Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
Hey, just wondering if there was a possible cheat in the game. I was playing the other day, and this guy was flying around in the attack chopper, absolutely devasting people with the tv-guided missle. I was thinking, man this guy is really lucky. He keeps nailing me with the tv guided missle from far away, and im not hovering, im accelerating forward and moving side to side. He shot me down maybe four times, so im thinking this guy is really, really lucky. After he killed me, i ended up being a co-pilot, so im scanning around trying to spot the guy, and i see him out of the corner of my screen... spinning outta control, and outta no where i see the tvguided missle coming right after us boom killing us. The guy was the only person in the chopper.... i tried replicating this feat on single player, and i couldnt even hit ground targets, let alone a moving chopper with an experienced pilot in multiplayer, has anyone else seen this? is there possibly an exploit in the game.. by the way, the guy ended up with three times as many kills and hardly any deaths for the next couple rounds. i questioned him on it, and he called me a noob... just wondering if this has happened to anyone else
sfg-Ice__
+4|6653
Are you sure he was the only guy in there.  The copilot won;t show up when you look at the chopper?
killingseed
+-1|6645
doesnt matter i have dont that myself! its easy switch seat and shot ! score !
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
It is possible for a guy in the chopper to switch and fire the tv missle and then switch back and continue flying.  It's not an easy feat, but it can be done.  It's also very annoying when someone does it to you. 
He just has to have enough altitude and space so he doesn't hit anything when he's not flying.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Could possibly have been me....was it Dragon Valley?  This IS possible, just ask any experienced pilot/gunner, actually not that hard to do.  Personally, I have found that Dragon Valley is the easiest map to do this on.  Definately not a cheat, just a lot of practice flying alone.  You will notice in trying to do this that you need to aim to the left a little to compensate for the spinning.  Try it out sometime!
Gabbo
+1|6698
OMFG loco im sorry but ur a noob i do this all the time i actually perfer that there is no co pilot for me im  excellent at the tv hardly ever miss just PRACTICE
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Could possibly have been me....was it Dragon Valley?  This IS possible, just ask any experienced pilot/gunner, actually not that hard to do.  Personally, I have found that Dragon Valley is the easiest map to do this on.  Definately not a cheat, just a lot of practice flying alone.  You will notice in trying to do this that you need to aim to the left a little to compensate for the spinning.  Try it out sometime!
...so you spent that million bucks buying a good computer and playing BF2, huh?
Gabbo
+1|6698

DSRTurtle wrote:

It is possible for a guy in the chopper to switch and fire the tv missle and then switch back and continue flying.  It's not an easy feat, but it can be done.  It's also very annoying when someone does it to you. 
He just has to have enough altitude and space so he doesn't hit anything when he's not flying.
Its really easy to do all u do is press F2 and the heli just spins in the air never crash
Locoloki
yes he was alone.....  it says +1, whenever there are two people in a vehicle, enemy or friendly, besides 100 percent accuracy??? its not like he was shooting and missing.. just wondering if there is an exploit, im sure its possible. i have been practicing , aiming slightly to the left and at a slight downward angle... but this guy did not miss.. period

Last edited by Locoloki (2006-03-01 15:02:18)

Gabbo
+1|6698

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Ken my ass u can do good in dragon valley with the tv ITS FRICKEN ALL LIGHT U CANT SEE SHIT
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

ThomasMorgan wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

...so you spent that million bucks buying a good computer and playing BF2, huh?
I'll take Video Games for $2000 Alex.

What is, "Battlefied 2" Alex?
maef
+67|6683|Tulln, Austria
there are quite a lot of people that prefer to fly attack choppers alone.
they usually get the chopper to a static hovering position, change to the gunner seat, quickly fire the tv missile and get back to the pilot position to move on.

so far the situation is quite reasonable, but how is he supposed to make a precise tv-guided shot when "spinning outta control". something sounds strange about that.
tho theoretically it's possible. he knows where you are, switches to gunner seat and just waits till he's spinned enough to have your chopper on the screen. as soon as he fires the missile the view is independant of the movement of the chopper.
but this positioning and shot would really take some massively mad skills.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Gabbo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Ken my ass u can do good in dragon valley with the tv ITS FRICKEN ALL LIGHT U CANT SEE SHIT
No, just fly high enough so that there is a background to shoot against.  It's one of my favorite heli maps.  Try it some time, just because you can't figure out how to do it doesn't mean I'm lying.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6745|Houston, TX
I've heard of this.  A player jumps in a chopper and begins to ascend. (assume he is within TV missle distance from an enemy)  Amidst the ascension, he switches to the gunner's seat and switches to the tv missle screen.  With good timing and a little luck, he launches a missle when the helo is facing the correct direction.  Now he has a tv missle view (stable), whilst his chopper spins outta control.  He guides the missle to the target, blammo.  Then jumps into the pilot's seat and resumes flying the chopper, which has been spiraling out of control up till now.  I think the trick is to get the chopper to spiral out of control in an upward spin.  This way you won't crash into the ground.  How he keeps it from yawing too much (flipping on it's side) is beyond me.

KJ

PS just get a gunner and have more fun.  It's too unrealistic in my opinion to switch mid flight.  (Has saved my chopper after a sniper got my gunner though)
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6637|USA
u sure he didnt just press f2 real quick high in the air then shoot u with a tv then switch back to pilot? cause then he tvs u and switches back to driver
Locoloki
it was actually operation clean sweep.... wow i guess eveyone that posted is an expert heli flyer, but i 2 can press f-2 and will one day demolish everyone with a tvguided missle from my just starting to spin helo
DrakeRide55
+5|6653
One of the few threads that I have learned something on, nice.
arnica
+18|6680|Sydney
Now that's multi-tasking .....
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6635|Prolly on wake.
The guy who turned me onto this game is a very skilled pilot and has on more than one occassion shown off for me by switching from the pilot to the gunner of his chopper. You likley just ran up against one of these guys who has it down to a sience.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
Yeah, I like to do that. Aim slightly left and have a near perfect hover. I know it probably seemed like he never missed but I bet he did a few times. Although if you give a good gunner room to shoot and readjust his shot, say maybe 200-300 meters, he can hit you just about every time. Now what's really fun to do as a gunner is send a tv missle up a slow flying jet pilots ass. They never expect that one.
Drunkaholic
+4|6724
First of all, Use the search, Lokoloci.

Secondly, why the hell is this in the BF2 Compaints section?!
DSRTurtle
+56|6686

Drunkaholic wrote:

First of all, Use the search, Lokoloci.

Secondly, why the hell is this in the BF2 Compaints section?!
Because he thought someone was hacking or cheating when he posted the question.  It is a legitmate question to.  I know, because I have had it done to me and wondered about it.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland
There is nothing strange about it. When you switch to the co-pilot seat the chopper starts to spin and gain altitude the same way when you press "forward" and "right". When you shoot the TV missile, the missile flies just as it normally would and can be guided the exact same way. When you have guided it to it's target just press F1 and continue.
-=WM=-KobraKai
+0|6631
I tried doing it once and it keeps spinning out of control on me LMAO i cant do it . I hit the radio tower  before i hit any chopper.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6685|Espoo, Finland

-=WM=-KobraKai wrote:

I tried doing it once and it keeps spinning out of control on me LMAO i cant do it . I hit the radio tower  before i hit any chopper.
Practise, practise, practise...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard