B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6837|Cologne, Germany

yeah, I guess I might buy it today, if I find the time. Remember, the world cup starts today...

But I am not going to put the AF maps in the cycle for now, even though it looks like it's going to be a much better booster pack than EF was.
B.Schuss

ok, my personal update on AF maps. I bought AF on saturday, in between two world cup matches. I had to do the same trick that I did with EF ( download the booster on an XP machine, burn the cached folder on a CD, install on my Win2000 machine ) but it worked out alright.
I played mostly on sunday, before the 3 pm match and in between matches ( tbh, I missed most of the Mexico-Iran match because AF turned out to be far more interesting than that match ). Luckily, there are lots of AF-only servers out there already. I played an average of 6 rounds on each map and I have to say, the booster really rocks !
Yes, it's true, I have to admit it, I like this booster.
The maps are all well balanced, the scout choppers are fun ( and also provide extra UAV, which is a nice addition ) , and there isn't that much jet domination as I had feared, simply because the only jets on these maps are the ground-attack bombers ( A-10 and respective NEC and PLA jets ), and those are kind of slow and easy to take down. Thank god, there is lots of AA on all maps, stationary and mobile.
As announced by EA, the battle is very much armor-oriented in this booster. If you don't like to play tanks or don't like to fight against them, you won't have much fun here. on maps like Operation Road Rage or Operation Harvest, you may have as many as 6 tanks on each side, which makes for great open-range tank battles, the kind of which we have not seen yet in BF2.
As infantry, you have to move quickly, use transport a lot and hide whenever the heavy machinery rolls along.
Midnight sun is a bit of an exception though, as it is a dark map, and the hilly terrain provides lots of cover for infantry. It looks a bit like Fushe Pass at night, with the river in the middle. Infantry fights are much more intense here, as tanks can't move around so easily, and targets are more difficult to spot in the arctic night.
Because of that, it also tends to be the most sniper-infested of the three maps.
still, all three are great maps, well thought-out, and I am sure I am going to play them a lot more than EF.
And yes, I'd love to add them to the mapcycle. Watcha say ?
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6753|Hell, p.o box 666

ADD THEM

@B.Schuss: I got CTD and huge graphics issues yesterday when we played AF together, so I went out to get some beers. Damn it, seems like the GFX of my 2nd system is broken
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6739|Topside

Don't add AF to the map cycle,not everybody have it.
If u gonna add them,do it on SF night.
Just my 2 cents.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6712|Germany
My 2 Cents here too:

Add them.

Neger, i know u don't wanna throw EA more money in their mouth.
But i think you would love that xpack. This is tankheaven. AF is really cool.
It's worth the money.

But how about we make a AF day?

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-06-12 03:02:41)

^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6734|The Hague, Netherlands

bmb|danCer wrote:

My 2 Cents here too:

Add them.

It's worth the money.

sounds cool, i have it too
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6712|Germany
By the way, Schuss congrats to your promotion. Got under the officers now, eh?!
B.Schuss

well, yeah, thank you very much. I broke the 60,000 last week.

only 86 days left til 1st Lt.

on the AF maps, I would love to have a AF day per week, if we cannot include them into the standard mapcycle. Mixing them in on the SF day is a bad idea, because SF acts as a separate game and needs to restart for every mapchange then and that's just annoying.
We could make a poll, but I am afraid not all of the regulars on the server also check out this forum, so we won't really get a representative opinion through a poll.

I guess vanilla BF2 is the best compromise that provides the best fun for the majority of the people, including all the regulars and server admins.
Then again, we can always find 50 people who have AF, can't we ?
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6739|Topside

bmb|danCer wrote:

My 2 Cents here too:

Add them.

It's worth the money.

The only way for me to get AF,is to download it from EA.
And i don't have a creditcard,if they can't release it on a disc they can go fu*k them selfs.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6753|Hell, p.o box 666

Neger, ever heard of the click&buy system? I dunno if its aviable in sweden but it works great for me, I dont own a creditcard either.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6712|Germany
Neger, do live out of a big town?
Its possible to get it in stores.
I bought it @ amazon. I don't own a credit card either like you guys but they charged my bank account like theyalways do.
But as slayer said, the site of ea gives out possibilties to buy AF without credit cards online depending which country you are ordering from. If you would buy it from irak you would probably have to pay with oil.

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-06-12 06:31:56)

Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6739|Topside

But i want my copy on a disc,damn it!
I only use cash,i hate all other ways to pay for things.

Last edited by Negerkungen (2006-06-12 08:40:48)

danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6712|Germany
You can download it via EA-D and then save the cache of the directory and burn it on CD.
Same with Euro Force.
Afterwards you can print those fancy CD-Labels:
here http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=27716 for AF
or
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17997 for EF

The CD can be put in the cases that still come with it if you buy it from amazon.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6739|Topside

bmb|danCer wrote:

You can download it via EA-D and then save the cache of the directory and burn it on CD.
Same with Euro Force.
Afterwards you can print those fancy CD-Labels:
here http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=27716 for AF
or
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17997 for EF

The CD can be put in the cases that still come with it if you buy it from amazon.
Ok,but how do i pay for it??
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6712|Germany
You are right.
I looked up the billing information of my ea-account and if you are from sweden you hav to have a credit card to buy it online.

Is it not possible for you to walk in a shop to buy it? How did you gert SF?
BaseballRulez19
+3|6525|Illinois
I'll deffinitely give it a shot Thanks!
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6739|Topside

I bought my SF in a game shop,just like the vanilla verision.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6712|Germany
I am sure you can get there AF too.
Remeber: It's a tank heaven.
You ought to play it
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6739|Topside

I was away on my lunch and looked for it,but it's not available on disc in Sweden.
DAMN IT!!!!! I Hate Swedish game shops.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6712|Germany
It's just a DVD-case without disc in it.
After you have bought that case you still gotta download it via ea-downloader.
Was that also not available at the shop?
If you really wanna buy it and it's still not possible for you. i could buy it over amazon and let it be shipped to you. But you would have to promise me to wire the money for it to my bank account. (~15€).

Btw. I don't work for EA neither for Dice! Since it's a swedish gamecompany, it ought be possible to get that DVD-case with the serial in it in Sweden.

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-06-13 03:02:33)

Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6739|Topside

bmb|danCer wrote:

It's just a DVD-case without disc in it.
After you have bought that case you still gotta download it via ea-downloader.
Was that also not available at the shop?
If you really wanna buy it and it's still not possible for you. i could buy it over amazon and let it be shipped to you. But you would have to promise me to wire the money for it to my bank account. (~15€).

Btw. I don't work for EA neither for Dice! Since it's a swedish gamecompany, it ought be possible to get that DVD-case with the serial in it in Sweden.
Thx alot man,it's a real nice offer.
But i don't want to go that far,just to buy an xpack.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6712|Germany
You are welcome and i understand you.
But i still believe it's possible to buy AF in a store in sweden.
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6659|The Netherlands
WE HAVE VOIP WORKING AT THE MOMENT

EDIT:  hmm... after I got disconnected and reconnected again ... it didn't work for me anymore

???

Last edited by Lt.Goldman (2006-06-14 15:24:03)

Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6724|Germany

Really? Great! I would join, but, World Cup, you know...
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6778

Lt.Goldman wrote:

WE HAVE VOIP WORKING AT THE MOMENT

EDIT:  hmm... after I got disconnected and reconnected again ... it didn't work for me anymore

???
I had similar post recently but I think the VOIP thing is very strange.  I thought it worked but others tried it out and it didn't work. I think we need several bf2s member to check it out and see what is up with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard