Kwalken
+1|6657
EvilMonkeySlayer
EDIT: On a sidenote, has anyone else noticed an oddity with the L96? For example, long range sniping. I aim ever so slightly above the head and am usually gifted with an instant kill or an injury in which case I quickly finish them off. However, it'll occasionally miss altogether.. which seems odd. I mean, it must hit some part of the body?
Perhaps it's because i'm killing them at practically the edge of the draw distance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I think I've had such an occasion few times. I don't know how or why it happened but it happened.
Here is my example.
Distance was quite far so all I could see was an enemy's fuzzy silluette.
I shot at between chest and abdomen of an enemy standing on the roof top. and... what? I missed that shot. How? A bullet just past through between his legs or what? The bullet drop shouldn't be that much as far as I experienced.
With my second shot at the same point, I hit him good. He ran away..
so I thought "strange... Was it due to lag or what?"
I still don't know what happened at that time..

I have a bit different story. I've experienced this few times either. I don't know it's happened by lag. anyway..
An enemy support guy was busy of throwing granades costantly and didn't know my apporoaching. I shot an enemy's head with my beloved L96 from just a few meters away (through the scope, you can see his head as if it's just right in front of your nose). Puff of smoke arose from his head and died after 1 seconds or so.
what the..
There was a delay. It felt like I shot a guy from a far distance.. like at the Wake map.
Operator_Stavros
+3|6756
All those posting their percentages, or who plan to do so, also post your kill count and sniper rifle time as it has a direct bearing on the type of shots you are taking. 

If I wanted to I could have spent the last 93+ hours holding a sniper rifle, waiting for the perfect shots I knew I would hit to retain a higher accuracy, but then again I probably wouldn't have over 3,000 sniper rifle kills.  I like to chance the running shot, and my ping fluctuates so lead time varies and misses occur. 

I also liked to (pre 1.2 and the L96 on MEC and PLA) use that god awful M95 against fast moving Cobras and chance shots at the cockpit glass as they buzz by.  I have a tally sheet on the side of my monitor which is funny but kinda sad, and for the hundreds of shots Ive taken at them I have killed exactly a dozen Chopper pilots/gunners behind glass, and completely destroyed 7 Cobras, 2 Stolen Havocs, 3 Blackhawks, and countless boats and cars. 

Was that tactical advantage worth missing long range shots by being forced to use the M95? hell no.  I don't remember ever using the M95 on USMC, and now with the L96, I can't remember the last time I used the M95.  I do know that with the L96 I suddenly change a sniperless enemy team into about 25% snipers looking for me, but resulting in upping my SR kills.
ellmo
+0|6754
1. Doing 40-50% sniper accuracy isn't really that tough. I have done it with relative ease, and I'm not only playing sniper class. I don't want to show off my skills, just telling that with a bit training, an average player could get to 55-60% without trouble.

2. @ Kwalken: I don't understand what you're wonedring about in the first story. The bullet didn't necessarily had to drop. If all that you could've seen was enemy's fuzzy shilouette, then the bullet most probably deviated from original trajectory by three inches, which is possible at that ranges. Sometimes it's just not up to you if you hit the target, weapons ain't perfect.

3. My high mathematic skills indicate, that 60% accuracy is neither hitting with every single bullet, nor hitting almost half of your bullets; it's hitting 3 of every 5 rounds... for Christ sake...

Last edited by ellmo (2006-03-05 14:58:11)

oddball79
+1|6695
I have 54.09% its not that hard just learn to lead somebody
Ruutocka
+0|6648
Look at the time played that will give you a clue to there accuracy.  Like me i have around 22% accuracy but i dont always wait for a guy to stand still. I have around 1000 kills with it and only 16 hours played.  People with like 60% like 2 i looked at stats for had over 40 hours and only 1000 or little over a thousand kills.  They just have patients and sit and wait for a good shot.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6671
Here's a few shots I took today, annoying thing is I made some better shots earlier but alt-tabbing in the middle of the game just to save the image you can't really do in the middle of a firefight.

These i'd probably say are average for me.

This one I took because i'd been sniping on mashtuur with the L96 and some gits on the other side had all jumped into a blackhawk (filled it up) and were going around capping flags. Because I only had the L96 I could only really take out the passengers. So the moment I got killed, I switched to the M95 went to a flag that was being capped by them, waited a few seconds for just the right moment (they weren't hovering perfectly) and took my shot. I killed the pilot, the helicopter dropped to the ground, exploded and killed every single soldier in the helicopter.

This is what i'd describe as the average range at which I engage targets, i'll often engage at longer range. However this is probably my average if I take into consider both the long and short range shots. The first shot was too high (still getting used to the L96), but the second shot hit him in the face.

Finally this one was one of the more harder shots, (it was the same round as the first screenshot but earlier) as you can see i'd just shot someone in the head whilst they were moving. The first shot hit the helicopter, the second hit my target. Funilly, another guy in the helicopter went into the same position and I shot him about 10 seconds after I shot the other guy.
The helicopter pilot at that point noticed that both his gunners had been shot in the head and quickly bugged out.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6671

Ruutocka wrote:

Look at the time played that will give you a clue to there accuracy.  Like me i have around 22% accuracy but i dont always wait for a guy to stand still. I have around 1000 kills with it and only 16 hours played.  People with like 60% like 2 i looked at stats for had over 40 hours and only 1000 or little over a thousand kills.  They just have patients and sit and wait for a good shot.
Thing you need to remember also, is that it's really easy to get high accuracy if you're a close range sniper. I on the other hand prefer medium to long range.
I also enjoy hitting running targets, puts the fear of god into people.. 
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6729|Charlie One Alpha
Time            Kills     Deaths  K/D     Accuracy
08:17:17      314      164      1.91      53.34%

As you can see my accuracy is 53.34, and my playing style varies a lot, depending on my mood. Sometimes I only take the sure shots, and other times I try moving targets. That said, I mostly suck at hitting anything that moves, so that's when my acc drops drastically.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2006-03-05 15:31:31)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
sfg-Ice__
+4|6672
Hmm I think you need a standard point value past which you can start to measure who is good at sniping and not.  I think a few hundred kills with a sniper rifle should qualify.

Sniper        12:57:18         kills780        deaths513            ratio1.52

Sniper Rifle 11:17:02               480                 409                  1.17            accuracy 58%
As you can see I'm pushin 58%.  I just love to snipe.

Last edited by sfg-Ice__ (2006-03-05 15:48:32)

EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6671

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Time            Kills     Deaths  K/D     Accuracy
08:17:17      314      164      1.91      53.34%

As you can see my accuracy is 53.34, and my playing style varies a lot, depending on my mood. Sometimes I only take the sure shots, and other times I try moving targets. That said, I mostly suck at hitting anything that moves, so that's when my acc drops drastically.
Practice makes perfect, I find it's easier to hit moving targets with the M95 than with the L96. I think it's the sight lines that help a bit.
leesupport
+39|6702
Sniper Rifles 10:59:59 353 368 0.96 59.96%

trying to get my kills above my deaths  i never played sniper much till about a month ago mostly played support
Dogfood Enforcer
+4|6683
ppl who were snipers before the patch and put up similar numbers are the real pros. before the patch you just had to hope it hit where you were actually aiming. i had 49% accuracy up until just after the patch. instead of increasing it went down.lol

i think its because i dont wait for shots like i did before. before id wait and wait until i was 100% sure id hit the target. now i shoot when i might have held before. you can make some pretty fantastic shots with the new patch.lol
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6748|Louisiana
I'm surprised that my sniper rifle accuracy is 39%. I thought it would be lower than that. I usually don't play as a sniper unless the situation calls for it and I'm on the US because the M24 is the only sniper rifle I really like. I also haven't really gotten the hang of how high above a target I need to aim to compensate for bullet drop; it doesn't seem to be very consistent. Sniping in general seems inconsistent; I shot at someone three times with the crosshairs right on them at a distance of probably less than 50 feet and I don't think I got a single hit, yet the first time he shot at me I was dead. I also don't get hit indicators with a sniper rifle so I can't tell if I'm actually hitting someone or not.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6671
Before the 1.2 patch my k/d (with the sniper rifle) ratio for a sniper was 2, with the 1.2 patch it's currently 2.14 and my accuracy is about the same. For me i'd say very little has changed.

xintegrityx, when shooting with the M24, L96 or M95 instead of just clicking the fire button hold it down. You'll stay in the scope view and it will show the hit indicator if you hit the target, you then release the fire button and let it load in the next bullet.

Hitting them at 50 feet thing, where were you aiming? (head, chest etc) and were you standing, prone or kneeling?
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6748|Louisiana
I didn't know that about the hit indicator, thanks.

When I was trying to shoot the guy I was on Wake Island, running along the side of the island, and he was in front of me and on top of the island, by an AA emplacement. I saw him so I went prone, took a shot, and I missed. I knew he was a sniper too and he'd be shooting back so I got up, ran forward a little bit, then went prone again and took another shot. I did that one more time before he killed me. I was aiming directly at his chest so I guess it's possible that I hit him once and the other two missed.
CackNBallz
+45|6762|Toronto, Canada

xintegrityx wrote:

I'm surprised that my sniper rifle accuracy is 39%. I thought it would be lower than that. I usually don't play as a sniper unless the situation calls for it and I'm on the US because the M24 is the only sniper rifle I really like. I also haven't really gotten the hang of how high above a target I need to aim to compensate for bullet drop; it doesn't seem to be very consistent. Sniping in general seems inconsistent; I shot at someone three times with the crosshairs right on them at a distance of probably less than 50 feet and I don't think I got a single hit, yet the first time he shot at me I was dead. I also don't get hit indicators with a sniper rifle so I can't tell if I'm actually hitting someone or not.
There are hit indicators when you hit someone, although I don't notice them if I do a headshot (maybe it's just me). If you hold the left mouse button you will stay in the scope for a second or two longer.

If you are close range you should aim for their neck, especially with the M95. If over 100 metres, aim for the centre of face/neck area, over 200 metres start aiming at the top of their head, at around 300 to 400 metres start aiming a full head length or two above the head. With practice you will know how high to aim.
Barrakuda777
+86|6756|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
I have a few more hours

Sniper Rifles      80h 17m 36s      53%      3154      1750      1.80

But i am constantly moving and use my pistol alot in this class

Pistols      4h 59m 50s      22%      589      403      1.46

plus my clays of course - MAINLY PRE 1.2

Explosives      7h 45m 22s      33%      1159      436      2.66

(from gameslave - cant check my stats from work - was alays good wiv da clays.....)

Kooda

P.S. 1.2 is a snipers dream really - my accuracy is going up but due to sheer time spent pre 1.2 my numbers will only move SLOWLY
coreinflames
+12|6664
I am 100%   !!!!!!!!

Yes,  I am 100% sure that i dont have anywhere near a 100% accuaracy with my sniper riffle.

That is all.

https://sig.gamedrome.com/gen/25465.jpg
ddknight31
+12|6671
Sniper rifle I have 51%... Defib is 81%!! And my GL is 67.5% with 1:07:16 useage.
Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna
+42|6651|Norway
yesterday I saw through the sniperrifle top50 on bf2tracker and I came to the conclusion that high accuracy doesn't meen that the sniper is actually sniping effectively.
for example: a lot of those top guys are mostly using the SVD. let's say you got 3 shots. if you aim for the torso you will probably hit 3 times and kill the target. but if you aim for head, you may miss 3 times, but when at least 1 bullet hits you will get a frag, that means, if the 1.st bullet hit, you only need 1 shot per kill.
the difference is that, you will have a better accuracy if you aim for the torso, but you will also need more shots per kill, at least 3.
if you aim for the head you'll usually have a lower accuracy, but you will end up with a better shot-per-kill ratio.

I think you'll agree that a low shot-per-kill ratio tells more about a sniper than pure accuracy, but it doesn't tell evering either, so you will still have to take a look at the accuracy when judging a sniper.

the average top50 sniperrifle player got an accuracy of 46% and a SPK-ratio of 4.79.
Barrakuda777
+86|6756|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
hey cool, howd ya get the shots per kill info?

Kooda
Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna
+42|6651|Norway

Barrakuda777 wrote:

hey cool, howd ya get the shots per kill info?
bf2tracker.com shows the number of shots you made with every single weapon. just divide the numbers of shots with the numbers of kills.
for example: G.J.Ingram:
shots: 71187
kills: 18982
SPK = 71187 / 18982 = 3.75 SPK
Bernadictus
+1,055|6756

I play with the SVD alot, and my accuray has gone up with .50 points.
I believe the accuracy with the SVD is higher then the M95. Also you can fire a whole magazine when a M95 fires just 1, creating better survival chances. (had 47 kills yesterday to 21 deaths)
DarkObsidian
+6|6656|Arizona, USA

monkeyhunkeytunkey wrote:

lol just getting 60% acc to me is like a hack i mean every hit you gotta hit the damn guy and cant miss 1 bullet so dont give me that crap that you got 40- 60% acc
My god, will you please read a book or something?
Your posts are always filled with stupid shit like the above.
60% is less than 100% moron.
Don't post here unless you have something intelligent or something that contributes to the forums.

Anyways, I have about 43% but I have shared my account with a friend for a short period of time, otherwise it'd be higher.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard