I use an older version than the current.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands
I ve just had a look at http://www.bf2cc.com/download.htm but that 1.1.2301 version isnt available for downloading. Where did you get it schuss? 

My old version is still working so i ll wait untill its available.
B.Schuss

I got my version directly from our GSP, but as I have said, it doesn't work yet. If the old version is still working, I do suggest you continue using it.
B.Schuss

On saturday, I finally received an answer from our GSP about the VoIP not working. Their advice was to change the port for VoIP. Unfortunately, they didn't tell me which port to use...

Since I am not an VoIP expert, I replied very politely and asked which port they'd suggest we should use instead of the one specified in BF2CC. We'll see what they say. But at least they are answering now...
voltage
+46|6838|Sweden
It's great that the european server is quite popular despite the lack of voip. When it's working there will hopefully be a new influx of players and it will be easier to start games.
Echo
WOoKie

B.Schuss wrote:

On saturday, I finally received an answer from our GSP about the VoIP not working. Their advice was to change the port for VoIP. Unfortunately, they didn't tell me which port to use...

Since I am not an VoIP expert, I replied very politely and asked which port they'd suggest we should use instead of the one specified in BF2CC. We'll see what they say. But at least they are answering now...
I think it took them too long to respond to this issue. And something else. Last night the server crashed again for the 3rd time in a couple of weeks. Everytime this happens the server is full or allmost full and the server will become laggy with pings jumping up and down before it crashes i noticed the pings jumping up and down the day before yesterday too. Maybe it just needs a restart every couple of days.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-25 03:40:56)

B.Schuss

hmm., ok, I can restart it every two days in the morning or so, that shouldn't be a problem.

Answer just in from the GSP about VoIP. They say we can basically use any port we want.
"You can change them in whatever you want! For example: 57003", that's what they said.

I am at work right now, so I can't do anything from here. I'll experiment with different ports when I get home in the afternoon. I will also google a bit about VoIP and the ports that should be used by default in BF2.
Maybe you guys can do the same.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

B.Schuss

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

maybe this link is helpfull

http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php/Port_Usage
that's cool, thx m8

I'll change the ports when I get home from work later today. Let's keep our fingers crossed...
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6660|The Netherlands
https://usera.imagecave.com/Goldman/BF2/fingers-crossed.png
B.Schuss

I changed the ports for VoIP. now we need at least to people to test it..
Echo
WOoKie
Okay, we tested it last night but we cant get it to work. Maybe we could ask chuy to have a look at it when Mr.Gibson is feeling better.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-26 02:58:51)

Chou
+737|6788
That was a great round

https://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9283/lol3tz.jpg
Echo
WOoKie

Choumichel wrote:

That was a great round

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9283/lol3tz.jpg
Erm, you probably played that round on the gibson or the american ranked server? I noticed you re also dutch so why dont you stop by on the european server next time you re playing.
B.Schuss

for your information, the VoIP ports specified in BF2CC are the default ports for BF2 VoIP, 55123-55125.

to be exact, port for Server VoIP is set to 55124, port for Client VoIP is set to 55123. I did change the ports around a bit last night, but since I am not a VoiP expert, I still might have messed up. After all, we have three standard ports and two field to place them...

Maybe the server needs to be restarted for the changes to work, I'll try that during the next two days, because I have got two days off, yay

if that doesn't work, I'll continue to check google and also ask Chuy about it.
Chou
+737|6788

General-Echo wrote:

Choumichel wrote:

That was a great round

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9283/lol3tz.jpg
Erm, you probably played that round on the gibson or the american ranked server? I noticed you re also dutch so why dont you stop by on the european server next time you re playing.
Sure will do, you will see me soon, I know the way
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
In essence

US server is t3h empty

Euro server is t3h very high ping.

Why isn't ANYONE on the US server? Ever?

And no ads here. Anywhere. Ever
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Echo
WOoKie

Spark wrote:

In essence

US server is t3h empty

Euro server is t3h very high ping.

Why isn't ANYONE on the US server? Ever?

And no ads here. Anywhere. Ever
What do you mean no ads anywhere? There are ads on bf2s (mainpage, statspage). Edit: you probably mean ppl posting to play on the us server. Well there's a [bf2s] Saturday Gaming Night thread in chatter on the us server but i think they play on the gibson, not on the ranked us server. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=19427

As to why the us server is empty, my guess is as good as yours but i ve got a feeling its all about patience. It seems loads of players want points and they want them now and they simply refuse to spend an hour or two waiting for other ppl to show up so the game can begin.

Maybe its easier to tell why the eu server is full every day. We have a small group of forummembers that start it up every day about the same time (1800 gmt).

I saw a topic about getting an austalian bf2s server so the forummembers from that region have a change to play together but i m not sure what the status on that idea is.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-28 06:14:29)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

Any news about VOIP on the EU-Server so far?
B.Schuss

well, i3d.nl basically says we can use any port we want to, but as far as I know, the default ports BF2 uses for internal VoIP are 55123-55125. But I haven't been able to figure out which ports in need to use for Server and Client in BF2CC. Maybe trigger of chuy can help with this. Right now, I am lost...

We need help from an expert...

Best would be someone who is running a 64-slot server with VoIP working....
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

Please please please change the maps.  Last night we had three straight long air maps...I think it was Kubra, Zatar and Clean Sweep in  a row.  6 loooong rounds.  Please can we try to alternate city maps with airmaps.  My suggestion:

1) Oman
2) Sharqi
3) Kubra
4) Karkand
5) Zatar
6) Sharqi
7) Clean Sweep
8) Mashtuur

I know there are some that like to fly planes but consider that out of 64 players on a server only 4 get to use the planes and everybody else is trecking across the map really long distances (especially on Zatar and Clean Sweep).  Also, I think that most people think that Sharqi is the most enjoyable map so maybe we should cycle it twice?  There's still an attack chopper for healhead to send tv-guided missles up my tailpipe.  Good for those 1337 snipers.  Okay for armor whores.  Great for for squad teamwork. 

Really its only one change: take out Daqing (or Kubra or Clean Sweep) and replace it with another Sharqi round.  Don't think there'll be many complaints if we try it.

What do you guys think?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

yup mix it up, i noticed that myself.
Echo
WOoKie
I m not too happy with the rotation myself. I think we got too much less popular maps in it and i agree kubra, clean sweep and zatar isn't the best combination to keep players on the server.

Btw the rotation is now:

-karkand
-daqing oilfields
-sharqi
-oman
-mashtuur
-kubra
-clean sweep
-zatar

I d say change it to:

-karkand
-sharqi
-oman
-kubra
-mashtuur
-clean sweep

First 2 maps to fill the server asap and the rest is a mix of infantry and air maps. I lost daqing oilfields and zatar cause i don't like these maps and i don't think much people will mind if we take these out of the rotation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard