General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6714|England, UK
I used search and I can't find anything about it but, sometimes when I fire a AT missile it goes through the vehicle I'm targeting and the missile then hasn't fired as I'm ready to fire again straight away with that same missile. Anyone having the same problem? No reloading happens btw when this happens.
jord
+2,382|6692|The North, beyond the wall.
I have that problem with the apc missle as well.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6747|Oslo, Norway
i hate that too
-[HC]-TrippleB
+0|6718
tow, at rocket, lav missle, they all go right through the vehicles 1/2 the time :-/

patch 1.21 was making great progress though I just saw a messege in game...oh wait that was 10 days ago
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6714|England, UK
I've heard of the hit box problem but the AT missile firing then it hasn't fired is a new one on me.

Last edited by General_CoLin_Tassi (2006-03-02 10:17:22)

Rumfuddle
+14|6732
YUP.  Thank the patch.
gblanco
Viva Mexico
+15|6776

General_CoLin_Tassi wrote:

I used search and I can't find anything about it but, sometimes when I fire a AT missile it goes through the vehicle I'm targeting and the missile then hasn't fired as I'm ready to fire again straight away with that same missile. Anyone having the same problem? No reloading happens btw when this happens.
Happens to me.
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6646|Germany
me too
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6714|England, UK
I've fired through vehicles before but this new problem is annoying. Had it lots today. Had a Linebacker just round the corner from me whilst playing AT, fired once and the AT missile went straight through, no reload but the same missile was ready again straight away, fired this time and got the mofo. Effectively 2 shots!
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6702|UK
I was in an full APC the other night with my squad and it happened, I had 3 people go "did you see that"? at the same time.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6714|England, UK
Is this the hit box bug or a new problem since patch 1.2? I think its a new problem since the new patch. Is this correct?
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6834|Belgium

Its the newly improved armour, designed by dice, rather than resisting the blast and cope with the damage, it follows another philosophy: go with the flow. Take the path of the least resistance and let the rocket have its way. It can fly happily ever after and you can drive happily ever after. Truly a win - win situation; to keep the AT guy happy, he gets his missile back.

Or... wasn’t that the point?
R
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6714|England, UK

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

Its the newly improved armour, designed by dice, rather than resisting the blast and cope with the damage, it follows another philosophy: go with the flow. Take the path of the least resistance and let the rocket have its way. It can fly happily ever after and you can drive happily ever after. Truly a win - win situation; to keep the AT guy happy, he gets his missile back.

Or... wasn’t that the point?
R
Eh? Can you explain what you mean. Thx
Arkanon
+3|6709|London, UK
Yeah, I've seen my rocket go right through the middle of a tank several times. As if it isn't hard enough to kill a bloody tank.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6834|Belgium

Okay... seriously than...

it's a bug and if I remember correctly it was acknowledged by EA for being a bug. To make it even stranger and thus even more a bug; when this happens the AT guy will not loose a missile, for him it would seem that he never made the shot, although he gets the visuals of throwing away his tube and such, he'll keep the same amount of rockets.

pfff... me not like serious, me rather talk nonsense...

Cheers,
R
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6714|England, UK

Arkanon wrote:

Yeah, I've seen my rocket go right through the middle of a tank several times. As if it isn't hard enough to kill a bloody tank.
Yep, I feel for ya mate. LOL. I've had the same dishearting AT missile launch and failed hit. Gut renching!
Linus
+53|6667
I cant count the number of times my rocket goes thru the grille of opposing vehicles and out
the back...   yet, EA wont fix it.. I have been complaining about this glitch since day 1.. 
However, get a bunch of retards who cant hit a jumping target and EA will release a patch
for it..    EA is a disgrace.  I wouldnt trust them programming my alarm clock, or the time
on a VCR..
Tearsofromance
+0|6701|Canada
ditto
gameaddict
+35|6694|let op drempels

Linus wrote:

I cant count the number of times my rocket goes thru the grille of opposing vehicles and out
the back...   yet, EA wont fix it.. I have been complaining about this glitch since day 1.. 
However, get a bunch of retards who cant hit a jumping target and EA will release a patch
for it..    EA is a disgrace.  I wouldnt trust them programming my alarm clock, or the time
on a VCR..
AMEN
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6714|England, UK
This AT bug is really taking the piss now. I hope its sorted in the next patch ffs. Its now happened to me countless times. FFS.
Torin
+52|6706
Happens to me a lot too. Also happens with the TV missiles.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6714|England, UK

Torin wrote:

Happens to me a lot too. Also happens with the TV missiles.
Yep. I've had it too. I really hope they sort all this crap in patch 1.21.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6684|Everett, WA, US
I have had this problem as well.  As far as I can figure, it doesnt recognize that you fired completely, and only sends an image of the rocket or something.  clicking twice whenever your fire an AT would solve that problem, but then you cant guide the missile.  It sucks when your blasting a tank driving away from you, smoking heavily, and with your last second of seeing it, you hit it!  But no......you didn't even fire.
LuitenantLt.Smash
+0|6697|UK
Ive only experienced it with the sraw, the eryx, rpg7 and all other AT missiles are fine. Tis a major piss-off though, especially when you need one more shot to take out a tank and it doesnt fire properly! C*NT
Torin
+52|6706

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

I have had this problem as well.  As far as I can figure, it doesnt recognize that you fired completely, and only sends an image of the rocket or something.  clicking twice whenever your fire an AT would solve that problem, but then you cant guide the missile.  It sucks when your blasting a tank driving away from you, smoking heavily, and with your last second of seeing it, you hit it!  But no......you didn't even fire.
Well what I've experienced is not that. I've experienced the "fake rockets" shooting and doing nothing, and have a loaded tube left afterwards. But, I've had rockets go through a vehicle and impact/kill something on the other side, so I know the rocket is "real". I've been the gunner in a Cobra, shot an MI-8, had the missile go through it (I mean, how can you miss it?) and then guided it at an APC and killed it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard