Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6710|Germany
I'll just copy what I posted in the "What do you wanna see in the next patch"-thread:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

And besides the usual changes(remove those damn bugs!) I'd like to see a queue-system for choppers and jets.
If the people don't wanna be civilized you gotta force 'em to.

There's this typical scene:

You wait at the airfield,right on the spawnpoint of the jet,pressing E all the time so you immediately enter the vehicle when it spawns.

Suddenly another guy appears,probably the noob who crashed the thing 30 seconds ago,looks at you as if he is asking himself whether to teamkill you or not and probably starts shooting at the ground or some other "threatening" nonsense.

Now you are in a competition,who presses E first at the right time?

Ok,basically that's fair,it's either you or the other guy...

But the part that pisses me off that when I get the jet before the other guy he's stubborn like a little child and stays in front of the jet,just to get teamkilled so he can punish you!
What's the logic behind that,except some stupid,childish "boo-hoo,he got MY jet!"-logic?
Does he really think he can pull that off so many times to get me kicked?(The last guy who tried didn't,I had so much fun watching him standing in the hangar while I reloaded my MiG-29 over and over again. )

And what do these people expect you to do?
"Ohh,I'm so sorry,Pvt. Noob,here,take the jet!I'm a Sergeant Major and don't crash this thing every time I take off,but when you really insist on YOUR jet I'll just walk..."

What about standing in line?
It's just civilized,usually when I see somebody at a jetspawnpoint I look for an alternative vehicle or just wait.
This walking up to the guy and having to compete to get the jet first just makes bad blood and ultimately leads to teamkilling due to frustration of always being the guy who presses E not fast enough.

There should be a queuelist for each hangar,only the player who enters the hangar first can enter the spawned vehicle,the other,following players can't enter but the queue moves up one player when the vehicle leaves the hangar or something like that.

Want a jet?Take a number!

Some people won't like this idea,but I think it would really seperate the men from the boys,if you are skilled enough to stay in the air you won't have to stand in queue again.And it would force some smacktards to behave in a civilized way rather than teamkilling your way into the cockpit.
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6609|Ohio, USA
I think that this would be a terrible idea.  As others have stated, it just would not accomplish anything except for favoring those who have put a ton of hours in already.  It would be nearly impossible for those who are new to be able to fly.  As for whoever said "play single player" well that doesn't help much as it doesn't add time to total fly time, only in ranked servers.  So overall this idea would be impossible to implement.  Although I do wish they would take out runway tks (and do the * is no more idea).

as for waiting, that is what works, but really... what a dumb idea as well.  The way I look at it, if Ican't get in the heli/jet or whatever I continue on foot.  If I happen to spawn next time, by the jet/heli, and there isn't someone annoyingly waiting for it, then I will take off.

Last edited by Janus67 (2006-04-07 12:42:47)

jjrp02
+18|6661|Baton Rouge, LA, USA
yeah it is a good idea...

but I have to go against it...simply because all the officer  jet whores will get it every time and nobody else would have an opportunity to fly....
Da_MaDd_HaTtA
+2|6674|Brisbane
myself and mate have had a similar discussion and e came to the conclusion of a "pilot Class" equipment wise it would have an SMG, pistol, knife and coloured smoke (different colour different team) now there is a limit on the number of pilots and it uses the same princilpes as the commander election and its simple, if your not a pilot you cannot fly eg cannot be seat 1 in an arial vehicle. this means you can still gun for choppers and bombers as infantry but NOT fly.
Shadovve
+10|6617|Columbus, OH
OK here is my Idea.  If you enter the hanger/Helopad first, you are the only one that can get in the vehicle, if it's 2 seater, then the first 2 are allowed in (or you create an accept/Deny system for the pilot to choose is gunner.  It could work similar to the range on the capture points.  (The first one that enters get 2 points for the capture the rest get 1).  Should be pretty easy to recycle code.  Teamkilling in this situation, should be an automatic kick from the server.

Next make it so that running over someone with a plane, or a helo just knocks them out of the way.  This maneuver does not need to do damage.  Honestly how often do you try to run over someone with an airplane.  Un realistic? yes, but it does solve the problem of the noob standing in front of you.

I don't think you need an actual Queue.  If you are the thrid person to the helopad, you can be first on the next spawn, provided you don't leave the area, if you do, then you need to make sure you are the first back in again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard