B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

short info for everyone:

I changed General-Echo's status to "Administrator" in BF2CC. There have been some complaints lately that I am not online that often, and I have to admit there have been some glitches on my part ( forgetting about the SF night last week and the profile mishap on friday ), which have led to unsatisfactory situations, for you and for me.

The logical step is to give one or two of the server admins and regulars more rights on the server, so they can handle every situation that might come up with the server, even when I am not available.
I have decided that Echo is the first one to be given full admin rights and I trust he will handle this responsibly.

If necessary, I will give additional staff members more rights.

So for the future, if you need to have changes made for the server, such as restarting, map changes, profile changes, SF to Vanilla and bayck, etc, you can now also talk to Echo if I am not available.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6780

Lt.Goldman wrote:

Well we still had fun yesterday... we just went to the US server

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/ … to_USA.gif
AWESOME!!!! 
u gotta post that on in the chatter section!!!!!!!!!!!  again, if you don't then i will and i will get all your karma!!!!  i don't want your karma cause then i have to rekarma you for every karma i get so please post it yourself!!!!!!
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6780

Lt.Goldman wrote:

it's in the chatter now in the tread saturdaynightgaming   which is a sticky

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=468333#p468333
BAH!!!!  This deserves its own post.   Either start an original post on the subject or I WILL!!!!!!!   That's an order sergeant!
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6661|The Netherlands
captain-a
63 61 70 74 61 69 6e 2d 61
+141|6627|Germany

Lt.Goldman wrote:

SIR YES SIR !

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=30390
Goldman, correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it mean "... and discipline returned ..." instead of "... and discipline retuned ..."? Great work anyway
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6719|The Netherlands
A notice to all the eu server admins, i ve added a extra reason in bf2cc in the warn/kick/ban menu. You re now able to select eg: WARNING!!! [BF2s] General-Echo for Spawn Camping an Uncapable Base.

So we dont have to type it in everytime and it ll save some time while admining the server.

Edit: now that i think about it, we didnt have one for tking for a vehicle so i added it and it looks like this: WARNING!!! [BF2s] General-Echo Team Killing for a Vehicle.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-06-21 09:35:11)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6714|Germany
very good advancement now, thanks echo!
Echo
WOoKie
I was checking out all the options the administator status in bf2cc gives to get to know them and learn more about the server basicly. And i came across an option in the menu to alter the W/K/B reasons so i had a good look at that and thought, schuss wouldnt mind if i added a couple of new options to that menu. I sent him a pm after i changed and tested the new reasons and schuss is quite happy with the new reason options he told me.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-06-21 09:51:58)

Echo
WOoKie
Dancer cant see them in his bf2cc so the changes are only in my own bf2cc. I just told dancer to check if he himself could alter them himself and he could.

So all admins click the menu tap at the top of our bf2cc next to file and help and select w/k/b/ reason and add these 2 new reasons so you all can get them to work.

menu: Team Killing for a Vehicle <action> <player> Team Killing for a Vehicle!
menu: Spawn Camping an Uncapable Base, <action> <player> for Spawn Camping an Uncapable Base!
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6714|Germany
added and should work for me!
voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
I cant see the european BF2s server in BF2 tonight. I can see the american and other i3d.nl servers though.
l41e
+677|6647

Neither can I...what's up with this?
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6737|The Hague, Netherlands

yeah game-monitor shows the server in red.........offline or what ?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
voltage
+46|6839|Sweden
Game-Monitor? Seems to be full according to game-monitor.

Tried connecting to IP as well, to no avail.
Echo
WOoKie
According to my bf2cc the server has 60 guys on it and its running oman lol.

The server is down guys, click here to read more about it.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-06-21 23:45:27)

B.Schuss

I am at work, nothing I can do from here. I will try to access the net-based support from i3d.nl, but I don't know if that's going to work. All I could do would be to restart the server anyway. If there is something bigger going on at i3d.nl, we'll have to wait until they resolve it.

I'll check their homepage and report back.
B.Schuss

well, I logged into our customer account at i3d.nl, but no news about a server crash or maintenance work, nothing. Also, no ticket.

So I wrote them a messge via the internal support system, and I guess they'll check the issue and contact me back. The alternative would be to call them, but that would be my last resort. I'll do thta only if I hear nothing from them til 3 pm or so.
(BRU)Timothy
+5|6686|Pennsylvania - Hershey!
I am may be in the US server later - lol, I haven't played bf2 since April!

Last edited by (BRU)Timothy (2006-06-22 04:55:58)

B.Schuss

Quick info: I have also upgraded Alpha's rights for the Server in BF2CC to full rights, since he is also a forum mod.

This means we now have three server regulars who can do more on the server than just kick / ban people or switch maps:

1) myself
2) General-Echo
3) Alpha

of course, all other forum staff also has full admin rights for the EU server, but since most of them are from the US, they usually don't spend much time on the EU server or care much about it.

So if you need changes made on the server, and I should be unavailable,  feel free to contact Echo or Alpha.
Echo
WOoKie
Announcement to all the bf2s eu server admins. The old version of bf2cc isnt working anymore (version 1.1.2179) so i tried downloading the new version 1.2.2303 and the new version works.

Get it here and get the version called: BF2CC GUI Client

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-06-24 06:08:37)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

General-Echo wrote:

Announcement to all the bf2s eu server admins. The old version of bf2cc isnt working anymore (version 1.1.2179) so i tried downloading the new version 1.2.2303 and the new version works.

Get it here and get the version called: BF2CC GUI Client
thats explains it, (srry schuss for the PM )
Echo
WOoKie
Ive asked chuy if he could create a sub forum where only the bf2s server admins and the mods/admins have access and he made us a sub forum called Admin Chatter. I just pmed him back the list of all the server admins who will get access to this admin forum.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

General-Echo wrote:

Ive asked chuy if he could create a sub forum where only the bf2s server admins and the mods/admins have access and he made us a sub forum called Admin Chatter. I just pmed him back the list of all the server admins who will get access to this admin forum.
yeah i was wondering what that was, hadn't seen it before
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6622|EU

yup, chatter for our V.I.Ps hi hi ha ha!
Echo
WOoKie

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

yup, chatter for our V.I.Ps hi hi ha ha!
A lot of the chatter between admins doesnt concern you guys much. Who cares there's a new version of bf2cc installed by our provider and the old one isnt working anymore for example. Stuff like that is only usefull for the 21 admins we got on our server. Things like that will be in the new admin forum. Of course its also a place where we can discuss admin issues privately.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-06-25 10:25:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard