Technically EF is standard BF2.
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6700|Enon
Cant wait for the game
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6750|cairns australia
didnt ea say that the 1.21 patch would be released before euroforce?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6681|NT, like Mick Dundee

pokerplaya wrote:

Yes they did, this german guy got lucky...

For all you people whining about the cost of Euroforce, DICE have to be paid you know... Besides its bloody cheap... I know of magazines that cost more than the supposed price of EF and AF...

BF2
SF
EF
AF... what next DICE?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?

Flecco wrote:

pokerplaya wrote:

Yes they did, this german guy got lucky...

For all you people whining about the cost of Euroforce, DICE have to be paid you know... Besides its bloody cheap... I know of magazines that cost more than the supposed price of EF and AF...

BF2
SF
EF
AF... what next DICE?
MF?
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6754|San Diego
So cabracke,  is it true that Euro Force is only 32 players allowed? 

So how did you play it online?  are there euro force only servers?  or does it switch from a BF2 vanilla map then to a euro force map?

If it switches from a Karkand to a EF map,  and there are 64 players,  do 32 players get kicked out,  or 64 players are on a 32 player level map?

Also when you buy EF, did it give you the ability to get unlocks,  just like when you buy SF,  you automatically get 2 unlocks.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ogopogo15 (2006-03-01 07:57:50)

Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6790|Hamburg, Germany

Ogopogo15 wrote:

So cabracke,  is it true that Euro Force is only 32 players allowed? 

So how did you play it online?  are there euro force only servers?  or does it switch from a BF2 vanilla map then to a euro force map?

If it switches from a Karkand to a EF map,  and there are 64 players,  do 32 players get kicked out,  or 64 players are on a 32 player level map?

Also when you buy EF, did it give you the ability to get unlocks,  just like when you buy SF,  you automatically get 2 unlocks.

Thanks in advance.
I don't have it yet...
but to answer a few questions:

The server just loades a differnt map. EF maps are mixed with BF2 vanilla/normal maps unlike Special Forces so for you its just another map.

I guess Servers with EF maps will say that in their name.
(can anyone confirm if they do not have a blue 2 icon in the serverbrowser?)

maps are 32 player size but 64 people can play on it so when switching from a 64p map will not kick 32 players.
(singelplayer max no of players is also 32; you and 31 bots. can you confirm?)

The dvdboxes shiped to retailers for the original release date. After that EA decided to delay EF to wait for the 1.21Patch/Hotfix. (not nessesary to play EF) However the shops did not know about the delay so they started selling it but they removed it from the shelves  as soon as they knew about the delay. Some shops still sell it though...

There are a few servers up and running EF for test purposes and for the press to test...

Last edited by Aruba-Prime (2006-03-01 08:36:50)

cabracke
+5|6649|Germany
Yes, I can confirm that. There is a difference between "32 players allowed" and "mapsize of 32", which is the EF limit. You can in fact play with 63 other people on 32-player maps, which is no problem on at least Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen. Although the maps are 32-player-size, they are way big enough for 64 players, that's for sure.

I played on "Euro Force ranked server": http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … 202:16567/

They are rotating the EF maps with mapsize 32 and 64 players allowed only, no vanilla maps on that server. I am sure nobody would be kicked unless he/she didn't have EF installed.

There are no new unlocks in EF, the new weapons are only used by the European Army. But, like in vanilla (EF is in fact now a part of vanilla because it seamlessly integrates), you can use your previously unlocked SF-weapons.

As for EF, there is no need to wait for the 1.21 patch. It seems to me those maps run better than all other maps.

BTW: the EA stats server does not seem to record any round played yet.

@pokerplaya: what is "MF"? Just a wild guess or did I miss something?

@Aruba-Prime: no, there is no blue "2" in the server browser. It's red like in vanilla.

Last edited by cabracke (2006-03-01 08:31:19)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6753

If I can buy a serial in the shop, I dont care if i have to download the content!
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6695|Denver, CO
cabracke, are you able to use your different accounts to play the EF maps?
cabracke
+5|6649|Germany
I'm not home yet, still in the office...

I will try that in about three hours, but I am pretty sure it will work.
Masta_Daco
+39|6752|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
so can i buy EF now? cuz i live in the netherlands so where can i download it?
Jarheadz
+2|6649|Austin, Tx
damn~ u guys are very damn lucky in euro. we in US had to wait till 1.21 released. wish u guys can hook us up so we can try EF
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6754|San Diego
Awesome cabracke,  & aruba,  thanks for clearing up and answering my questions.  That is gonna be awesome if there are 64 player battles.
dan500
+57|6863
Look here.. EVERYONE CAN D/L IT NOW

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthre … post736582
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
merc force(really meant mofo)
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6725|Germany
Just coming back from 2 hours of nonstop EF.... And YEAH !!!, it´s totally worth it, if your just a bit interested in BF2 it is highly recommendable to get the booster back...
Very nice maps, congrats to EA for this.
I see some very cool battles coming up when EF is rotating through the servers !
cabracke
+5|6649|Germany
The server I played on yesterday is in fact located in the US... ;-)
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6754|The Hague, Netherlands

well i wanna play EF and so and not whining about the 10 euros or something that its gonna cost, its just that i dont have a creditcard neither have my family or anyone else i know. (creditcard aint that needed here) neither did i heard anything here about a store EF Box version i just find it kinda stupid if this only comes out in Germany.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
HellHead
+336|6725|Germany

-=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| wrote:

well i wanna play EF and so and not whining about the 10 euros or something that its gonna cost, its just that i dont have a creditcard neither have my family or anyone else i know. (creditcard aint that needed here) neither did i heard anything here about a store EF Box version i just find it kinda stupid if this only comes out in Germany.
Well just try it on german or dutch amazon then...It looked it up yesterday and they are selling it there (just the box with the download code of course)
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
am downloading from ea downloader now woot.
cabracke
+5|6649|Germany
Really bad news, guys!!!!

I just tried to play EF with my second account, it doesn't work! It says I have to buy a second license and download and install AGAIN with the second account!

That's one thing they should IMMEDIATELY address in the 1.21 patch if they don't want to lose lots of potential EFbuyers... :-(((((
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

I downloaded and installed, but can't find a sever.
HellHead
+336|6725|Germany

usmarine2005 wrote:

I downloaded and installed, but can't find a sever.
Had the same problem...just uncheck the "same mod" box in the server screen.
That should do it.
INCSOC
Member since 1984
+113|6695|Denver, CO

cabracke wrote:

Really bad news, guys!!!!

I just tried to play EF with my second account, it doesn't work! It says I have to buy a second license and download and install AGAIN with the second account!

That's one thing they should IMMEDIATELY address in the 1.21 patch if they don't want to lose lots of potential EFbuyers... :-(((((
that really does suck... lets hope they do change this policy...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard