reject2121
+-1|6637
What do you think? Is it a form of stat padding, bad form, or acceptable practice to use one of these servers to get pistol and knife badges? Personally, I think these type of servers are against the spirit of the game. I would never use one to obtain my pistol or knife badge.
bgthigfist
+0|6803
Gee, what a new topic.  I wonder if anyone has ever tried using a knife and pistol server?  Hmmmmmmmm.
devilsreject
+0|6683
i dont know about you or ea but people dont have the time to waste taking a year to get  a certain badge its only a game people need to stop worring baout someone else or stop worrying whsta other people doing///

its a server if he or she doesnt like it dont play on it your not paying for the server so dont play on it

its not hurting you or anyone elese hell jump on the server you might actually llike it

let me see how easy it is to get  your knife or pistol babdge
Canadianinvasion
.:The D€S€RŦ ]V[ǾŲ∩Ŧ€€:.
+6|6642|Behind you with my knife
i kind of like it, as long as they're unranked id play it. Its not like im statspadding on an unranked server
dubbs
+105|6630|Lexington, KY
Personally, I do not think that it is stat padding.  It actually requires more skill play the game with just a knife and/or pistol.  It also makes the game that much fun.  If the game is played as you normally would, it should not be called stat padding.  That is just like says servers that play only one map because you score higher on it is stat padding.
oberst_enzian
+234|6741|melb.au
seriously, i cannot understand why anyone cares. why care about what others do? what difference does it make if some guy is upsidedown in a boat, or on pistol only server?

why would you actually care about stuff like this instead of just playing?

i'm not flaming, just responding to "what do you think?" I have no idea why people actually care about "stat padding".

IMHO they should remove all badges, medals and ribbons from the game, and just leave the k/d accuracy and teamwork etc stats.
reject2121
+-1|6637
I don't think you are flaming. Just trying to get the pulse of the BF2 community. Like I said before, I would not do it but that is because I get a sense of accomplishment from earning a pistol or knife badge in a regular server. I do not pass judgment on anyone who likes pistol and knife servers. If you enjoy them then good for you.
oberst_enzian
+234|6741|melb.au

reject2121 wrote:

I don't think you are flaming. Just trying to get the pulse of the BF2 community. Like I said before, I would not do it but that is because I get a sense of accomplishment from earning a pistol or knife badge in a regular server. I do not pass judgment on anyone who likes pistol and knife servers. If you enjoy them then good for you.
yeah, i know what you mean - i used to enjoy earning stuff too, i just think that the existence of the awards has led to way too much anger and people behaving badly. it actually made me lose interest in the award system altogether. the only things i care about now are k/d, accuracy and things like that (trying to get 2 k/d on assault rifle is my current goal!)

I haven't been on a pistol or knife only server, but i wouldn't mind trying one out to see how i would go: as dubbs mentioned, it would actually take heaps of skill to survive using only those weapons.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-03-01 17:39:38)

TopEkomS
+0|6633
I hear what you are saying, but I dont see anything wrong with it. Sometimes people just want to play something a little different. When Rainbow Six was around I used to enjoy pistol only servers. Takes alot more skill with a pistol, than a rifle or grenade. So no I dont see it as cheating, just another way to play the game.......
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6657|BC, Canada
i agree with them, ea didnt put near enought  dimensions to the gameplay in bf2.  it gets so repeatitive... pistol and knife only servers give a bit of a different game.. so i agree.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6670
Ok before these were bad, I loved playing on them.

Noooo, not for the stat padding (Don't really see it), or badges and or what not.  It's fun.

Now the first game I plaed online was Rainbow six (And the follow ups).

Anyone else who played remembered you could set what kits, equipment, etc you could use.

So one maps it would be pistols, anohter it would be light subs and so on. 

I would love to see this in BF2.  I was on a server and the admin kept changing the game.  One map it was assualt kits only, One was engineers only (Which was alot of fun).  The pump shotgun round was a riot.  Not ONE person complained, everyone was using "all" chatter, laughing and having a good time.  32 people running around with single action pumps was just to funny.   And kinda hard to stat pad on that with no support or medics.

I do not like stat padders.  Nor do I encourage it in any way.

It's just a change of pace, something different, and a hellva lot of fun.

If it could be implimented in a way were people were not geting ridiculous points, that would be very cool.

Anyhow my 2 cents.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6819|Belgium

@Stealth hey now your 2 cents add up to the rest

Cheers,
R
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6670

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

@Stealth hey now your 2 cents add up to the rest

Cheers,
R
hehe, thanks

Sorry didn't see the post.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6746|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

bgthigfist wrote:

Gee, what a new topic.  I wonder if anyone has ever tried using a knife and pistol server?  Hmmmmmmmm.
i just went ona 24/7 karkand server and it was a admin enforced pisotol and knife only server.......i got banned after killling 15 enmeis with one nade ( they were all padding)
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6703|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

EA says its cheating in ranked servers. Unranked servers doing are so fun! As long as its not ranked and an Easy way to get badges.

sum up:
Unranked knife/pistols = AMAZING!!
Ranked = Extremely cheap.
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6680|King's Island

oberst_enzian wrote:

seriously, i cannot understand why anyone cares. why care about what others do? what difference does it make if some guy is upsidedown in a boat, or on pistol only server?

i'm not flaming, just responding to "what do you think?" I have no idea why people actually care about "stat padding".

IMHO they should remove all badges, medals and ribbons from the game, and just leave the k/d accuracy and teamwork etc stats.
One reason to care is the "advanced ranks" concept.

If someone has struggled to get these two badges before 20,000 and receives the rank of First Sergeant he gains an edge in Commander elections for 30,000 points worth of play, 50% more than he already has under his belt.

If he didn't manage to get those badges, he will lose the spot to players who have them for the same amount of time. If those players got their bling fair and square, on normal servers, they deserve that edge. Otherwise they have padded to gain an advantage.

The majority of BF2 players come from various FPS titles and couldn't care less about being commander, but for someone like myself with many more hours (years) logged playing RTS and simulators that position provides the best opportunity to make myself useful for the team. This is my first online FPS, as can be seen from my lousy combat stats. (They are improving, though:))

It is just a game, sure, but any game worth playing is worth taking seriously on some level.
HM1{N}
+86|6642|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

NPN_Scorpio wrote:

oberst_enzian wrote:

One reason to care is the "advanced ranks" concept.

If someone has struggled to get these two badges before 20,000 and receives the rank of First Sergeant he gains an edge in Commander elections for 30,000 points worth of play, 50% more than he already has under his belt.

If he didn't manage to get those badges, he will lose the spot to players who have them for the same amount of time. If those players got their bling fair and square, on normal servers, they deserve that edge. Otherwise they have padded to gain an advantage.

The majority of BF2 players come from various FPS titles and couldn't care less about being commander, but for someone like myself with many more hours (years) logged playing RTS and simulators that position provides the best opportunity to make myself useful for the team. This is my first online FPS, as can be seen from my lousy combat stats. (They are improving, though:))

It is just a game, sure, but any game worth playing is worth taking seriously on some level.
I agree to an extent, I earned mine fairly, but I am having trouble getting the veteran pistol and knife badge.  Every time I try to get it some weasel on the other team shoots me in the back with an auto and I can never reach the required amount in time.

A pistol and knife only server would help solve that problem...
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6651|pimelteror.de
the idea of all these badges is, to prove your skills. also you need a big portion of luck, but it is skill, that let´s you EARN those badges. if you don´t get it in normal game, try again and again, until you get it.

if you don´t want to EARN it, but still want to HAVE it -  you could also statpad/cheat it. and if your accuracy and k/d-ratio suck, you could also use some aimbots or wallhacks... understand what i want to say?

whatever... do what you want... it´s just a game and nobody gets hurt, when you statpad a little for the knife and  pistol badge.. by the way: i´m trying hard to earn my veteran explosive badge, but this is really hard to get... damn it...
Prince1215
+9|6645|New Jersey
Ok well i know some people that play on pistol and knive servers and some people get there stats wipped b/c  people like to complain about it b/c someone has a better score than others than they report it and they get there stats wipped. First off, to be honest that is bullshit b/c if someone is tryin to get kills wit pistols or something, that is the server rules, they made the server for a purpose. It is hard to get 18 knive or 18 pistol kills IAR. To be honest i think it is kool b/c some people say it could take a year to get those medals. Admins of the server like to make rules clear, am I right? Also i would like to say to those who do go to pistol and knive servers, u could also get a good commander score too so it isnt wrong. So wat im trying to say is that its ok to have servers like that. That is wat they bought the server for and for ppl to have fun. It does take alot of skill to shoot wit a pistol and try to kill wit a knive while people like to jump around. So if anyone likes to comment on it go ahead, everyone has a right to their own freedom of speech. Its America God Damn It!!!!!! LOL
WinstontheWolf
+11|6688

Prince1215 wrote:

So wat im trying to say is that its ok to have servers like that. That is wat they bought the server for and for ppl to have fun.
If you ask me I don't agree with this kind of reasoning. Yes, if they buy a server then they should be able to do whatever they want...UNLESS it is a ranked server. Then they should of course run it according to the rules of ranked servers. If not, the whole "ranked server"-thing would be void, wouldn't it? If you'd have certain ranked server that allowed hacks and playing only with c4 (lol), etc., then EA could just as well call all bf2-servers ranked (or none; perhaps more meaningful..?).

So, yes, it's obviously cheating, if you use that word about anything.
belikeron
+-1|6631

mr.widdim wrote:

sum up:
Unranked knife/pistols = AMAZING!!
Ranked = Extremely cheap.
Quoted for truth.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6690|Calgary

Prince1215 wrote:

Ok well i know some people that play on pistol and knive servers and some people get there stats wipped b/c  people like to complain about it b/c someone has a better score than others than they report it and they get there stats wipped. First off, to be honest that is bullshit b/c if someone is tryin to get kills wit pistols or something, that is the server rules, they made the server for a purpose. It is hard to get 18 knive or 18 pistol kills IAR. To be honest i think it is kool b/c some people say it could take a year to get those medals. Admins of the server like to make rules clear, am I right? Also i would like to say to those who do go to pistol and knive servers, u could also get a good commander score too so it isnt wrong. So wat im trying to say is that its ok to have servers like that. That is wat they bought the server for and for ppl to have fun. It does take alot of skill to shoot wit a pistol and try to kill wit a knive while people like to jump around. So if anyone likes to comment on it go ahead, everyone has a right to their own freedom of speech. Its America God Damn It!!!!!! LOL
What don't you understand about the phase "it's cheating". Yes, they are hard to get, that's why it's called expert. To cheat, undermines the people that work hard to achieve those rewards. Remember, if you play BF 2 you have already, in contract, agreed to play by the rules. And Pistol and knife only servers (ranked) are against the rules. Its that simple.
xconrob
Banned
+0|6669|Canada

reject2121 wrote:

What do you think? Is it a form of stat padding, bad form, or acceptable practice to use one of these servers to get pistol and knife badges? Personally, I think these type of servers are against the spirit of the game. I would never use one to obtain my pistol or knife badge.
R THEY  HACKING I WLL REPORT THEM
FromTheAshes
+53|6703

oberst_enzian wrote:

sgt.vinny
Banned
+0|6660
ill knife u

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard