TheLevyMonster
+0|6672
I no, I no the number of threads about the same thing is rediculous and I have tried searching and ive tried everything I could find and understand...

The Problem: "There is a problem with your connection" displayed for about 2 seconds and ping shoots up to somewhere around 1000 then returns to normal. The normal ping is 20. This seems to happen aprticularly when something big happens for instance if im getting into a helo copter or if i see someone close to me...

My Equiptment: Netgear DG824GT router with firewall (all necessary ports already forwarded), Belkin 54g wireless USB network adaptor. 2gb Ram , RADEON x850 GFx card. Im on a 2GB AOL connection (AOL i no i no)

What I Have Tried So Far: Disabling my software firewall, forwarding ports onm the router firewall, changhing MTU size, turning off voip, updating NETGEAR router drivers, reinstalling BF2, manually updating punkbuster, reconfigering router from scratch...

Ive been struggling with this problem for over a week now and im pretty sure its not just going to go away... any other sugestions other than the above would be much appreciated, and I hope it will also help out anyone in the same position as me as I know its a common issue.

Cheers, Levy
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6717|S.E. United States
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6724|UK
Sometimes its a server spike
TheLevyMonster
+0|6672
naaa it happens on every server all the time... and only to me
autarkie
+0|6720

TheLevyMonster wrote:

I no, I no the number of threads about the same thing is rediculous and I have tried searching and ive tried everything I could find and understand...

My Equiptment: Netgear DG824GT router with firewall (all necessary ports already forwarded), Belkin 54g wireless USB network adaptor. 2gb Ram , RADEON x850 GFx card. Im on a 2GB AOL connection (AOL i no i no)

Cheers, Levy
I had the same problem. Very annoying when you are flying something.

The problem is in the wireless. Since I connected a cable to the very same (wireless) router, the things got all smooth. You might wanna try that. I know it's not what you've expected when you went for a wireless connection, but that's what it takes to play the game.
TheLevyMonster
+0|6672
yea I was thinkin that myself just trying to think of any other solutions.. :'( ah well il jst wait untill ea support gives me the thumbs down then buy me a cable
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6668|Derby, England

Ok sum of the reasons that can happen as follows

Graphics card ( u might need a Better one ) Bifore u do that...

I would sugest getin memorystick I use2 get same problems after spending 130 qweed to upgrade from 256megs to 2gigs Now I dont have that problem and can even play My settings on  medium

get more memory and see if u get same problem if u do then u will know u will need a better graphics card houpe this will help u But U dont need 2 gigs spend about 60 qweed and get 1 gig of memory stick and if you dont have top of the range graphics card then i would sugest puting your ingame video settings to Low

peace Boris
TheLevyMonster
+0|6672
2gb ram and RADEON x850 im pretty sure thats enough, sespeially coniderin it was playin fine till a while ago
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6668|Derby, England

TheLevyMonster wrote:

2gb ram and RADEON x850 im pretty sure thats enough, sespeially coniderin it was playin fine till a while ago
do u have fire wall on ?

also do following

click start
click run
type msconfig go start up and see what u have checked there as I get filling u have programs runing on your start up that might cause the lag ingame

if u have loads of boxis tiked there uncheck them all hit apply it will ask u if u wan2 restart click yeap it will restart and I thing u will find it will get read of half of the icons loading on start up next2 the clock on your desktop ( dont worry it will recheck it self all the ones it needs ) see how u get on Peace bro Boris
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6724|UK
When I play bf2 the only process I run is BF2.exe and the other thing.

I've never used firewalls ect.

Never ever had a virus (I do regulary sys32 folder checks and msconfig checks to see)
Skinnister
+43|6761|UK
nope got it all wrong, it has to do with the new 1.2 patch yes most because the punkbuster has been upgraded and it checks your connection every 20 seconds for some stupid reason,but there is a setting you can type into the command promt in game to where it checks it only every 500 seconds. IM me ill let you know how(P.S. it is completly legal and you wont get in trouble for it ok) Im just at work and dont have the settings here and it will improve game play greatly..promise
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6717|S.E. United States
its not a memory problem
ram = memory
its a connection problem,connection has nothing to do with memory
skinnister had hit the nail on the head
thats why earlier I replied
TheLevyMonster
+0|6672
ok cheers guys however so far no joy i suppose il wait for 1.21 and skinnister nxt time ur online il hav to ask u on pm wtf ur on about lol im a noob here
Skinnister
+43|6761|UK
OK here we go....
Press the button next to the 1 on your keyboard minw is (¬) normaly its the tidle key this will bring down the command prompt IN the gam, while you are in the game and in the command promt type in the following.....

pb_sleep 500 (this will make punkbuster do its thing every 500 seconds instead of every 20 seconds which creats most of the lag)

Then type in..
pb_writecfg (this will save it to you BF2 files so you dont have to type it in the game again)

P.s. you have to be in a sever playing to do this
TheLevyMonster
+0|6672
ok cheers mate il give it a shot and report bak
TheLevyMonster
+0|6672
ok dude that has been 1 hell of a step in the right direction, the connection errors are occuring less often and generally for a shrter time, however they are still hapening, but much of the time the ping doesnt even get displaed as jumping up.

Thanks alot skinnister.
Skinnister
+43|6761|UK
no problem man glad I could help
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6873

Skinnister wrote:

OK here we go....
Press the button next to the 1 on your keyboard minw is (¬) normaly its the tidle key this will bring down the command prompt IN the gam, while you are in the game and in the command promt type in the following.....

pb_sleep 500 (this will make punkbuster do its thing every 500 seconds instead of every 20 seconds which creats most of the lag)

Then type in..
pb_writecfg (this will save it to you BF2 files so you dont have to type it in the game again)

Skinster is now intitled to oral sex from my GF
TheLevyMonster
+0|6672
hmm new problem lol my computer desnt see the touter when i connect it with a wire, but the router sees the computer cos the port lights up... HELP
Skinnister
+43|6761|UK

Horseman 77 wrote:

Skinnister wrote:

OK here we go....

Then type in..

Skinster is now intitled to oral sex from my GF
lol look forward to it
Skinnister
+43|6761|UK

TheLevyMonster wrote:

hmm new problem lol my computer desnt see the touter when i connect it with a wire, but the router sees the computer cos the port lights up... HELP
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sup … g_help.htm try this and let me know if it helped, i got mine up and running great but that was a while ago, i need to go back and remember how I did it  lol
Skinnister
+43|6761|UK
Levy have a look at this forum a guy had the same problem as you, with the same router...... http://forum1.netgear.com/support/viewt … 4a90c31187

Last edited by Skinnister (2006-03-04 18:09:34)

aib73412
+0|6766|im from idaho but liven in MD
if you hit the ` sign when you get into a server and type pb_sleep 500   this will tell punkbuster to update every 500 second instead of 20 seconds. Also it could be a server problem i have top line shit on my computer and i get server connection problem one or two per game, 2 7800 gtx 4 gigs of ddr2 corsair mem, for get which one, if its not a server problem then it could deal with your connection. Meaning  that there could be alot of people on at the time your playing and when say on , i do not mean bf2 i mean people in general on the internet doing what ever they do.

Im pretty sure that this is the problem if im wrong  well what can i say?

try going to majorgeeks website majorgeeks.com do a search in the all in one tools thats on the left hand side scroll down till you find speedxp down load this has networking/ slash internet speed up. i tried this out its freeware so dont worry. but it work great. if you find that this does not help well im sorry but i tried. anyone got any other programs that might help?
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6691|Brisbane, Australia

hmm i am getting this problem too, however i know the answer, i am also using a wireless router and my connection as of this moment is "very low" which is one bar, the max is 5, a few days ago i had been getting 3-4 bars, then i had to reboot the router because my brother fiddled with it, and now im back to square one

my advice is: wait it out, the connection will increase over time
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6806|AUS, Canberra
its just part of bf2. when it is happening alot in one round i bet if you ask you will find out it is happeing to everyone on the server, as is the case with internode last night and the last few weeks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard