[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6807|Oakland, CA
Now im probably the worlds worst aeronautic. Any advice on flying? Athough im using a keyboard + mouse.
cmdwedge
More TK's than you can poke a stick at
+5|6824|Canberra, Australia
Step 1: buy a joystick. They're cheap.

Then get back to us.
McPwned
Canadian Ops
+0|6857|Canada
Meh, I'm a good pilot, but don't use a joystick.

Not saying it isn't a good idea, though.
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6823|USA, IL
Advice tip that will help you improve.... dont use keyboard and mouse.

But yea, my advice is use your gun on the jet while going in on runs, it dosent overheat and it gets one hit kills on infantry.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6860|Australia
if u have a mouse with the back button for web browsing bind pull up to the back button lets you do sharp turns by simply lifting your mouse and pussshing that button

i think thats the only advantge i have over most other players and it seems to make me pretty damm hard to hit, and way easier than moving the mouse up and down all the time
wiggin
+0|6823|Bay Area, CA
when dogfighting, stay in bomb mode so the plane that your following doesnt know your behind them and take evasive actions. When the person your following straightens out, switch to air->air and fire 2 missles (2 if its a plane or cobra, 3 if its a transport helo), otherwise hammer at them with guns, they tend to not notice you behind them if you use guns. next, Always go in with guns blazing, youd be amazed how many kills you can get without seeing anybody. And finally buy a joystick, you can by all means be a good kb/mouse pilot, but the joystick (especially ones with the twist handle rudder control) really makes things a whole lot easier and more intuitive. Try to buy one with a twist handle rudder control and a throttle, it will make your life a lot easier, the topgun stick made by thrustmaster is a good choice, 30 bucks at any large retailer, cheaper if you go online, I personally use a microsoft sidewinder thats over 8 years old.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6852|government yard in trenchtown.
My only real problem with jet piloting is:

How do I slow down the jet to score easier MG kills? Everytime I slow down the front seem to go towards the ground and usually I crash.

Do I just suck, my settings are ok?
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6860|Australia
lol dont slow down so much:P if ur nose starts falling ur tooooo slow and u need to get some speed up so pull up n hit ur after burners...
i personally never slow down... if u got a good aim u wont need to...

and i find that if u slow down its harder to avoid missiles being shot at you as it takes to long to get up to speed and ur plane doesnt move all that well at low speeds
Guruz
Sir
+20|6852|government yard in trenchtown.
But I've seen and heard guys who know how to stop down in a dogfight, so the enemy flies over/under them and they can be the chaser again..
How do you slow down a little bit then
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6838|St. Louis, MO
Just keep your nose up and power down.When you start to stall hit the afterburner, but if the guy on your ass is worth a shit your dead.
I usually fly with a controller that somewhat resembles an X-box controller.It's a lot easier on the wrist.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6827
Use KB only.. its best.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6860|Australia
slow down u reverse what is it the f35b jump jet is the best u can stop that one and let em fly past
Croak
+11|6819|San Marcos, CA
You do that slowdown trick in an F35 with a good pilot on your six, you'll die.  You slow down a lot, I go vertical and come back down on you for an easy cannon kill, since you're pretty much where I left you.

And going vertical is my number one tip for you guys when dogfighting...too many pilots work the horizontal (turns) and don't work the vertical (climbs and dives).  Save your burner, (NEVER use your burner when there's nobody on your butt, unless you're trying to chase down somebody) and if a bad guy is on your six, turn tight for a few seconds to make him think you're just like everyone else, then hit the burners and go straight up, level off, spot the guy who's now below you and probably still turning, and get on HIS six.  Best case, you've got a kill, worst case you've disengaged from the fight and can go aggressive.

If you go too high and hit the ceiling, you'll go into a flat spin...you can recover from that by just taking your hands off the controls and throttle, the plane will eventually loose altitude and you'll regain control.   Try not to let it happen, because you can go out of bounds while doing it, and die.

If you do get caught up in a circle of death, use your burner in little bursts, just to offset the energy loss you'll have while turning, but ALWAYS try to keep some burner reserve.  The slower you go, the tighter you'll turn, and the faster you go, the wider you'll turn.  If you're being chased, you don't want to turn too wide, that sets them up for a good missle or cannon shot, but you don't want to turn too slow, because then a missle can ruin your day.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6823|Marathon, Florida Keys
Guns take to long for me to take down someone, so i sneak up behind someone, really close and i mean REALLY CLOSE (5-10 feet) and get him so his tails are between my nose, then turn on missles and since the engines arnt in inte target recitle it doesnt lock on, he has no warning, press the fire missle button as fast as you can because chances are he will move, cook off 2 missles right up his bongholio and hes toast, i killed a expert pilot that had a 50 kill streak that round this way.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Croak
+11|6819|San Marcos, CA
If you're THAT close guns will take him down pretty darn quick too.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6827
I get him to the stage where one missile will take him out with my gun, then use my one missile.
MCM13276
+1|6808
Is there a set distance or stratagy to a good bomb drop. I amd quite new to this, however getting the hang of it now. i am ok with the 5 bomb load but the 2 bomb load is a bit more tricky, any tips.... also, will any joysticks work or only certain ones, i have a saitech flightstick, but it dosen't work...  any suggestions on a good one to get...
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6862|San Francisco

Bombing with the attack jets requires that you nose down slightly as the two bombs release (so that the second bomb is dropped lower than the first) this way they will both hit the same target (hopefully!) Otherwise most armor will end up taking multiple passes to kill. Load up a local multiplayer map and practice this technique on the static vehicles lying around, you will get it after awhile.
MCM13276
+1|6808
Great. Thanks... What about joysticks, will this help the cause and if so which one would be a recommend

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard