R0lyP0ly
+161|6668|USA
With all the hum drum of how powerful (not really) the new AA is, what if we weakened the AA sites, but created an Anti-Air (AA) class. It would be reflective of AT, with a small personal defense weapon (P90,etc), a pistol, and rather than an SRAW or Eryx, a Stinger! I think it would come in handy on maps like Wake Island, FuShe Pass, etc, where you are going to be lit up by that chopper because the AA site is 100 meters away and its right above you. Now you can retaliate against those plane whores from anywhere on the map.

Just some thoughts...
sfg-Ice__
+4|6667
LOL wow where this come from hehe.  Anyway, a new class would require more programming vice give the stinger (which can only be fired at air targets that have a lock) to one of the other classes as a weapon upgrade.  Either the Eng or the AT would be good for this..
DawidBuchwald
+0|6647|Warsaw, Poland
I agree that AA soldier would be nice. But not in BF2 AT class already sucks - do we really need another one? Yes, give stingers to AT. This could work. New class - definitely NOT!
Orion5413
+4|6701|Irving Tx
it would make iron gator almost a sure win for the seal team...but on other maps sure
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

Bullets work. Use them.
Jarheadz
+2|6647|Austin, Tx
lol bullets doesnt work really well on fast movin planes :p
maybe a new AA bullets? some imagination eh?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

Jarheadz wrote:

I've shot down more "fast movers" with support weapons, vehicle-mounted machine guns or even MGs poking out of sandbags than I care to recall. As planes in Battlefield 2 fly at near-stall speeds, they're fair game...even for AK's (if you're hard-core).

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-01 12:58:39)

Torin
+52|6706
They should fix the AA and give the AT class the option of choosing a Stinger instead of an AT weapon. But, unfortunately that means more programming, and if you give the AT class both the SRAW/Eryx AND a Stinger, it would be way too good.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

Torin wrote:

They should fix the AA and give the AT class the option of choosing a Stinger instead of an AT weapon.
Again, there are already so many ways to take down fliers that it would be redundant to give infantry portable stingers.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6668|USA
too many ways? a mounted MG (vehicle, site, etc) can be hard to come by. Thats just like saying AT is useless becuase there's always a TOW or another tank, right? But I do like the idea of SRAW or Stinger, like a switching. Sounds good. As for taking out wings with mounted MG, yea its possible, but I'll take a stinger to your machine gun any day of the week
1stLt.MikeUSAF
+3|6649
The pilot's say thank you........ people complain about the AA to much! Saying there to many stations, and to hard to get off from. Add a new class and having a shit load of troops run around with MobileAA is pretty stupid. Nice on realism bad for BF2.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6668|USA
shit load of AA? I dont think so. there just isnt enough airplanes to shoot down. they would also be getting pwned by infantry as they attempt to use the Stinger. its just like the AT class, only AA. there is minimal difference. and actually, being an AT and switching to Stinger when you spawn is what'll happen. This is from the standpoint of a balanced squad kicking ass but being hammered by a jet a not really having any form of true retaliation. Some AA sites are too far off of CPs to stop the attack.
l41e
+677|6662

Maybe make a huge reload time and a fairly weak infantry weapon.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6672| United States of America

sfg-Ice__ wrote:

LOL wow where this come from hehe.  Anyway, a new class would require more programming vice give the stinger (which can only be fired at air targets that have a lock) to one of the other classes as a weapon upgrade.  Either the Eng or the AT would be good for this..
EA would probaly bitch and moan about how they cant get it in to the game ( take 1.2 patch for example)
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6728|Purplicious Wisconsin
As I mentioned in the aa for at class thread I think the aa should be for enginear.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

Common tools against choppers:

Support LMG's, M95, AT rockets (two or three will do it), C4 (for low'n'slow slicks) mounted LMG's, vehicle MGs, TOW, IGLA, APCs, tanks, mobile AA, other choppers, jets

Common tools against jets:

M95, AT rockets (for bombers coming in straight - one-hit kill), mounted LMG's, vehicle MGs, IGLA, tank MGs, mobile AA, choppers (easy when one's flying straight at you with its guns blazing), other jets
With all this imminently achievable, do we really NEED an AA kit?

War Man wrote:

As I mentioned in the aa for at class thread I think the aa should be for enginear.
This makes no sense. Guys running around with wrenches, landmines and...Stingers?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-14 14:46:53)

Shadovve
+10|6617|Columbus, OH
I also feel that Shoulder Mounted Stinger Missiles should be implemented.  A good Jet or AH driver knows where all the AA points are, and can easily kill them.  If you could play a class like the AT, but AA instead.  This would make it a lot harder for someone to base rape with a single aircraft.

It could be an unlock for AT.  that way you are either AA, or AT.  if your other weapons pretty much sucked as they do with AT, you would not see everyone playing this class, but in the event that some jet driver was rapping the uncap, everyone would spawn as this, and he would not likely make it back to rearm/repair.

just my $0.02

Shadovve
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6786|PNW

*sigh*

Aircraft are already so easy to take down. The secret to IGLA points is to jump into them when a plane is passing, so as not to give them a square target, and to catch them offguard.

The whole idea of "other people might be able to kill stuff easily, but *I* can't, so I want it *CHANGED!!!!!1118*" is what screws up so many patches.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-04-15 10:34:37)

masterderman
TaNk WhOrE
+1|6650|Charlotte N.C.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

*sigh*

Aircraft are already so easy to take down. The secret to IGLA points is to jump into them when a plane is passing, so as not to give them a square target, and to catch them offguard.

The whole idea of "other people might be able to kill stuff easily, but *I* can't, so I want it *CHANGED!!!!!1118*" is what screws up so many patches.
i agree with him, i think that it would screw up the game play too much than it already is sometimes, and if you don't like planes camping uncap bases try to find another room, now the fact that a AA addition to the AT class would be nice i doubt it will ever happen
PRiMACORD
+190|6639|Home of the Escalade Herds
Dumbass idea.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6668|USA

PRiMACORD wrote:

Dumbass idea.
If you are gonna be a prick, at least tell us why. '_'
PRiMACORD

R0lyP0ly wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Dumbass idea.
If you are gonna be a prick, at least tell us why. '_'
You're whining that you need another way to kill choppers.

Ways to take down choppers :

AA (stingers ect)
AA Tanks
AT
Tanks
APCs
Jeeps
M95
Jets
Choppers

Ways to take down jets :

Jets
AA (if you're a dumbass pilot)
AA Tanks (they work decently)

Wow thats balanced.

Lets add another way to kill heli's, great idea.

If you have a decent pilot on the chinese team he can keep the AH-1Z grounded forever. I'm not a great pilot and i can do it. It was so easy i almost felt guilty.

Last edited by PRiMACORD (2006-04-15 15:25:09)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6679|NT, like Mick Dundee

Before 1.2 this was a good idea, now it is completely redundant due to the armour reductions on the choppers and jets.

@Primacord: - I do believe the OP was looking for another way to take down Jets (specifically the fighter jets) not so much choppers.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
PRiMACORD

Flecco wrote:

Before 1.2 this was a good idea, now it is completely redundant due to the armour reductions on the choppers and jets.

@Primacord: - I do believe the OP was looking for another way to take down Jets (specifically the fighter jets) not so much choppers.
He mentions both so...

R0lyP0ly wrote:

I think it would come in handy on maps like Wake Island, FuShe Pass, etc, where you are going to be lit up by that chopper because the AA site is 100 meters away and its right above you. Now you can retaliate against those plane whores from anywhere on the map.
Anymore counters you add against jets will just add as a counter for heli's. Heli's have 9 counters, Jets have 3. Jets do need more counters but something that doesn't affect heli's!
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6660

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jarheadz wrote:

I've shot down more "fast movers" with support weapons, vehicle-mounted machine guns or even MGs poking out of sandbags than I care to recall. As planes in Battlefield 2 fly at near-stall speeds, they're fair game...even for AK's (if you're hard-core).
Your tellin me you shoot down a lot of jets with aks and support weapons. And one thing the plane would have to be standing still for you to do enough damage with your support or AK

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard