K1OVERDOSE
+2|6695
I've searched then forum for answers to my question and can't find them.  So, I resort to putting a new thread up about and old topic.

Let me know if I covered all the bases on this problem:

1. Update PB (Auto and Manual)
2. Firewall reading PB
3. A/V dis-enabled
4. Check mark enable PB on BFHQ screen
5. Re-install

What's next if I still get the error message "Kicked for PB, error 504...."??  And no, I haven't just been a PUNK..  LOL
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6674|Derby, England

K1OVERDOSE wrote:

I've searched then forum for answers to my question and can't find them.  So, I resort to putting a new thread up about and old topic.

Let me know if I covered all the bases on this problem:

1. Update PB (Auto and Manual)
2. Firewall reading PB
3. A/V dis-enabled
4. Check mark enable PB on BFHQ screen
5. Re-install

What's next if I still get the error message "Kicked for PB, error 504...."??  And no, I haven't just been a PUNK..  LOL
Hi bro do u mind taking a screen shot of your error so i can have a look then I can tell u exacly whats up :-) also dos anjyone ells play on your pc?
K1OVERDOSE
+2|6695
Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't.  I'm no good at putting pics on the forum, but here's (verbatum?) what it says.

PUNKBUSTER ERROR
You have been disconnected by Pinkbuster.  The reason follow
in english below.

PUNKBUSTER ERROR MESSAGE
has been kicked via Punkbuster (for 0 minutes) ...
RESTRICTIONS: Blocked O/S Privileges : 508 : 430
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6780

PunkBuster FAQ wrote:

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.
Edit: just incase u need it....
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-bf2.php

1 - disable any security software through msconfig.
2 - make sure your XP account has admin rights. Or give punkbuster and bf2 admin rights.

Last edited by IBKCKNURASS (2006-03-08 07:03:12)

Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6674|Derby, England

IBKCKNURASS wrote:

PunkBuster FAQ wrote:

I keep getting kicked by PunkBuster for "Blocked O/S Privileges"?

Please temporarily disable other security type programs you have running such as anti-virus, process guard, SDProtector, etc. to find out which of them is blocking PB's access to resources on your computer. You either need to run PB without the blocking program(s) or play on non-PB servers. Also make sure you run the game under an Administrator or equivalent account under Windows. If you do have access an admin account, you can right click on the application you want to run and select "Run As". This will allow you to give admin access to that program and should allow you to play with a limited user.
Edit: just incase u need it....
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-bf2.php

1 - disable any security software through msconfig.
2 - make sure your XP account has admin rights. Or give punkbuster and bf2 admin rights.
Try This bro

if u still havin trubles try Manual Update :-) greets Boris
K1OVERDOSE
+2|6695
Passing the word, appreciate the help.  BF2 On Men!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard