Maj.Do
+85|6783|good old CA
To anyone who installed it, is it worth it? I hate installing drivers on my comp, usually screws it up.  Also im using 6.1
Rugmonster
+1|6768
I'm planning on trying out the Omega Drivers version of 6.2. I like their drivers a lot since I seem to get better performance out of my card with them. We'll see about 6.2 though. I've heard they are slower on BF2, but that may only be certain models. I have a 9800XT and I'll let you know if I see any noticable difference one way or the other.

Omega Drivers use a simple "Click Next" installer. You can't really screw it up unless you a) turn your power off in the middle of the install b) don't read what it's asking of you during install c) don't reboot once the drivers are done installing.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6723
I am using cat 6.2 with my x850xt and i dont notice anything wrong with it
pasngr
+50|6677
"Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 6.2
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:

BattleField 2 Special Forces: A blooming or ghosting effect is no longer noticed when playing the game in night vision mode. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21648

Known Issues for Catalyst® Software Suite 6.2
The following section provides a summary of open issues in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:

Battlefield 2: The game may exit to the Windows desktop after the game logo is displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21660"

Edit:  oops, sorry link didnt work, just check the release notes on ATI's website

6.1 crashes to desktop enough as it is, and I never play SF, so I'm sticking with what I got.

Last edited by pasngr (2006-03-02 22:23:39)

Maj.Do
+85|6783|good old CA
i have 6.1 and it never crashes : ( and i thought they fixed that problem in 6.1 lol guess not

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard