RSI_paratrooper
+2|6647
To stop n00bs shooting you in the back for jets or choppers EA/DICE should change the game so that you apply for the right to fly in a round. If you don't succeed you can't use the assets.

Learn to make it in a team on the ground before you fart your way into the sky.

Who is for and who is against and why???
Chaos81
+5|6689
How would you decide who gets to fly?
SpecialOp21
+0|6706|USA
This system is already in place; whoever shoots the pilot in the head with the m95 first earns the right to fly.

Last edited by SpecialOp21 (2006-02-28 23:59:47)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6645|Malibu
Let the system of chooing commander take place for this concept.
It is based on the Ranking and global score, and you will be placed on a queue to get into the plane.
Only the person with the permit will be allowed to get into the plane.
RSI_paratrooper
+2|6647
Chaos: as Storm said, using the same methodology as who gets to be commander. The most experienced person who applies gets the slot.
xbrandomx
+9|6650
but how do you gain experience if you can't fly in the first place?

You learn from nothing?  Let the nubs fly and die.

yes, I find it annoying that they do end up flying... but how will they learn if you don't let them?
RSI_paratrooper
+2|6647
How do they learn? It's called single player.
F.Rabshaw
+37|6683
I think if you tk people with certain weapons (ie: m95, knife) you should be kicked as they are 99% of the time intentional.
RSI_paratrooper
+2|6647
I have unintentionally TKd people with the sniper rifle. On Surge there is a bunker that's really good for sniping from. you often get a couple of snipers in it. No to keep my barrel from view I stand at the back of the bunker even though it limits my vision. I'm zoomed and just as I click the back of a skull appears in fine detail in my xhairs..... Teamkill....Punish. Bloody fool! You're right though it is unusual. The Red/Blue bug has got me a few times too when the guy in my xhairs is at the limit of vision so you can't tell by the uniform.
DarkObsidian
+6|6637|Arizona, USA
You'll all bitch about this one, but I think only those with Officer ranks should be able to fly, as in the real military.
RSI_paratrooper
+2|6647
Dark: I'm not bitching, sounds good to me but you'll still get teamkilling gits at oroficer level. 12 year olds can reach pretty high ranks because they've got so much time on their hands and aren't old enough to J/O to pr0n yet.
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6794|South Cybertown, Texas
StormEye Let the system of choosing commander takes place for this concept.
It is based on the Ranking and global score, and you will be placed on a queue to get into the plane.
I can see merit in this post!

Like Storm said, let the current system used for choosing the commander dictate who fly’s.

As for TK’s! I wander if EA could make it so that if you TK someone in a hanger (in a plane or waiting for a plane) you get like -50 or -100  points which would get you kicked from almost any server.

The only problem I can see that would need to be fixed first is making it imposable for people to stand in front or around the plane to be TKed after you get into it (which just pisses me off)!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Nice idea in some aspects, but it just about guarantees that newer players, or players who don't play that often, even if they might be veteran BF1942 demo dogfighters, would get almost a zero chance of being in the air.
cat4ever
+69|6754|CATALONIA
I thing the player with the less time using this veicles should have the rights to use them , who agrees?
cat4ever
+69|6754|CATALONIA
I thing the player with the less time using this veicles should have the rights to use them , who agrees?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

cat4ever wrote:

Which would be unfair to experienced players. How would you implement something like that? Allow someone with one hour of global piloting time (and say 5 kills and 30 deaths) to enter a jet...displacing someone with fifty hours (with  maybe 3000 kills and 50 deaths), as if he was just a plain bot?

I suppose you could implement a "queue" system where people apply for piloting rights and are entered according to "who clicked first", but then people with slower systems would be at a loss due to the inability to beat anyone with a Raptor hard drive to the punch when the map loads. And if that gets implemented, where does it end? FAV's? Infantry kits?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-01 12:53:20)

NZDeathBoy
+20|6700|Chch, New Zealand
I can't fly. period. but i'm going to put in my 2c worth. Having a queue to fly is stupid, you can't impelement it fairly. And you can't compare it to the comander way, as a comander you have to contrall the WHOLE team, not just a plane.
Geting into somethign to fly should be fair game, 1st in best dressed, yes the tk'n is stupid, thats why ea shud have a range with any area of any vehical spawn point, if you tk you go, simple as that.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6636|Prolly on wake.
Hee hee hee,

I become a little more happy that I never had any interest in the flying on this game everyday!!

I never have had another support player TK me for the right to re-arm the assult guy who just called for ammo....
-=S8M=-Phoenix
+45|6794|South Cybertown, Texas
Volatile_Squirrel, it's not about the toys, its about fair play with the toys.

Here is one: You noticed that there are no friendly planes in the air so you wandered over to the empty runway or hanger to wait for the plane to spawn. Than while your waiting, someone runs up and joins you.

There is one hanger and one plane that spawns there, what is this person going to do?

A. Sees that you were there first and leaves?
B. Waits for the next plane?
C. Hopes he/she can beat you into the next plane?
D. TKs you either before or just after the plane spawns?

It would be nice if the majority of the players would see that your waiting and just f$@k off, but they don't!

Last edited by -=S8M=-Phoenix (2006-03-02 00:57:46)

NZDeathBoy
+20|6700|Chch, New Zealand
waht is it about tking for planes etc? i mean, im starting to use tanks a bit, but i don't tk people. and if i get in there first no one tks me, and you can get jsut as many points with a tank or apc if you know how to use them...

And d4rkph03n1x, having that sheild aroudn the run way is kinda a bad, to a point (IMO) as, the run way is quite big, so if someone has got into a jet, and is taking off, and i wanna cross the runway at the end or near the end with an enemy chaseing me i'll get tellyported??? And where to? Do you get bounced off or pushed forward???

But your point on the "x is no more" instead of geting a tk, is a good point.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield
...and to conclude this, that's why people play City Maps. To stay away from tking-get-away-from-my-plane-bitch. It's doesn't pay to be nice that's for sure. Here's a story to add: Wake Isle, see only one person in queue and noticed our jet just crashed into a tree, so I said to myself I'll wait until this guy crashes and get something to drink, but as I got there I shake my pixel head up and down saying it's his, I got the next one, but too make sure he got it he shot me with his G36E. Not only was he a medic and not revive me, he flew off and ran into the building. I got banned from that server for excessive tk's, let's just say he never got back into a jet that round or the next.
JimKong
+31|6643|Ohio
Worst. Idea. Ever.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6691|The Netherlands
dude that would suck

EA should make it impossible to shoot allies through the cockpit glass with the M95, as well as making it impossible to make a teamkill while you're in take off and there are allies in front of your plane.

Last edited by =TH=[Eleanor]-NL- (2006-03-02 04:54:11)

JimKong
+31|6643|Ohio
Add more jets. Make A-A even better (increase flare effectiveness though). Solution solved.
schakl
+21|6690
What about that:
After a teamkill which was punished, you are not able to enter a plane/tank/helo for a period of time (e.g. 1 minute). This will make intentionally TKs useless and it might be easy to implement (lock enter button for some time).

Hawk

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard