NPN_Scorpio
+2|6687|King's Island
I tried to find stuff about this using the SEARCH, but did not find anything covering this exact situation:

(Ok, those of you suffering from "Use the Search"-itis, feel free to to add your useful 2 lines + sig to the thread. It's not as if you have a choice... )

I was MEC commander on a Karkand server last night. The teams were tiny: 8 v 8 or something. We were losing badly, and a few times enemies spawned on flags that did not belong to their team. And no, there were no squadleaders to spawn on, scans, UAV and manual spotting to target supply drops made sure of that.

Suddenly an enemy would appear at a flag spawnpoint, when the scan 2 seconds earlier had shown the closest enemy to be 2 CP:s away.

During the round there was only a single guy doing this (lone wolf or locked 1-man squad), presumably to escape detection.

The end was something else entirely. We had lost all our flags and had 4 soldiers left, close to Gatehouse (neutral and empty). I dropped a crate there, scanned and put a UAV right on the flag. No enemies closer than Cement Factory and Factory. Enemy arty took out 3 of us, but the moment before the last hero captured the point a whole enemy squad spawns around the flag. First UAV sweep (or more like 180 degrees of it): white flag, 1 blue guy, no enemies. Next sweep: still white flag, 1 blue + 6 reds *right on top of the flag*! Thus endeth the last soldier's heroic saga.

What I want to know is: How did they get there? Has anyone else seen this happen? Is there a spawn cheat out there?

It would only take one cheater to produce that spectacular finale. All he had to do was unlock the squad/create a squad and tell his mates to spawn on him.

Last edited by NPN_Scorpio (2006-03-02 04:31:06)

J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6762|Longueuil
I spawned a couple times at enemy spawn points by accident cause autobalance switched me and i switched back but i believe if someone find how to exploit this they will....
I Dont really know how to do it but i know its possible the only times it appenned to me i was so confused that i was getting killed like right after spawning....
Appened a lot in the demo !
shootme_quick
+0|6692
yeah, happened to me once on wake, where i switched teams from us to japs at the start of the round and spawned as jap right on the carrier deck. took out 5 marines by noobtubing twice into the starting transport heli. unfortunatzely, it was close to 60 players on the map, so there were enough marines left to blow my lucky ass into sprapnell-sized meatchunks. Next spwan was regular jap on the airfield.

doesn't explain the scorpio experience though, as the enemies did not switch teams

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard