• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • AHHH BF2 wont load without an internet connection!!!!!
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6701|Vancouver BC Canada
Ok, this is the deal. Im on cable from a shitty cable provider, but due to the fact that i live out of town the only other option is dial up(shudders at the thought}. So anyhow, i commonly lose my connection for a 12hr period and for some reason BF2 wont even load without the internet, it crashes on the movies. However as soon as i get my connection back it works fine. WTF?

Anyhow, i dont play much BF2 singleplayer anyhow so it really doesnt matter, but i am curious.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6737|Rochester, NY
whaaaa??? never happened to me... interesting...
the_ubernoob_
+8|6750
Because EA assumes that you will always want to click on BFHQ every time you turn the game on.

Its not a glitch...just a very poor idea EA had (sort of like having to "verify client data" after the map has finsihed loading)
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6729|Indianapolis, IN
hmm....
My friend doesnt have an internet connection where he lives(other than half speed dial up).  He plays single player all the time.  Then will come to lan parties and connect fine with the internet. 
You can tell that he only plays at lan parties too.
http://www.bf2s.com/player/44488105/

Good luck trying to get bf2 working.
Maj.Do
+85|6759|good old CA

the_outsider38 wrote:

Ok, this is the deal. Im on cable from a shitty cable provider, but due to the fact that i live out of town the only other option is dial up(shudders at the thought}. So anyhow, i commonly lose my connection for a 12hr period and for some reason BF2 wont even load without the internet, it crashes on the movies. However as soon as i get my connection back it works fine. WTF?

Anyhow, i dont play much BF2 singleplayer anyhow so it really doesnt matter, but i am curious.
weird what service provider?  maybe try sat. connection?  the crashing part i can answer
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
Yea i dunno, mine went balisic at a lan party too... ended up playing with the Quake 4  guys instead...
Im on Citywest now, Its a local provider, they just took over from the old cable provider, who was equally as shitty. Maybe i should create a single acount before trying to load it without a connection? It still refuses to work without the internet.
For satalite i'd have to cut down about 5-10 of my neighbors trees...damned tall ones too.
Pagan[CyC]
DAO12 Whore
+1|6772
This has happened to me when my connection was down.  At first I thought the game had locked up, but after a few times I happened to walk away while it was in that state.  When I returned I was able to play locally.  After that I knew to wait a couple minutes.  Give that a try next time.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
Mine actually goes to a "not responoding" status in the task manager so its good and locked.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • AHHH BF2 wont load without an internet connection!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard