pish180
+0|6786
Ok... If you are an engineer you can remove AT mines... but why cant you get rid of c4 or claymores????  A claymore should detnate if it detects a grenade throw in front of it.  Or you should be able to crawl up to the front of them to disarm them with any class.  How many times have you played and some idiot runs in front of you and drops a claymore.. and someone on your team does not see it and runs right up to it and kills the whole squad???

C4 shoud be able to get destroyed!!! WITH OUT BLOWING UP!!!  Why when some of these n00bs put c4 on a vehicle and run it into a tank does it blow up?????????  c4 does not work like that!!!!!!!!!!  I MUST BE DETONATED!! You should be able to shoot the c4 and break it up, and ruin it. 

When you go try to capture a spawn pt and it is completly covered in c4... well that guy who put it there, he could be on the other side of the map by now just waiting to see the flag go neutral... then bam.. all dead.  That would acually make you have to hide the c4.  They way it is suppose to be.

Just as with other explosives, you need to apply some energy to C-4 to kick off the chemical reaction. Because of the stabilizer elements, it takes a considerable shock to set off this reaction; lighting the C-4 with a match will just make it burn slowly, like a piece of wood (in Vietnam, soldiers actually burned C-4 as an improvised cooking fire). Even shooting the explosive with a rifle won't trigger the reaction. Only a detonator, or blasting cap will do the job properly.
Souce: http://science.howstuffworks.com/c-42.htm
-------------------------
Another thing... the package of c4 should be a LOT smaller... for the size of explosion it makes!!!! How much c4 1 package the spec ops carries is enought to take out the whole 1st spawn pt in Karkand!!

So i think the package should be smaller and destroyable.   And claymores, should be able to be disarmed by anyone.  Buy you must crawl up the the front... slowly. or the back or them, or set the proxy sensor off with a frag grenade.

Good Idea???
rofo
+0|6827|Austria, Europe
when i read your copy of the c4 description qoute i thought it would be nice to have a tazer...think about running in front of the first house @ karkand where all the usmc nade whores are standing...find a spec ops and shock him...zzzzzip....boooooom

-=rofo{.at}=-[tazer spec-op effect]xxxxxx
xxxxxx [Teamkills] yyyyyyy

hehe
pish180
+0|6786
lol... yeah, that would be funny.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6840|San Francisco

Thing is you can already remove claymores as an engineer, provided you can get around to the back of the thing...

As for c4, I think the best way to deal with that is by simply taking out the spec ops guy who is likely to be hiding close by. Bonus if you want to pick up his kit and use his c4 placements against his own team!
/~GoD~/Tonberry.King
+0|6774
Maybe you can sort of kick the C4. That'd help alot on the first CP in karkland. just boot it down the stairs or off the ladder then:

xxx is no more

or...

xxx[Teamkills]yyy
xxx[Teamkills]yyy
xxx[Teamkills]yyy
xxx is no more.

*crazy person laugh*
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6836|Bryan/College Station, TX
The only reason I can feesibly think that he c4 is as big as it seems is so that enemy can see it if they are looking. Honestly in order to blow most of the stuff in this game the c4 could be a quarter of the current size and still do the job. A handfull could blow a vehicle sized hole in a solid concrete reinforced wall. So given the amount you see in the game I think an entire building is going to come down. Or else the C4 packet you see is actually 60% stick material so it sticks to everything it touches and 40% C4 + detinator. Maybe that's it. Or maybe it's filled with a lot of confettii so when it blows everyone can think its a party.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
pinky_81
+1|6782|Denmark
Actually - a 5kg charge of c4-similar explosives are officially used as personal vs armor explosive in army textbooks... (Satchel charge - Takes guts as they usually have a 5 second fuse)
Obviously these books are from around the cold war - but danish military still have the pouches/bags/satchels for that kind of weapon!!
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
Satchel charges I thought were normal explosives put into a container so that a large boom could be made? To take out large areas of fence lines, walls or to take out people in a bunker and I guess armored vehicles if layed in a trap fasion.  I didn't think it was a pack of C4 is it?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

It could be something else I guess. THe C4 IS in a way a form of satchel charges. So is a bag of plastic explosives (semytex is it?)
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

polarbearz wrote:

It could be something else I guess. THe C4 IS in a way a form of satchel charges. So is a bag of plastic explosives (semytex is it?)
Well yes I'm positive that a C4 pack could act as a Satchel charge and in the same fasion. Are you trying to say that this is the form the programs meant for it to be used as?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6781|Singapore

Yup. Its just a bag of explosives, primer, blasting cap, remote detonation. Not a metallic C4 but a more battleifled handy sort og bag. I would like to see timed detonation on C4 though...
pinky_81
+1|6782|Denmark

kilroy0097 wrote:

Are you trying to say that this is the form the programs meant for it to be used as?
(If some1 ever played DF:BHD or JO/JOe the satchels are what I'm talking about - they ARE real and used)

When the army gets plastic explosives today they get it in 500g bars - when creating a satchel you place 10 bars in it (the satchel is designed to fit perfectly) and fit it with a detonator device (your choice - fuse, trigger, boobytrap trigger etc.)... Anti-tank mines (12kg of Explosives) kan also be used in the same way as you can fit them with detonators of your choice... (different kinds as well) They are just very, very heavy to transport and almost imposible to throw (attraps with same weight is often used as "gifts to carry" in training)

The satchels I described can obviously be usen in many ways (planned or last resort) - against armored vehicles it will be something similar to terminator where the soldiers sneak up on a tank and throws the satchels (quite suicidal if you don't have a plan)...

When someone said the c4 in the game was way too big, I just wanted to share some info...
The arguement that it was so big, so it could be spotted seems like a good one for me...
But it isn't oversized compared to the satchel

Pinky
(Missing 2 x gold medals and 3 x Combat Action Ribbons from Gulf of Oman from yesterday evening - Lost again?? Same happened the day before...)
pish180
+0|6786
No but if they added the feature of shooting at it and destroying it... they they would need to make it smaller.  So you would have to look closer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard